Trialist

ictchris

considering campbell doesnt play in same position as neither black nor proctor,its suprise suprise more of ur BULLPOO :006:

But you have to concede that I have been spot on so far.  :016: :016: Campbell is coming to provide wide cover. Proctor is still a favourite to move on and ya may be called rankinforce soon too.  :015: :015: :015:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..............nor , I'm afraid , is Denzil

You lot have short memories.... Denzil scored 10+ goals last season, how many SPL strikers managed that??  He still has plenty left to offer ICT.... but I think if Bayne is still with us at the start of the season he's gonna have to prove his worth to the team.  McCallister is going to have a good season I guarentee it (in an IHE prophecy stylee  :016: )

Barry's a striker though he's been playing a midfield role the last two seasons. Also isn't Zander also a front man.

What complete tosh.. Barry is a winger/attacking mid he has only ever played upfront when we have been short of options

Wilson had a very successful run up front even when we had other options to play someone else up there.

He is mainly a midfielder yes but he can also play as a forward.

Craig Dargo is obviously our best striker.  Dennis played well and bagged a good tally of goals last season and they have to start together up front. 

Bayne is a different type of player and I think he comes in for some undeserved criticism.  Big targetmen strikers and defensive midifielders are always the first targets for the 'boo boys' in football but I think that Bayne did a sterling job for us in 2004/05 and was unlucky with injury last season.  He isn't a goalscorer but his tireless workrate and physical presence give us different options up front.

This season is McAllister's make-or-break, I feel.  He has been given run-outs here and there and scored a few in the reserves but he has to really demonstrate he has it in him to be an SPL player this time out.  In the few first team games I 've seen him in he has looked nervous and makes basic errors.  Hopefully next season he can use the experience he built up last time out and eliminate this carelessness from his play as I think he has the potential to be a good player for us.

For me, barry Wilson is a right winger, he plays best and contributes most when he is on the right wing, not the left wing or up front.  He is decent cover to have but should be just that - cover.

We have a few players in midfield who have been attracting attention from elsewhere, some of whom are on the last season of their contracts.  I am glad to see CC looking ahead and bringing in players to prime for places that will more than likely be vacated at the end of the coming season, or perhaps even during the January Sales.

If we can secure suitable replacements now, then it gives the club the option of selling players in January and getting something for them instead of seeing them walk for free at the end of the season.

Bayne is a different type of player and I think he comes in for some undeserved criticism.  Big targetmen strikers and defensive midifielders are always the first targets for the 'boo boys' in football but I think that Bayne did a sterling job for us in 2004/05 and was unlucky with injury last season.  He isn't a goalscorer but his tireless workrate and physical presence give us different options up front.

Don't get me wrong I admire the 110% effort Bayne gives when he comes on to  the pitch but sometimes I think he needs to use some composure when he gets the ball and for a targetman he doesn't ever play with his back to goal, he usualy ends up chasing after the ball.  He can sometimes be an excellent player to throw on for the last 20 minutes of a game to hassle defenders but I think McCallister can do that and has the advantage of youth so CC can shape him into the type of player he wants.  He is more than capable of doing another job for us this season but if we are gonna strengthen a position upfront I expect Bayne would be the player CC will look to replace.

Wilson had a very successful run up front even when we had other options to play someone else up there.

I can remember 1 game last season that Wilson played upfront ceratinly not a "run" of games.

Bayne is a different type of player .... He isn't a goalscorer but his tireless workrate and physical presence give us different options up front.

No disrespect intended, and I know he does work extremely hard, but if he is a striker who cant score goals he's as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Liam Keogh had a similar problem and is now a midfielder. Perhaps Graham needs to be used as an attacking midfielder or an 'assist' player just behind the front two ...

Proctor is still a favourite to move on and ya may be called rankinforce soon too.  :015: :015: :015:

just like rig changed his name also

Why do you think I changed mine from robsonisgod to RiG? Rankinisgod anyone?  :015:  :004:

Bayne is a different type of player .... He isn't a goalscorer but his tireless workrate and physical presence give us different options up front.

No disrespect intended, and I know he does work extremely hard, but if he is a striker who cant score goals he's as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Liam Keogh had a similar problem and is now a midfielder. Perhaps Graham needs to be used as an attacking midfielder or an 'assist' player just behind the front two ...

I don't think he would be any use there. He is not creative enough, has little pace and I don't think he can play a killer ball. He is a striker pure and simple IMO.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

We have 25 first team players so somebody has to go, Parrat and Fox?

Anyway this Campbell is HOT!! this was my first look at him today and he is very good, better than young Black I would say as his attitude is very professional, takes the knocks, shoves and bangs and gets on with his game, Charlie Christie sign this lad!

Anyway this Campbell is HOT!! this was my first look at him today and he is very good, better than young Black I would say as his attitude is very professional, takes the knocks, shoves and bangs and gets on with his game, Charlie Christie sign this lad!

hopefully he will,not sure we should let parratt go,but fox to livi and maybe bayne or macbain

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Agreed that Parrat put in a good shift but street cred says he is on the way, Campbell was class and you know it! Best on the park.

Why would we get rid of Parrat if Rossco is an injury doubt & Proctor likely to move to United??

Thought Campbell was OK but nothing to set the heather on fire of course thats only one outing and wingers do tend to blow hot and cold. He is tiny though and not super quick. Decent control though but his crosses were a bit iffy. Still if he's offered a contract thats fair enough - the more options we have the better.

There were some players on display today though I worry about though.

Royksopp needs to learn how to use his right foot for more than just standing on. Too many times he cuts back and turns to use his left and slows down a move. He needs to work on that.

I feel that on the whole you are right though. Bayne and McBain might not be with us for too much longer despite their effort.

I'd probably be disappointed if McBain left. Always thought he was a good honest worker and is left sided too.  And I think he still cuts it at SPL level. With Him, Black, Rankin, Keogh, Duncan, would that not be a good amount of central mids or am i missing someone. (probably)

I guess cambell would replace him on the left if he comes in and offer cover on the right if need be.