Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

Why are we not at least offering Mihadjuks a contract :024: Proctor and djebi-zadi are getting offers but not pavels. Bizzare

Mihadjuks is still contracted to his club in Latvia so we would have to pay a fee for him to come back. Don't know how much it would have cost to bring him back. He did mention in the programme on Sat he wanted to stay but never said if it was even if we got relegated or not.

Bit gutted but a bit more concerned at the depths of the cuts we are making. From what Bennett is saying it is going to be quite a lot.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1231464

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we couldnt afford him but we could have at least offered him one to try and tempt him to stay. Vigors is a strange one as well he would have been a good player in the first division especially as we are losing black. Showed good potential at start of the season and he is still young

Surely the reason Mihadjuks isn't being considered is due our smaller wage budget for the new season or maybe he's good a world class replacement..........

I would think that Morais, Kerr and Foran wouldnt like there wages cut

Looks like we are stuck with Mcguire as well... 1st Div... Mcguire, proctor, Barrowman, Imrie.... :024:

Imrie will do fine in the 1st division he did good with Clyde as for Barrowman i think we'll just need to wait and see if this is his league

Not impressed by Vigurs being released either. As I have said in another thread why do we even bother bringing up youth development players, keep them in the squad for a season or so without really giving them a chance and then getting rid of them.

Looks like we are stuck with Mcguire as well... 1st Div... Mcguire, proctor, Barrowman, Imrie.... :024:

Imrie will do fine in the 1st division he did good with Clyde as for Barrowman i think we'll just need to wait and see if this is his league

I know a few or maybe more likely a lot of people will disagree with me here but I think Barrowman could be a key factor for us next season.

It all depends on if we keep him of course.

Yeah.. a few strange decisions going on, wonder what the crack is going to be with Esson, being dropped in favour of an outgoing /dodgy Fraser, will he be number one?

Hastings will be another bench warmer next season, as will Mcguire( i hope)

It's a huge if, but IF we did manage to re-sign the players who've been offered contracts then we'd have a pretty decent team next season. Obviously it all rests on other offers those players get.

Other than Vigurs, and Pavels (who was never going to stay anyway), then I'm not too disappointed by anyone who's been released.

Looks like we are stuck with Mcguire as well... 1st Div... Mcguire, proctor, Barrowman, Imrie.... :(

I know a few or maybe more likely a lot of people will disagree with me here but I think Barrowman could be a key factor for us next season.

I think alot of people will agree with you on that. He was sh*t hot in the 2nd division we took him to the SPL he was gash and now were in the 1st division he might just find his level and if we go back up he might find the net this time

I see we've got 11 players signed including Esson, so we can field a team next season :( Nice to see we might keep Morais.

Really gutted about Vigurs. I'm assuming Butcher won't manage to keep everybody on that list so if one of them went (e.g. Kerr or Foran to Dundee) we could still have afforded Vigurs.

Another surprising decision by big Tel. Surely Vigurs is exactly the type of player to keep, young, great potential, and relatively inexpensive. Is the glitter beginning to fade from Tel's halo now I wonder. Speaking personally, I think that he made some surprising team selections (positional) after the split, which directly contributed to our dismal performances (in the last two games at least), and therefore to our relegation. This after being virtually safe 3 games ago. However it seems to most ICT fans that Tel is above criticism. They should speak to one of my friends who is a Brentford fan.

I'd heard it suggested a few times that Vigs hadn't been pulling his weight in training in recent months, which is why he was out of the first team picture.

However he had shown more than enough on the pitch prior to that to suggest he could do it in the SPL, so to not show faith in him for division one is mind boggling.

I think alot of people will agree with you on that. He was sh*t hot in the 2nd division we took him to the SPL he was gash and now were in the 1st division he might just find his level and if we go back up he might find the net this time

I think you are right I just have the feeling that next season in division 1 might give some players the kick up the back side they need. It's going to be Barrowmans final chance (realistically) to show what he can do.

I have a feeling that not all these decisions are coming from Terry himself but from Graeme Bennett and maybe the board too. I'm probably completely off the mark but it has crossed my mind.

I am interested to know what this Plan B is in full that Bennett is talking about in the newspaper.

Edited by Morgan Spice

Roy McBain has been a great servant to this club, and rarely gets the credit he deserves; that said, his days at this level are coming to an end and there's no room for sentiment. Vigurs has shown more than enough quality to suggest he should be kept on; in fact I expected him to be lining up alongside Duncan in centre mid next year.

My opinion earlier in the season was that Wood was superior already to both Rooney and Barrowman; I'm also astounded that he's been dumped.

And if Mihadjuks has been chucked for footballing reasons (rather than us being unable to afford him) then TB is completely mad!

On the other hand, I have no disagreement with the departures of McNulty (too small and too dodgy), Byrne (too injury-prone), Gatheussi (injury-prone and not good enough for Hibs) and Sutherland (simply didn't live up to early promise).

That said, if TB manages to convince Foran, Kerr and Morais to stay I will forgive him everything, as they would automatically be the best three players in the division and I would bet my mortgage on us winning the league.

Dissapointed for Vigurs and Zander but oh well.

I'm guessing Mihadjuks was unaffordable. He will be the briefest legend we have had. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Lets just hope that those offered a deal stay.

This is a slight start at least but i'm not so hopeful for the likes of Foran and Kerr.