Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

Think about this, if Vigurs was offered ?350 that would have effectively doubled his wage, that means up to being released today he was on around ?175 a week. Its not surprising he rejected the offer. He was probably one of the lowest paid players to have played in the SPL last season.

By the way I believe there are ICT players on less than ?175pw.

When you think what players like McGuire,Rooney and Barrowman are reportedly being paid its not a surprise to me if he has become hacked of with ICT, you can't blame him. I am sure Vigurs will take his chance and find better paid employment elsewhere, he has the talent and the skill and will be appreciated by other clubs, its our loss and I wish him well.

You're spot on, and we do have players at the club who are (IMO) on far too much money....and were as "SPL" players. The problem is that we can't just tear up contracts, contracts which the previous manager and existing Board Members were responsible for, contracts which are perhaps hindering our ability to keep one or two players we might have preferred to have kept.

It doesn't change the fact that the club cannot (and should not) be spending money we do not have, and all the moaning in the world won't change that.

Without some kind of investment the club will need to cut overheads by something in the region of ?2 Million for us to break even next year.....that's the reality of it.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each and every one of us strive to better ourselves. Thats life. Your first statement though was that he cant live on ?350 a week. Well millions in this country do.

Yes it is a short lived career and yes he wants to get what he can out of it. He is still learning though and in my opinion, though he has a talent, he hasn't shown that he's any more skilled than the majority of footballers around today. If he was he'd probably not still be at ICT. Only very exceptional ones earn the big money. The majority have to suppliment there football earnings with other jobs.

He's shown a helluva lot more skill than several other members of the 1st team Alex...

Butcher just didn't give him a single chance... which with any luck might prove be another nail in his coffin.

Nobody is knocking the lad, they're just saying that if he thinks he can get more than he was offered here then good luck to him wherever he ends up.

We can't pay what we don't have, and there's not a player out there who we should be putting ourselves in debt (or more debt than necessary) in order to have them at the club.

well then we will never keep SPL status, we cant play with the big boys if we are'nt going to pay wages...full stop.

So the last 5 years is just a figment of our imagination?

We might not be "mixing it with the big boys", but we've done OK and our relegation is (IMO) not directly attributable to the level of wages we've been paying.

I'd rather a season or two in the SFL and still have a club in a few years than the club bankrupt themselves in the next 12 months by paying wages they can't afford.....and that's where you can stick your full stop!!!

cant afford an extra 50 pound a week, aye good one. if the club distributed the wages more efficiently then we would be able to afford better players. a season or two, haha you make me laugh, try a bit more than that. it's not rocket science, we went down because we didnt have the players to keep us up, we dropped players we cant replace, you will have to pay more than 400 a week to get a better player than vigurs. you didnt think about that did you. there's your full stop.

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda........(The last words of a fool)

There's also plenty, just like Imrie, who have worked on Building Sites and know what hard graft really is!

you do realise imrie is on over a 1000 a week, iain was asking for half of that? so because imrie wasn't good enough to be a player at 19 and had to work on a building site that makes him different how?????? stop talking noise.

Ahhh - but he was good enough to be a player. He rose up through Junior Football, before being spotted by Clyde!

He's a far more established and battle hardy player.

We went down, largely, to the ineptitude of our Manager in Dec and Jan! Not because of our wage structure!

Nobody is knocking the lad, they're just saying that if he thinks he can get more than he was offered here then good luck to him wherever he ends up.

We can't pay what we don't have, and there's not a player out there who we should be putting ourselves in debt (or more debt than necessary) in order to have them at the club.

well then we will never keep SPL status, we cant play with the big boys if we are'nt going to pay wages...full stop.

So the last 5 years is just a figment of our imagination?

We might not be "mixing it with the big boys", but we've done OK and our relegation is (IMO) not directly attributable to the level of wages we've been paying.

I'd rather a season or two in the SFL and still have a club in a few years than the club bankrupt themselves in the next 12 months by paying wages they can't afford.....and that's where you can stick your full stop!!!

cant afford an extra 50 pound a week, aye good one. if the club distributed the wages more efficiently then we would be able to afford better players. a season or two, haha you make me laugh, try a bit more than that. it's not rocket science, we went down because we didnt have the players to keep us up, we dropped players we cant replace, you will have to pay more than 400 a week to get a better player than vigurs. you didnt think about that did you. there's your full stop.

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda........(The last words of a fool)

:lol:

He's shown a helluva lot more skill than several other members of the 1st team Alex...

Butcher just didn't give him a single chance... which with any luck might prove be another nail in his coffin.

There's the words of a man who's worried that Butcher will mastermind taking 12 points off his team next season :lol:

There's also plenty, just like Imrie, who have worked on Building Sites and know what hard graft really is!

you do realise imrie is on over a 1000 a week, iain was asking for half of that? so because imrie wasn't good enough to be a player at 19 and had to work on a building site that makes him different how?????? stop talking noise.

Ahhh - but he was good enough to be a player. He rose up through Junior Football, before being spotted by Clyde!

We went down, largely, to the ineptitude of our Manager in Dec and Jan! Not because of our wage structure!

trust me vigurs will go far further than dougie 1st division imrie.

If the manager and DOF cannot see talent when its staring them in the face then we are in serious trouble!.

bit hacked off that we didnt keep mihadjuks, vigurs. Mihadjuks was possibly one of our best players since coming in in January. Vigurs has potential and i feel that Div 1 would help him learn his trade and go on to be a great wee player.

Will be very interesting to see who comes in to replace these guys

There's the words of a man who's worried that Butcher will mastermind taking 12 points off his team next season :lol:

caleyd are the majority of people (pretty much everyone) that has responded to vigurs not been resigned as wrong and you are correct. the fact is the majority of people on this forum think we should have kept him. we must all be crazy because you dont agree.

Edited by CaleyP

who is this gillespie guy? anyone seen him play?

You obviously don't know your team.

Dale Gillespie, 19 , 6ft 1in, can use either foot.

Plays anywhere in midfield

Product of youth system and one of the few ICT players to represent Scotland at -19 level.

Loaned out to Elgin in January (which can't have been a lot of fun for him, but experience non the less).

Needs a chance to show himself and now we are in Div 1 there should be no excuses for this not to happen.

caleyd are the majority of people (pretty much everyone) that has responded to vigurs not been resigned as wrong and you are correct. the fact is the majority of people on this forum think we should have kept him. we must all be crazy because you dont agree.

You're missing the point.

As I said in my first post on this thread, I'm not getting involved in the "Who should stay and who should go" argument. When it comes to cutting the cloth then there's inevitable victims, people we'd all perhaps like to see kept, but it's just not possible for that to happen and all the moaning in the world won't change it.

Butcher will have been told what his budget is, he will have decided which players he wants to keep and how much he thinks they are worth and/or we can afford to pay them. What you or I think a player is worth doesn't come in to it......and even if it did, there's only a finite amount of money for us to be putting a team together next season.

You like Vigurs, someone else likes another player and others prefer someone else...no matter who was axed we were going to have people moaning....and then we have those who will simply moan at every decision for the sake of it.

It's crap that we have to let anyone go....I'd rather we didn't. I'm all ears though, and if you want to tell me how the club can keep everyone and give them wage increases whilst having to slice a couple of million from the overheads then I'm willing to listen.

trust me vigurs will go far further than dougie 1st division imrie.

:lol: i think Vigurs could end up at a english club

who is this gillespie guy? anyone seen him play?

You obviously don't know your team.

Well not alot of people get to see the under-19s play and most people are at work when the reserves play and Dale hasnt being involed with any SPL games only making the odd bench appr.

Sore point for me is the fact that we have to make such sweeping cost cutting, as our fan base after 5 spl years is still a core of less than 3000, in a catchment area of 100k +. Pavels was on loan, and under contract back home until November I think, so would require signing fee. His club are probably thinking as he is now n international they will sell him to some club for 100,000 euros. Sutherland, Gathuessi, Byrne didnt get a chance, and as budgets dictate that is the end of. Woods did get a few appearances, and I thiught he was our best up front on his own striker. But spoke to him last week and he thought he was going anyway, whether spl or not. Vigur does suprise me, but if they dont see eye to eye then pastures new is best, but hopefully not against us. 11 players under contract, 7 offered, means likely room for 2 or 3 more if all offered take the faith. Would think we could walk the 1st div if Morais, Foran, Kerr and Odhiambo sign. Dont mind McBain and Proc, but LD-Z needs to stop ***** footing around with the ball at his feet. Even the gulls hold their breath when he gets the ball with a "man on". One important thing to remember was also Butcher only had a few days of the transfer window left when he came in, and each of his 3 guys did very well. Now he has the whole summer to get a few more, I hope they make as much of an impression on the team. Are there any other ex- Motherwell players struggling at their club that would come back play for TB and MM?

he didnt sign it as he wouldn't be able to afford accomodation with what he was offered, he would have literally made more working at tesco's, so get you facts correct before making assumptions. they offered him less than 350 a week.

my wife works in tesco,s and gets no where near ?350 per week!!!

If we give up on Foran then we have plenty of money to spread round the squad, Vigurs, Wood & Mihadjuks are 3 I would be very concerned about losing

Foran is a novelty we can't afford to have, especially if it means some of our most promising youth players are getting the boot for him.

Have to say I'm quite disappointed by the statement... infact I'm angry we even released a statement to confirm which players we are trying to keep, if true, we are just creating more competition for ourselves AGAIN!! When will this club learn to keep it's affairs behind closed doors!!

Edited by Harry Chibber