Anyone Else Excited?

Queen Beastie

For the first time in a few years I'm actually looking forward to the start of the new season. I've become disheartened with ICT over the past couple of seasons, the way the Board run the club is shocking at best and the icing on the cake was bringing Brewster back. I have been to games and given the team my support but recently the team and what it was doing had become less important to me, that my make me a rubbish fan but that's how it was.

But now I can't wait to get stuck into the 1st Division, I'm already planning my away trips. I think it will be a tough task competing for the title, and I don't think we'll come straight back up but it will be nice starting a season with a hope of challenging again.

I just hope Butcher is given the backing to create a new team capable of doing it.

Roll on August

I'm really looking forward to visiting some of these grounds again for the first time in a few years. The average journey is going to be longer than it was in the SPL, but places like Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy and Ayr are always a pleasure to go to.

Not getting too excited about the football itself - as I said on another thread, I don't see any possibility of us bouncing straight back and I'm anticipating a mid-table finish. Mind you, I suppose it's quite exciting simply being unable to predict how any game will go.

I don't wish the season started next week though - looking forward to having my weekends free to do exactly what I want with them for a couple of months. Also, when it gets to about a fortnight before the season starts, the anticipation really starts to build again: you can feel it coming through from the posts on here, and it is always one of the times of the year when this site is at its most interesting and enjoyable.

Glad we've got some time off as I need to recharge my football batteries.

It's been a long and arduous season and it's taken it's toll.

Coupled with relegation we've had to endure some of the worst football on offer at ICT and the general standard of the SPL is at an all time low

Can't say I'm as excited as the above about the prospect of life in the first. It's going to be hell trying to get back into the SPL

I cant feckin wait :021: Only if it started this saturday

Exactly how i feel :P

Ditto. I wish there was a game this weekend. Are the stewards all ***** in division one? Oh, wait, you CAN stand up there. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

I cant feckin wait :thumb01n: Only if it started this saturday

Exactly how i feel :D

Ditto. I wish there was a game this weekend. Are the stewards all ***** in division one? Oh, wait, you CAN stand up there. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Are we aloud to stand up :P ???? I think its just the same stewards we get :021:

I cant feckin wait :thumb01n: Only if it started this saturday

Exactly how i feel :lol:

Are we aloud to stand up :thumb01n: ???? I think its just the same stewards we get :030:

I think Morton, Dross county, Ayr and QOS have terraces in the away end.

Yesterday when the final whistle went I was utterly devistated but on the walk back into town myself and my cusens were talking and we thought of lots of positives. The last thing I wanted to happen was this but whats done is done and we may aswell make the best of a bad situation. I'm oretty confident we will maintain the majority of the crowd that have followed us in the SPL.

The way i see it DC....was tha ti enjoyed the days better wen a trip to Ibrox or Parkhead was a treat...a one off. Was far more exciting than being in the league wi them. may sound mad...but thats how i prefer it. I lost my zest for footie wen we was in the SPL for some reason. Maybe its because, IMHO, we played more attractive football outwith the SPL, but maybe those days are long gone, never to return

Got to agree it is exciting its a new challenge with have been sitting in the middle to top of the bottom six since we got to the SPL and it hasn't been that interesting to see us lose quite a lot of games. Now we will be winning a lot more hopefully and there is something to aim for - silverware.

Realistically in the SPL we could not challenge any of the top six due to their larg fan base and much larger budgets meaning each year we were just trying to stay in it and it was not that interesting as we were not going anywhere and improving. We can never match the majority of the clubs in the SPL with their budgets so it was nice to rub shoulders with the best but now it is time for a new challenge.

The point is , as far as I'm concerned , we should be competing with Scotlands finest week in week out and not get excited about the prospect of playing in the second tier . Only my opinion though .

Technically speaking...i agree DC....we SHOULD have been competing with Scotlands finest week in week out....but alas......we coulndnt pull it off. And at the risk of banging on about it, The reason for this is because of gross mismanagment at board level!

To be honest I am devastated today - I suspect that all the thank feck we are in the SFL is a psychological means of trying to diminish the feelings of grief and loss. I am quite looking forward to the SFL fer many of the reasons stated but I would far preferred to be visiting the SPL grounds next season.

If this was a case of going down fer a season, recouping, enjoying and bouncing back up again then sure - but it aint as easy s that - especially if we have to rely on a bunch of incompetent muppets to lead us.