Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

I'd just like someone to explain to me why they are so sure TB and MM are precisely the right team to bring ICT straight back into the SPL.

Is there something in their track record somewhere, that I might have missed, which suggests they have exactly the right credentials for the job? Was it the success at Brentford, Swindon or Oz?

Think Johnboy has a very fair point. What is it in the past that ensures such certain belief?

TB and MM will get my support, fully. But to be honest, but for one great season with Motherwell (which included a fabulous crop of youngsters at the time) there is absolutely nothing in either of their records that should make us supremely confident. Contract discussions will be interesting. Like many, I am very surprised to see Vigurs go and if it was the manager's choice, question the decision.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see both Pavel and Vigurs going, with the case of Pavel I think it may have been to costly for us. With Vigurs I think he has great potential but like others have said we haven't had the chance to work with him every day so don't know what his attitude is like.

Butcher has to surround himself in players he thinks can get us back to the SPL simple as that.

We will be seeing vigurs next season but in a Ross County shirt. He has been offered a very nice deal to join the club and will be putting pen to paper tomorrow morning. i think we're really going to regret not signing him again...im gutted butcher has let this go, nevermind to our biggest rivals.

We will be seeing vigurs next season but in a Ross County shirt. He has been offered a very nice deal to join the club and will be putting pen to paper tomorrow morning. i think we're really going to regret not signing him again...im gutted butcher has let this go, nevermind to our biggest rivals.

That'll make for an interesting 1st derby....

Gotta a strange feeling both Brewster and Iain Vigurs will be out to impress!

Seriously.. I wish Iain best of luck for the future.

CaleyP did you not slate Dougie "1st division" Imrie and now your great white hope has signed for a bottom 3 1st Division side? I thought you had him signed for half the SPL and now he's signed for a possible relegation team, maybe not the star you had him down for?

CaleyP did you not slate Dougie "1st division" Imrie and now your great white hope has signed for a bottom 3 1st Division side? I thought you had him signed for half the SPL and now he's signed for a possible relegation team, maybe not the star you had him down for?

well he turned down a move to a team in the UEFA cup next year as he wants to get a good season behind him....he accepted less than quarter of the wage this team were offering him including flights for him and his family every month to sign for county, so maybe he wants to prove something in scotland first. hows that mike, has imrie had an offer like that???

also mike including the team from over sea's he had SPL clubs interested, he just thought he'd have a greater chance of a game next season with a 1st division club so he can get experience behind him. anything else you would like to know mike??

Edited by CaleyP

well he turned down a move to a team in the UEFA cup next year as he wants to get a good season behind him....he accepted less than quarter of the wage this team were offering him including flights for him and his family every month to sign for county, so maybe he wants to prove something in scotland first. hows that mike, has imrie had an offer like that???

also mike including the team from over sea's he had SPL clubs interested, he just thought he'd have a greater chance of a game next season with a 1st division club so he can get experience behind him. anything else you would like to know mike??

Yes, if he has had these great offers and he's turned them down and he's signing for a lot less, is he getting more than he was at ICT from County, because I'm sure you said he needed to live on more than minimum wage? If he was as confident in his own ability as you were, surely he would have been better taking an offer from a bigger club than County, or does that where he think's his level is to be sure of a game? Your painting a picture of a young boy with the world at his feet but he joins County :021: , looks to me like that's the attitude that Butcher saw and kicked his ass out the door! :allhail:

Yes, if he has had these great offers and he's turned them down and he's signing for a lot less, is he getting more than he was at ICT from County, because I'm sure you said he needed to live on more than minimum wage? If he was as confident in his own ability as you were, surely he would have been better taking an offer from a bigger club than County, or does that where he think's his level is to be sure of a game? Your painting a picture of a young boy with the world at his feet but he joins County :021: , looks to me like that's the attitude that Butcher saw and kicked his ass out the door! :allhail:

:025:

Just to make a point regarding Vigurs - if you trawl through the other 12 pages of this thread, you will notice Vigurs waygoing, highlighted by various posters that this shows:-

the management team's inability to recognise talent

the Boards inability to recruit the right management team for us

the reason we were relegated

the reason we will never be financially sound

etc, etc

He nows signs for ROSS COUNTY!!!

(Maybe it also shows posters inability to judge players ability/character/management/Board/etc)

It would appear to me therefore that other managers saw the same in him as Butcher did, at this time. His playing in the 2nd division next year may offer a springboard for his move up the ranks again but ICT cannot wait for players on our books to blossom, if they ever do, at their own pace and offloading him to a small team for resigning in the future, if good enough, makes sense.

Just to make a point regarding Vigurs - if you trawl through the other 12 pages of this thread, you will notice Vigurs waygoing, highlighted by various posters that this shows:-

the management team's inability to recognise talent

the Boards inability to recruit the right management team for us

the reason we were relegated

the reason we will never be financially sound

etc, etc

He nows signs for ROSS COUNTY!!!

(Maybe it also shows posters inability to judge players ability/character/management/Board/etc)

It would appear to me therefore that other managers saw the same in him as Butcher did, at this time. His playing in the 2nd division next year may offer a springboard for his move up the ranks again but ICT cannot wait for players on our books to blossom, if they ever do, at their own pace and offloading him to a small team for resigning in the future, if good enough, makes sense.

:rotflmao:

Yes, if he has had these great offers and he's turned them down and he's signing for a lot less, is he getting more than he was at ICT from County, because I'm sure you said he needed to live on more than minimum wage? If he was as confident in his own ability as you were, surely he would have been better taking an offer from a bigger club than County, or does that where he think's his level is to be sure of a game? Your painting a picture of a young boy with the world at his feet but he joins County :blink: , looks to me like that's the attitude that Butcher saw and kicked his ass out the door! :rotflmao:

Mike

Find this a really difficult arguement to sustain. I have no doubt that Vigurs will had offers from elsewhere, maybe not as dramatic as P makes out, but offers nevertheless. The decision to let him go was down to the manager and we have to back him. I do find it very strange though that those across the bridge could match his wage demands and we couldn't. As I understood it they still have the begging bowl out.

For the record I think a season in the first division (not with them if i had the choice!) will be the making of Vigurs and Woody. And, sadly, will come back to haunt us unless TB has identified a higher standard of player that fits into a first division pay structure. I have my doubts but live in hope ....

Sorted,

I wish them both all the best for their future in the game, whether they "come back to haunt us" I'm not so bothered, I've seen it so many times before. As you say we might in the future look to recruit their services again, but when they have had the experience and the playing time that they wouldn't have got at ICT.

As for the icon at the end of my last post, that was a mistake I thought it just waved so I put it on and it was only when I checked back that I saw the finger, so my apologies, should really preview before I send!

What's the point in going back to the SPL when our best prospects for the future are gone? Tokely, Munro etc can't go on forever and from all the sour moments last season, watching Vigurs & Wood coming in from our youth team at least gave us some hope for the future

We're going to have a shell of a team next season... and what happens if we don't go up?? (Speak to Pearce Flynn)

Mike, you have made some valid points but are you saying you didn't rate Vigurs when he played for the first team?

Currently I am still waiting for some inspiring news. Does nobody of talent and quality want to sign for ICT or are the officials just keeping quiet about their efforts and plans or successes?

What was the structure of Plan B, said by Management to have been set-up to cover the possibility of the team's relegation.?

Sure, it's early days , but other teams (e.g. County) have not wasted any time getting a couple of useful,and promising bodies in--possibly because their wages willbe lower than average due to their youth but also in order to capitalise on that youth in the near future as they mature.

Fourth---Terry is seemingly very quiet on the whole thing. I sincerely hope that he had plans C and D on the order book prior to season's end and is working feverishly right now (it's only less than two months to kick off friends) to sign the players (?) he had in mind.

Since the fans are on edge I hope that a statement will be made by a senior official of the club soon or we may have exactly wha a poster onn here has already suggested---a shell of a team.

And what a disaster that would turn out to be---oh my, as Fooitballer's wife would say. :rolleyes:

Mike, you have made some valid points but are you saying you didn't rate Vigurs when he played for the first team?

Harry,

I thought he was very unfortunate that he didn't get a chance when Butcher came in, I'm sure they would have got an account of all the boys but there must have been a reason for him not to get a look in. I thought he had a lovely left peg and given a consistent run of games I'm sure he would have got up to speed with the SPL but like so many that was a luxury we could or would not afford them.

To be honest it was the drivel coming from CaleyP that annoyed me more than anything else and because of that it made me sound like I was against Vigurs but I would like us to give youth a chance and if like most clubs we become a feeder for bigger sides then we should be able to recoup a decent profit from their sale, it's how a lot of teams survive.

As you said if plan B is to get straight back up then surely there is a plan C to keep us there. We need at least some stability and a plan in place for the next 3 - 5 years but with the management team only here for another season it looks like a quick fix and if it doesn't work out they walk away and we're left to pick up the pieces. I hope it doesn't turn out that way but by the end of next season we could have the majority of players out of contract and not have a management team and who ever comes in has to start from the very bottom.

Harry,

I thought he was very unfortunate that he didn't get a chance when Butcher came in, I'm sure they would have got an account of all the boys but there must have been a reason for him not to get a look in. I thought he had a lovely left peg and given a consistent run of games I'm sure he would have got up to speed with the SPL but like so many that was a luxury we could or would not afford them.

To be honest it was the drivel coming from CaleyP that annoyed me more than anything else and because of that it made me sound like I was against Vigurs but I would like us to give youth a chance and if like most clubs we become a feeder for bigger sides then we should be able to recoup a decent profit from their sale, it's how a lot of teams survive.

As you said if plan B is to get straight back up then surely there is a plan C to keep us there. We need at least some stability and a plan in place for the next 3 - 5 years but with the management team only here for another season it looks like a quick fix and if it doesn't work out they walk away and we're left to pick up the pieces. I hope it doesn't turn out that way but by the end of next season we could have the majority of players out of contract and not have a management team and who ever comes in has to start from the very bottom.

what drivel would that be mike???????????????????????????????????????????

I think we have to keep the faith and wait and see what happens.

For the calibre of player that we want to bring to the club,Scottish 1st division football may not be the players first choice but I have faith in TB and I believe that his name carries a lot of weight, I am keen to hear of new signings but don't mind waiting for the right players.

It's not looking good at all... the latest I'm hearing now is that Richie Foran is having talks with Falkirk...

The side that lines up for the first game of the new season will bear little resemblence to the side that lined up against Falkirk...

To get ICT back on track it's beginning to look as if a complete rebuild will be required.

I'm far from convinced that TB and his legacy will provide a sufficient incentive to attract a host of quality players to Inverness.

There a quite a few well established sides in that SFL....coming straight back up again is a long way from being a foregone conclusion.

I'm worried....

what drivel would that be mike???????????????????????????????????????????

CaleyP,

I think it started in your first post about "the only quality player we have" and generally followed on to your rants about everyone else not being up to his calibre, ripping up the 3rd Div, management being wrong, offered a pittance of a wage, slating Dougie "1st Div" Imrie and generally being aggressive with anyone who questioned that it could have been the right decision. You then proceed to tell us all that most SPL teams, and a Europa team would be/are after him, but then to get a good season under his belt he signs for County, that's when the whole credability went, you were back peddling to cover youself. So basically, for me most of what you said was drivel! :rolleyes:

It's not looking good at all... the latest I'm hearing now is that Richie Foran is having talks with Falkirk...

St Johnstone are apparently the other club he is in talks with :004:

Foran allegedly hates Falkirk but maybe he is looking to work his charms on the lassies down that way now :004:

The one thing that the Falkirks and St Johnstons have over us is a better budget for next season so they can offer better terms than we can. Foran, Kerr etc are not under contract to anyone so are free to talk.

Speaking for Brian only, he has really enjoyed his spell with us and would be convinced to stay if he was to be offered longer than a one year deal but, at his age, he has to consider his family and future. He doesn't have too many years left of playing time so has to look forward.

We cant offer what he wants without going into the red, or is someone was to invest a large sum, and I dont think the shareholders of the club want to go down that route in the present climate. We have proved over five years that we cant build a sustainable fanbase so cutting back on staff and utilising other means of building a squad, i.e loan deals, lower wages etc, is the only way forward.

Going back to Vigurs.....I dont know why he was allowed to go but I ask one question. Three years, three managers and only 21 starts. Why? Is there an underlying reason that the fans dont see?

This is exactly what I'm worried about, I don't think there is any plan B or C. This seems like a typical knee-jerk reaction to tempt the likes of Morais, Kerr & Foran to stay without any thought to what we will do if they don't accept the contracts. I don't think Butcher realises how difficult it was to attract players to Inverness when we were an SPL club nevermind now we're in the 1st division.

It is thousands of pounds cheaper to renew a youth players contract than sign a new one. I don't see the logic in getting rid of 2 of our most promising youngsters to try and convince 3 players (who obviously don't want to be here) to stay... I can't believe our boards niavety not realising the loss of potential profits.... even if the "SPL players" are tempted to stay their contracts will be too expensive and filled with clauses - after a season they'll be off for nothing or next to nothing!

TBH (and I hope I speak for most fans) I am more concerned about the well being of my club than trying to rush back to the SPL!!

I've always taken pride in my club being well run while we, patiently, progressed through the divisions and then built our SPL status. Yes, we made a mistake with Brewster but that doesn't mean we should change the club ethos, which has served us well for the last 14 years. We only need to look at Livi for an example of a club overspending and not being successful... they are a shell of a club and if we're not careful we'll end up the same way.