Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

Thank you. You cannot blame him for not offering Vigurs and Mihadjuks contracts as he does not have the funds and I would prefer the players he has offered ontracts to than Vigurs. I'd much rather Mcbain as he has already proved himself capable in some games this season and I think he will be very good in the first diviosn. I would prefer this to Vigurs as he has already proved himself but Vigurs is still a bit of an unknown quantity we could end up with another Rory MacAllister. :frustrated01:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot blame him for not offering Vigurs and Mihadjuks contracts as he does not have the funds

QUOTE: "George Fraser is adamant that the board at Inverness will do everything possible to ensure manager Terry Butcher has the bargaining power to persuade the out of contract players he wants to keep to stay at the club ...... Fraser is confident that funds will be available to help the manager offer new deals to the players he would like to see remain at Caley Thistle next season."

Source: Inverness Courier

I would prefer the players he has offered ontracts to than Vigurs. I'd much rather Mcbain as he has already proved himself capable in some games this season and I think he will be very good in the first diviosn. I would prefer this to Vigurs as he has already proved himself but Vigurs is still a bit of an unknown quantity we could end up with another Rory MacAllister. :blink:

No disrespect intended towards Roy McBain, but he is around the 34 age mark and next season could be his last - or near to it - whereas Vigurs is early 20s. A 2 year deal for Vigurs at a reasonable wage would be a good investment in someone who has proved on more than one occasion that he is quite capable of filling a role in midfield.... do a search back to comments made after games he played, most of them are quite positive. You are right to say he still has things to prove or to learn, but of his 14 or so appearances he has proved one thing ... and that is he is not Rory McAllister who had maybe a total of one or two decent games in his ICT career.

Obviously we are not party to what goes on in the background, how players get on, who has an ego, who has a bad attitude in training or things like that, but if the decision to release Pavels or Vigurs was made on a footballing level, then personally I believe it was an error of judgement.

i can see vigurs ending up at county which could really haunt us

Imagine.. Do you think an SPL team will nab him.? He's certainly good enough IMO and have heard a wee rumour that teams such as killie + hamilton were looking at him.

Motherwell, Killie, Accies (they take alot of young players in) and even Falkirk. Any of them could move in for him....

I remember both Tokely and Don Cowie saying that Vigurs was genrally late for training.

There are still many young prospects in our youth pool. Shane Sutherland, Jamie Duff, Dale Gillespie etc.

Would love to see these guys be more involved next season.

I remember both Tokely and Don Cowie saying that Vigurs was genrally late for training.

There are still many young prospects in our youth pool. Shane Sutherland, Jamie Duff, Dale Gillespie etc.

Will TB play the younger ones next season

Hopefully they will get a chance. How many substitutes are we allowed on the bench in the first? Do we still have to use that under 21 rule?

Hopefully they will get a chance. How many substitutes are we allowed on the bench in the first? Do we still have to use that under 21 rule?

No U-21 rule in lower leagues. As things stand at the minute, although we have a number of good players in the youth set-up only Duff and Gillespie are in Butchers plans. That could well change though.

Rest assured, so long as Butcher and Malpas are in charge, nobody from the youths will get a look in unless they show 110% commitment to the job. That means dedication. No pulling sickies. No lateness. No shenanigans around the club or outside it. Maintaining fitness. Keenness to develop and learn. Terry Butcher believes in the Alex Ferguson style of management. Tick all the boxes and they will be afforded the chance to shine.

And he's also retained a very good centre back in Duff. And one who came through the Inverness Youth system at that.

For all we know, the only reason Duff is staying is that his contract isn't up.

could still release him even though under contract,if deemed not good enough

No we don't have to use that rule and unless all goes according to plan in the summer with regards to contracts TB won't have much choice whether to deploy the young blood or not.

Cheers Alex and ajsict92. The contracts offered to the rest of the squad have no real deadline apparently. I'm nervous now and just want to find out who is staying and going at the club. At the same time I am really wanting to get stuck into next season.

Johnboy, your becoming the proverbial broken record with your one man anti-Butcher campaign. Get over it and start supporting or just go away.

:P :015: :015:

That's pretty rich Alex....

Coming from the only supporter that wanted Brewster to remain as manager!

Johnboy, your becoming the proverbial broken record with your one man anti-Butcher campaign. Get over it and start supporting or just go away.

Butcher bash all you want, there are very few people who seem willing to.

I challenge you to find a post to that effect. Or a witness to corroborate your statement.

I was just on Vigurs Bebo and he said that hes delighted to go back to Aberdeen.

Well he can forget about getting a job as a footballer there.

In a way, i think the board have to let Butcher do what he wants....to an extent. Look at it this way, you all shott down Butcher, but bar two, he was playing with Brewsters side. All he added was a bit of commitment and better attitude and we started playing and getting results again.

I think its exactly what Shearer has said about Newcastle for us - relegation was going to happen eventually, perhaps now its happened they will sit down and look at the club and plan it out with what they want from the future, and plan the next few years instead of plodding along!

Butcher has 11 players, im looking forward to seeing who the 8+ players that come in.

I was just on Vigurs Bebo and he said that hes delighted to go back to Aberdeen.

He was never at Aberdeen. He joined Elgin in 2003/04 season as a sixteen year old.

He was one of the lot who lived in Aberdeen and commuted. So it's geographical and nothing to do with Aberdeen FC.

And he's also retained a very good centre back in Duff. And one who came through the Inverness Youth system at that.

For all we know, the only reason Duff is staying is that his contract isn't up.

could still release him even though under contract,if deemed not good enough

Just like Wood and Vigurs