Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with IHE we do need a full time manager. I think Butchers timing here is terrible. He comes back from his holidays and then fecks off again on a jolly to do his badges.

He should be here!! trying to convince those who we have offered contracts too stay.

He should be busy trying to identify other players we can bring in, and persuading them to come to us.

He should be having a input into the job re-evaluation process Scotty seems to think i going down.

However perhaps TB is "Disillusioned" and thats why he has distanced himself from the board at this point in time.

Edited by kiltarlity

Is it possible, Renegade, that he was taking advantage of some free advertising to alert the market that we have a good player for sale. I realise that this is the job for the agent and no doubt he will have done his ground work but if this free publicity gets another club interested and we therefore end up with ?1000 or two more for the club, maybe it was worth a shout.

Possibly

It pretty much brings is out of contract and has already said he will not be staying (or words very close to that). The only offers for Morais will be to the player himself as he is out-of-contract, a free agent, unemployed, got feck all to do with ICT .... get the idea ?

Still wouldn't have worded it that way.

It pretty much brings conotations that he'll be away no matter what so other clubs can put in a smaller offer.

Morais is out of contract and has already said he will not be staying (or words very close to that). The only offers for Morais will be to the player himself as he is out-of-contract, a free agent, unemployed, got feck all to do with ICT .... get the idea ?

Obviously there is about a 99.99% chance that he will go, but I reckon it's also quite likely Brian Kerr will go and I wouldn't be surprised to Foran away too, I just find it a little strange to come out and name someone explictly, no matter how obvious it may be.
Is it possible, Renegade, that he was taking advantage of some free advertising to alert the market that we have a good player for sale. I realise that this is the job for the agent and no doubt he will have done his ground work but if this free publicity gets another club interested and we therefore end up with ?1000 or two more for the club, maybe it was worth a shout.

As the player himself (Morais) has said he will be away, where is the problem in Grassa repeating it ... it is called realism and far superior than trying to spin things in the faint hope he will stay. As for "player for sale" or "?1000 or two more" ... not sure where so many are getting the idea from that we will make anything .... to re-iterate .... the player is out-of-contract, a free agent, unemployed, worth nothing in terms of a transfer fee ..... get the idea ?

Had a bad day and posted a load of crap!!

I will accept my 100 lines...Think before you post - Think before you post...

Sorry!!

Looks like we have our annual contract confusion/saga storyline beginning.

Just read the P&J online about Proctor's contract offer and if it is accurate it seems to contradict the info what we thought we knew.

LINK

A quick summary is that Proctor says he was only offered a new contract yesterday (June 10th). He is now going on holiday but has received 2 other offers one from an SPL club & another from a rival team in the 1st division

Confused?? You will be :024:

Lets see Bannerman, Sorted and Absent Friend defend Grassa and indeed the rest of the board over this one... :rolleyes:

Speaking for myself, I don't need to defend anyone except me! The fact that I see areas of grey within the management of ICT when others on here see black and white does not make me pro or anti Board. The fact that I may be slow to comment on points that are not clear to me and express my disappointment that others do and they often do in a personal way, does not make me pro or anti Board - it just allows an insight into my feelings.

However, I thought the remark in today's P & J that 'we are in a position to offer something concrete whereas other clubs are asking the players to wait a week or so to see what they can offer' was enlightening and perhaps shows we are in a better financial situation than many other clubs, at this time. This financial situation may persuade some players to resign with us and indeed make others consider us for financial peace of mind instead of just income.

On the subject of income, I would like to see a 'win bonus' loaded income so that success provides income throughout the club and not just the players and this formula would also percolate right up to the Board Room.

Looks like we have our annual contract confusion/saga storyline beginning.

Just read the P&J online about Proctor's contract offer and if it is accurate it seems to contradict the info what we thought we knew.

LINK

A quick summary is that Proctor says he was only offered a new contract yesterday (June 10th). He is now going on holiday but has received 2 other offers one from an SPL club & another from a rival team in the 1st division

Confused?? You will be :party01:

Lets see Bannerman, Sorted and Absent Friend defend Grassa and indeed the rest of the board over this one... :004:

Jay

Any chance you could show me the post or thread where i have ever defended the DOF on his ability to conduct contract negotiations?

Thanks

Sorted

Eric Odihiambo has signed a new 1 year contract. Source= Inverness courier.

Have you seen tomorrows courier?

Tuesdays mere states this:

But after further talks yesterday between the player's agent and Caley Thistle's director of football Graeme Bennett, Odhiambo could be set to agree a deal that would see him remain in the Highland Capital for another year.

"I had another round of discussions with Eric Odhiambo's agent and I'm now very hopeful that he might stay with us," said Bennett. "He was a little bit unfortunate last season in that he was just starting to feature regularly in the first-team when he began to pick up a few niggling injuries, which interrupted his progress.

"However, we are very keen to get him on board and I'm quite optimistic that he will be back at the club for next season."

From todays Highland News .........

Eric Odhiambo is another that we're quite hopeful about. He really could have made a big impact in the SPL last season, but was unlucky with injuries. Eric's a player who has the ability to trouble defences, he's quick and is firmly becoming a fans' favourite