Trialist

ictchris

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bonzo

The usual speculation that goes nowhere .................

Darren Campbell is on his way home.

Charlie does not feel he is up to the standard we require.

As for those of you criticising our current squad members,

get a life

get a grip, or

get to Dingwall.

I thought Campbell was excellent in the brief spells he got the ball on Saturday - well done, Proc, for ignoring the guy you'd been warming up with, who was shouting for the ball in acres of space, instead hoofing the ball into a crowded central midfield on at least three occasions. The lad won us two corners, put in at least one fantastic cross (Denzil, moment of brilliance past, stood off and looked at the ball as if a passing ferret had just expounded the Theory of Relativity in Urdu), fought for possession, was found back in defence as well as closing in on goal, and generally showed willing. He even juggled the ball with his knees, though I don't think he knew it was there. Give the boy a year  :003:

It's one thing to play well in friendlies against much lesser opposition than to turn it on in the SPL. CC would have been looking at him as a player overall, ie how he is in training, how he conducts himself, attitude, how  he fits in with the rest of the squad etc. He might not be right for ICT and I'll trust CC on those decisions, he is the manager after all.

A couple of good games against part time teams ain't much good to ya at Parkhead or Ibrox!