Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im dissapointed with this announcement. Especiall when you read the other announcement on the Fly-Be sponsorshp when Fraser mentions that 'TB & MO will be given the opportunity to re-sign the players they want to keep and to strengthen the squad for a promotion challenge'

it doesnt make sense let players go just to strengthen the team again

Edited by BornCaley

I have spoken to non-ictfc fans and they have watched Vigurs play and rated him well, this is a bad decision.

Someone posted an article saying serves him right, this is his life, his career, so what if he takes his time making decisions!! Are you seriously telling me that in your line of work you wouldn't want to make the best choice?

Too many post to read at the moment so if I repeat what someone else has said then sorry.

First: Plan B is the plan that was put in place if we were to be relegated. I dont think any of us really need to know what it is so long as it allows us to compete within the available budget.

Second: Before folk go of all hot headed about players not being offered contracts think on this...those players may have something else in the pipeline and may have already indicated that they dont want new offers.

Of those who have accepted new deals I'm pleased with all but have reservations about McGuire. I also believe those Butcher is wanting to keep will do a job for us. That would be nineteen in all so leaves room for three or four new faces to come in whilst maintaining the nucleus of the squad. Very pleased by Esson staying.

The website says he's staying, but it really means thsoe who are under contract - I'd be surprised if Esson stays, let's hope he does the backside kissing he needs to get in Terry's good books.

I'd heard it suggested a few times that Vigs hadn't been pulling his weight in training in recent months, which is why he was out of the first team picture.

However he had shown more than enough on the pitch prior to that to suggest he could do it in the SPL, so to not show faith in him for division one is mind boggling.

maybe vigurs asked for silly money,and as our budgets not that big the club refused to pay it,after all it did say 6-9 months ago they were miles apart on money,whos to say vigurs got a sniff of 1st team and demand big bucks,thinking hes better than he is,no-one really knows

im dissapointed with this announcement. Especiall when you read the other announcement on the Fly-Be sponsorshp when Fraser mentions that 'TB & MO will be given the opportunity to re-sign the players they want to keep and to strengthen the squad for a promotion challenge'

it doesnt make sense let players go just to strengthen the team again

It makes perfect sense when the players at the club are not good enough, perhaps if we had dispatched with sentiment at the end of the previous season we would not be in this position. Time to move on with fresh blood and back up into the SPL.

The Club is really taking fast action here , Makes you wonder why they were so slow in getting rid of Brewster

We dont know whats behind what here. It could be some players have indicated they dont want to stay. It may be there are one or two in U-19's that could get a promotion. Though I think experience is whats required for a season, not youth. And the U-21 rule only applies in SPL. It may be that Butcher has some others lined up. Either way we must reduce the size of the squad so people will have to be let go. I can see us going down to a squad of 22.

Wow, I had my doubts about Butcher before, but looking at who he has and hasn't offered contracts to I think we could be up sh*t creak. For all his personality flaws and tactical ineptitude at least Brewster had a decent record in the transfer market, and showed willingness to give youth a chance.

Pavels Mihadjuks is the best defender we've had at the club since Darren Dods, to not even offer him a new contract absolutly beggars belief.

Vigurs, Wood and Sutherland all performed well when given the opportunity and could have come of age in the first division IMHO. I was looking forward to the prospect of our younger players coming into the fold in the SFL, and perhaps some entertaining football for a change. What a shame.

With regards to Wood I have heard he was extremely angry not to be involved under Butcher and had rarely been turning up to training as a result. If this is the case then he deserves to be released.

For Sutherland I do not think he is good enough so did not merit a new deal but I felt Vigurs did.

Too many post to read at the moment so if I repeat what someone else has said then sorry.

First: Plan B is the plan that was put in place if we were to be relegated. I dont think any of us really need to know what it is so long as it allows us to compete within the available budget.

Second: Before folk go of all hot headed about players not being offered contracts think on this...those players may have something else in the pipeline and may have already indicated that they dont want new offers.

Of those who have accepted new deals I'm pleased with all but have reservations about McGuire. I also believe those Butcher is wanting to keep will do a job for us. That would be nineteen in all so leaves room for three or four new faces to come in whilst maintaining the nucleus of the squad. Very pleased by Esson staying.

Two many posts to read on this? Doesn't that tell you something?

Is Esson staying?

Why has he been on the bench for the past 4 or 5 games?

disappointed about vigurs , pavels and wood but the biggest thing for me is butcher is staying to put us straight back up and i'm confident he'll build a decent squad for promotion as long as the board do the right thing and back him to the hilt.

Butcher isn't stupid so there will be a valid reason behind his decision not to keep Vigurs, maybe he just wasn't THAT good or maybe the money we would be paying him could be used to keep a better player or maybe he just wasn't interested after spending 3 months on his arse. Thinking back now i never really saw the player people said he was, really glad to see a bit of ambition from the club by trying to keep a hold of Kerr and Foran.

Has TB and MM even seen Vigurs and Wood play i wonder??? They havnt had a game under him so i wonder how they would judge them :tonguecheek:

They played in the Rangers reserves game, and TB and MM were Both there.

Hope they find work soon.

On the up side if these players aren't being offered new contracts, then higher quality players will be taking their place.