Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

I was just on Vigurs Bebo and he said that hes delighted to go back to Aberdeen.

Well he can forget about getting a job as a footballer there.

Who says he wants to carry on his football career???

:spam01: Would Aberdeen have a look at him i wonder....

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just on Vigurs Bebo and he said that hes delighted to go back to Aberdeen.

He was never at Aberdeen. He joined Elgin in 2003/04 season as a sixteen year old.

I think he may have been an S form signing at Aberdeen and certainly played for their under age teams before switching to Celtic. Very surprised he has been released and Garry Wood for that matter.

I thought Vigurs looked a great prospect earlier in the season. Add to that the fact he has no geographical problem with Inverness, and would be a much cheaper wage than most of the alternatives.

However, Butcher, Malpas and Bennett are fully aware of all that and have still decided that he should leave. Which makes me think he must have displayed a seriously bad attitude to training.

I think he should have been given at least one chance in a match situation.

Johnboy i completely agree with you. stick to your opinion, don't let anyone tell you different.

alex as much as i agree with you most of the time, you are now telling someone to go away because they have a different opinion, you have always maintained that people have the right to their own opinion, however, you seem to be telling johnboy to go away due to his difference of opinion to yours. a bit hypocritical i think.

It is also better that Dale Gillespie is still here as he has the potential to be a better player than Vigurs. He too is also a product of our Inverness youth system.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

comment of the day....you having a laugh, even dale himself would laugh at that. as a much as i like dale as a person he did pretty bad in the third division and with no appearances in the spl, how can you say that. if he can't stand out in the third division he aint gonna stand out any higher, vigurs was ripping that league apart when he was 15....hahaha WOW.

Edited by CaleyP

if he can't stand out in the third division he aint gonna stand out any higher,

Tobe fair, it was hard for any Elgin to stand out as the level of football they played last season was very poor. The midfield were often missed out when in possesion as it was route 1 football.

Still agree with you, he isn't better than Vigurs but i don't think he should be judged by the way he played in that shocking side.

Do you not think that these decisions would have been planned if we dropped out of the SPL, they must have been assessing everyone at the club to see who fitted into their plans and who didn't?

I think he would have had to keep those under contract if they did not want to leave.

The players who did not get a contract obviously didn't deserve one in their opinion, and their can't be many on here who can say that they have seen each training session to disagree. I had heard that Vigars was so laid back he could have been horizontal, so maybe didn't tick the right boxes.

IMO Pavels wasn't the greatest thing since slice bread and that's why he couldn't get a game at the end and possibly why he couldn't get a game with his home team.

Give them time to build a team and then slate them if it goes wrong, being negative without seeing what happens seems to be the norm for some on here but I think he knows what's needed to get results and if he can do that then I'm sure you'll find something else to moan about.

Tobe fair, it was hard for any Elgin to stand out as the level of football they played last season was very poor. The midfield were often missed out when in possesion as it was route 1 football.

Still agree with you, he isn't better than Vigurs but i don't think he should be judged by the way he played in that shocking side.

i understand that but you can only judge a player on what you see, Dale i hope can rise to the level required, however, he didn't really show much in a division that technically he should have coasted ( zander had no problem standing out in that league).

Do you not think that these decisions would have been planned if we dropped out of the SPL, they must have been assessing everyone at the club to see who fitted into their plans and who didn't?

Well its really hard to say. They could have just got rid of thoses players due to us going down a division and cuts had to be made. TB and MM have only being there since January would they know what each player can do??? I think they would need to wait till pre-season before getting rid of a player. In pre-season there telling the players what they want them to do and then TB and MM will see if that player is any good in what they want from him

TB and MM have only being there since January would they know what each player can do???

How long do you think it would take them to make those decisions? Watching them day in day out, it shouldn't take them very long to make an assessment and I'm pretty sure he laid it on the line for them what he expected, so if players couldn't react to that, then there would not be a place for them. You do it on the training ground you get a chance, that must of been the way he would have approached it, so why would pre season be any different? They had an opportunity to show the new manager what they could do, they must have had a clean slate and if they didn't produce they have no one to blame but themselves.

It is impossible for anyone here, unless they have inside knowledege of training/player behaviours/etc to speculate on why some players have been let go and some offered contracts. The decision has been made so lets move on and get on with building a team for next season.

I am also hugely disappointed at the negativity of some posters who are already stating a mid table finish is the best we can hope for and, maybe not directly, starting to question whether Butcher is the man for the job. We will only know that at the end of next season but you cannot keep chopping and changing managers as that, in my opinion, has held back our development in the past few years (admittedly not our fault as managers have moved on of their own choice except Brewster). All TRUE fans must now get behind the team, renew their season tickets do whatever they can to support the team and if we can do that, I think we have a good chance of getting back up.

What is happening now, ie a team that is going to be rebuilt, should have happened 18 months ago and that is one of the main reasons we have been relegated. we now have a chance to build a new team and move forwards. C'mon the Jags.

It really is interesting to read everyones opinions but I think we may all need a reality check for next season. The fact of the matter is that Dale G and Jamie D will do very well to get a place on the bench in the 1st Div. TB will look for experience to take us back up and that unfortunately will be at the expense of youth. IMO this is not a league to learn your trade. These two guys would be better moving on to a club where they would play on a regular basis. It is the same as everything else in life, you can't learnyour trade by starting at the top! I don't see our club being any use to young pros UNLESS they are an EXCEPTIONAL talent. Unfortunately, we do not have any one in this category.

Probably a question of finding the right blend of youth and experience.

Hamilton demonstrated that pretty well last season with a team of old hackers, but yet managing to find a place for young James McArthur to show what he was capable of.

Edited by Johnboy

I have to say that of the list of players not being offered new contracts Vigurs is the only surprise and, in my opinion at least, the only mistake. I think the boy has great potential and could do a job for us in the first division next season.

I wonder is there a deadline for all the players who've been offered contracts to give the club their answer? If they're no gonna sign then other signing targets will obviously have been indentified and TB will need to contact those players before they're snapped up by other clubs.

I wonder is there a deadline for all the players who've been offered contracts to give the club their answer? If they're no gonna sign then other signing targets will obviously have been indentified and TB will need to contact those players before they're snapped up by other clubs.

TB said in the paper yesterday there was no real deadline but as we start pre-season training on June 29 it'll have to be sooner rather than later

It is impossible for anyone here, unless they have inside knowledege of training/player behaviours/etc to speculate on why some players have been let go and some offered contracts. The decision has been made so lets move on and get on with building a team for next season.

I am also hugely disappointed at the negativity of some posters who are already stating a mid table finish is the best we can hope for and, maybe not directly, starting to question whether Butcher is the man for the job. We will only know that at the end of next season but you cannot keep chopping and changing managers as that, in my opinion, has held back our development in the past few years (admittedly not our fault as managers have moved on of their own choice except Brewster). All TRUE fans must now get behind the team, renew their season tickets do whatever they can to support the team and if we can do that, I think we have a good chance of getting back up.

What is happening now, ie a team that is going to be rebuilt, should have happened 18 months ago and that is one of the main reasons we have been relegated. we now have a chance to build a new team and move forwards. C'mon the Jags.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Now is not the time to be negetive. We have the best chance to go up of all the teams that have gone down in the past few seasons and if anyone is going to do it its Butcher and Malpas.

Probably a question of finding the right blend of youth and experience.

Hamilton demonstrated that pretty well last season with a team of old hackers, but yet managing to find a place for young James McArthur to show what he was capable of.

Totally agree Johnboy but McArthur falls into the EXCEPTIONAL category, something we don't have.

I'm sure there are many RossP's on other club's threads, disappointed that their favourite player is not being retained by their club despite, in their opinion, having the talent to remain.

There will also be a Johnboy miscalling management even on the Man Utd thread today - nature is like that.

We are in unusual times in the footballing world right now with playing staffs being slimed down and I would expect a large number of players will be looking for clubs and they could very well have higher ability, in our managers eyes, than the players that have been off-loaded.

The capture of the correct players, at the correct price and turning them into a competitive force in ICT colours, is the task for our management team over the Summer.

To therefore doubt, at this time, our management team makes me think of that old adage 'fools and ...... criticise a job part done'.

I'd just like someone to explain to me why they are so sure TB and MM are precisely the right team to bring ICT straight back into the SPL.

Is there something in their track record somewhere, that I might have missed, which suggests they have exactly the right credentials for the job?

i understand that but you can only judge a player on what you see, Dale i hope can rise to the level required, however, he didn't really show much in a division that technically he should have coasted ( zander had no problem standing out in that league).

Yeh, fair point.

Johnboy, I think you have the wrong end of the stick!!

Nobody is stating that they will definitely take us right up - YOU are stating that they will not!!

If there is any proving to be done, I would suggest that it is by your goodself and one year from now you can post a big 'HA HA, I told you so', to all the posters that said that we would definitely be back up - not many, I would suspect or post a big 'I'M SORRY' if we make it.

To be continually negative regarding our current management team seems a tad disrespectful considering we almost managed to survive.

Don't give me the Rossco-out-of-position crap as your choice for centre back would have given away 2 penalties - now you prove me wrong!!

Now I accept that our manager came on here with negatives coming from his sojourn in English management but on the evidence of his short stint at ICT, I would suggest we saw more positives than that shown by his predecessor (I also grant you that would not be too difficult)

Maybe it is a time for both sides to stand back and see what the management team are made of.

I'd just like someone to explain to me why they are so sure TB and MM are precisely the right team to bring ICT straight back into the SPL.

Is there something in their track record somewhere, that I might have missed, which suggests they have exactly the right credentials for the job?

Johnboy, alot of fans believe in TB and MM

I BELIEVE!

I have to say that of the list of players not being offered new contracts Vigurs is the only surprise and, in my opinion at least, the only mistake. I think the boy has great potential and could do a job for us in the first division next season.

I thought Vigurs would be one player, who with his ggod eye for a pass, would have the potential to do a good job in the 1st. Would have aided his development no end and made him ready for the SPL step up. In the same way Hamilton done with McCarthy and McArthur (although he may not be as good as those two it could have worked similarly well) Perhaps his rumoured laid back attitude was not appreciated by Butcher. Tho I doubt Brewster would be one to tolerate that either and he ws giving hima game.

As for the rest. Sutherland and Wood never made the grade, Gatheussi and Byrne never played. Mihadchjuks was decent but an unrequired luxury for the 1st Div.

I am a little disappointed Vigurs is away but unlike Terry Butcher, I do not have the luxury of watching him train everyday. It is therefore difficult to critisise his decision in releasing an out of contract player when we are required to downsize.

I am glad to see the club having ambition and trying to keep several players. There will be interest in Kerr, Morais and Foran though and if we failed to get all 3 signed it might backfire on the management unless they can find similar replacements.

I am happy to wait until pre season though. Nothing gets done when players are on holiday.

I thought Vigurs looked a great prospect earlier in the season. Add to that the fact he has no geographical problem with Inverness, and would be a much cheaper wage than most of the alternatives.

However, Butcher, Malpas and Bennett are fully aware of all that and have still decided that he should leave. Which makes me think he must have displayed a seriously bad attitude to training.

I think he should have been given at least one chance in a match situation.

Johnboy i completely agree with you. stick to your opinion, don't let anyone tell you different.

alex as much as i agree with you most of the time, you are now telling someone to go away because they have a different opinion, you have always maintained that people have the right to their own opinion, however, you seem to be telling johnboy to go away due to his difference of opinion to yours. a bit hypocritical i think.

Not because they have a different opinion. because I'm fed up having that one opinion rammed down my throat on every other thread.