Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

I think most of you are way off the mark!!

Someone just unearthed a newsbot that Vigurs was offered a contract and didnt sign it. This shows to me he was keeping his options open. It was the game before Brewster got sacked - i bet he had no interest in Caley staying up or going down, and made his decision he was going.

The guys that arent getting new contracts are probably guys that havent shown determination for ICT to stay up, id punt them aswell. The club after all does need a clear out.

As for Pavels, he is an international player now, probably wants a big wage, and also we would have to pay a fine for.

Get your heads screwed on chaps - theres nothing to suggest Terry is punting the guys and making bad decisions, there are people who think they are too good for a first division club, and want to move on. We will see where that gets them.

Barrowman, Imrie, Lionel...f**k basically most of our first team just now would shine in the first division, at least handle themseleves. Get your Foran, Kerr, Morais in there we have strong players there.

We are in the 1st division now guys, money isnt there, and we need to make cut backs. I am not surprised at any of those names not contracted. I have full confidence in the management and directors to make the right choices. They want SPL football as much as the fans do, and i am very pleased they are keeping us updated the way they are.

Onwards and upwards.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really want to get caught in the "who should stay and who should go" argument, the only thing I want to add is that I think one of our biggest weaknesses as a club in the past has been showing too much loyalty towards certain favourites and whether I agree with which names appear on which lists at the start of this thread, I actually take some confidence that we have a Manager who's not looking too, or willing too tick along next year with someone else's squad and is keeping the ones HE wants there and will bring others of his choosing.....no manager has ever been allowed to do that here in the past, and it's perhaps a small sign of a change in mindset.

I thought Vigurs would be offered a deal but he's not featured at all for months. Perhaps Brewster doesn't think that the First Division is suited to players like him. We could go for a 'dogs of war' approach.

Someone just unearthed a newsbot that Vigurs was offered a contract and didnt sign it. This shows to me he was keeping his options open. It was the game before Brewster got sacked - i bet he had no interest in Caley staying up or going down, and made his decision he was going.

The guys that arent getting new contracts are probably guys that havent shown determination for ICT to stay up, id punt them aswell. The club after all does need a clear out.

As for Pavels, he is an international player now, probably wants a big wage, and also we would have to pay a fine for.

Get your heads screwed on chaps - theres nothing to suggest Terry is punting the guys and making bad decisions, there are people who think they are too good for a first division club, and want to move on. We will see where that gets them.

Barrowman, Imrie, Lionel...f**k basically most of our first team just now would shine in the first division, at least handle themseleves. Get your Foran, Kerr, Morais in there we have strong players there.

We are in the 1st division now guys, money isnt there, and we need to make cut backs. I am not surprised at any of those names not contracted. I have full confidence in the management and directors to make the right choices. They want SPL football as much as the fans do, and i am very pleased they are keeping us updated the way they are.

Onwards and upwards.

he didnt sign it as he wouldn't be able to afford accomodation with what he was offered, he would have literally made more working at tesco's, so get you facts correct before making assumptions. they offered him less than 350 a week.

I suspect all Vigurs was hoping for was a chance to show Butcher what he was capable of...

You know... just like Djebi-Zadi..

I suspect all Vigurs was hoping for was a chance to show Butcher what he was capable of...

Or perhaps hoping to squeeze more money out of the Club...a la Barrowman! Butcher is no Brewster, he won't be mucked about!

All the other teams have had 3 weeks of, our season effectively starts on 25th July. We need quick decisive strong actions from our management!

It might seems harsh, but I agree with Don, seems a very positive sign that TB intends to stay, and needs players that can battle, play "streetwise" football, and get us some good results - fast!

We have to show SFL1 respect - and our guys have to adapt and learn how to play in it! Otherwise, before we know it. Dundee etc will go flying off and we'll be left sitting there with another uphill battle!

Mrs PB

I thought Vigurs would be offered a deal but he's not featured at all for months. Perhaps Brewster doesn't think that the First Division is suited to players like him. We could go for a 'dogs of war' approach.

Did you mean Butcher

Or perhaps hoping to squeeze more money out of the Club...a la Barrowman! Butcher is no Brewster, he won't be mucked about!

All the other teams have had 3 weeks of, our season effectively starts on 25th July. We need quick decisive strong actions from our management!

It might seems harsh, but I agree with Don, seems a very positive sign that TB intends to stay, and needs players that can battle, play "streetwise" football, and get us some good results - fast!

We have to show SFL1 respect - and our guys have to adapt and learn how to play in it! Otherwise, before we know it. Dundee etc will go flying off and we'll be left sitting there with another uphill battle!

Mrs PB

or perhaps to make enough money to pay rent and buy food. stop talking about things you don't know anything about. the poor lad was the one getting mucked about, he was offered pennies, all he wanted was enough to get by on, don't you bad mouth someone you don't know.

There is plenty 21 year olds in the world who live on less than ?350 a week so don't tell me he couldn't do that. Actually I wouldn't imagine there is many who earn more than that. I've heard he didn't want to stay anyway so what does it matter if he wasn't offered a contract.

Edited by vinnie87

Mrs PB

or perhaps to make enough money to pay rent and buy food. stop talking about things you don't know anything about. the poor lad was the one getting mucked about, he was offered pennies, all he wanted was enough to get by on, don't you bad mouth someone you don't know.

CaleyP, I can understand some of what your saying but ?350 a week for a 21 year old is a lot of money. There are people out there who bring up families on that sort of wage. There are people working a 40 hour week for ?6 an hour. And those are people with a damn sight more experience than Mr Vigurs. That is the real world we live in.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Keep it in context though. For a footballer, with as much potential as Vigurs, ?350 is not enough. He obviously felt the club could offer more and, before we got relegated, I would have to agree.

For a 19 year old builder then, it is enough, but he's a footballer.

Why isn't it enough? What are his counterparts at Ross County, Dundee etc getting?

We have been relegated, we probably don't have more to offer.

So instead of mucking people about...lets learn from the Barrowman fiasco from last season, make an offer, stick to it, and then move on.

If he's worth the money, he'll find it somewhere else!

Good luck to him!

Mrs PB

CaleyP, I can understand some of what your saying but ?350 a week for a 21 year old is a lot of money. There are people out there who bring up families on that sort of wage. There are people working a 40 hour week for ?6 an hour. And those are people with a damn sight more experience than Mr Vigurs. That is the real world we live in.

it doesn't really matter what his age was, he still has bills and food and living expenses to pay, the same as everyone else. he has a talent and is a professional footballer and he should be rewarded fairly for that talent, if these people earning ?6 an hour had the same talent they also would be looking for fair reward. you also have to remember that football is a very short career, you are signing a contract that could last three years here so you need to get the best deal you can so the boy can afford a house and a family if he pleases, or does he not deserve this?

just remember iain has worked very hard to get where he is now and noone can take that away from him, don't knock the kid because of age. we could go on about what people have and don't have all day but the lad is in a industry where he needs to get the best deals he can as it is a short lived career. you would do the same.

Nobody is knocking the lad, they're just saying that if he thinks he can get more than he was offered here then good luck to him wherever he ends up.

We can't pay what we don't have, and there's not a player out there who we should be putting ourselves in debt (or more debt than necessary) in order to have them at the club.

There's also plenty, just like Imrie, who have worked on Building Sites and know what hard graft really is!

you do realise imrie is on over a 1000 a week, iain was asking for half of that? so because imrie wasn't good enough to be a player at 19 and had to work on a building site that makes him different how?????? stop talking noise.

Nobody is knocking the lad, they're just saying that if he thinks he can get more than he was offered here then good luck to him wherever he ends up.

We can't pay what we don't have, and there's not a player out there who we should be putting ourselves in debt (or more debt than necessary) in order to have them at the club.

well then we will never keep SPL status, we cant play with the big boys if we are'nt going to pay wages...full stop.

Think about this, if Vigurs was offered ?350 that would have effectively doubled his wage, that means up to being released today he was on around ?175 a week. Its not surprising he rejected the offer. He was probably one of the lowest paid players to have played in the SPL last season.

By the way I believe there are ICT players on less than ?175pw.

When you think what players like McGuire,Rooney and Barrowman are reportedly being paid its not a surprise to me if he has become hacked of with ICT, you can't blame him. I am sure Vigurs will take his chance and find better paid employment elsewhere, he has the talent and the skill and will be appreciated by other clubs, its our loss and I wish him well.

Each and every one of us strive to better ourselves. Thats life. Your first statement though was that he cant live on ?350 a week. Well millions in this country do.

Yes it is a short lived career and yes he wants to get what he can out of it. He is still learning though and in my opinion, though he has a talent, he hasn't shown that he's any more skilled than the majority of footballers around today. If he was he'd probably not still be at ICT. Only very exceptional ones earn the big money. The majority have to suppliment there football earnings with other jobs.

well then we will never keep SPL status, we cant play with the big boys if we are'nt going to pay wages...full stop.

So the last 5 years is just a figment of our imagination?

We might not be "mixing it with the big boys", but we've done OK and our relegation is (IMO) not directly attributable to the level of wages we've been paying.

I'd rather a season or two in the SFL and still have a club in a few years than the club bankrupt themselves in the next 12 months by paying wages they can't afford.....and that's where you can stick your full stop!!!

So the last 5 years is just a figment of our imagination?

We might not be "mixing it with the big boys", but we've done OK and our relegation is (IMO) not directly attributable to the level of wages we've been paying.

I'd rather a season or two in the SFL and still have a club in a few years than the club bankrupt themselves in the next 12 months by paying wages they can't afford.....and that's where you can stick your full stop!!!

cant afford an extra 50 pound a week, aye good one. if the club distributed the wages more efficiently then we would be able to afford better players. a season or two, haha you make me laugh, try a bit more than that. it's not rocket science, we went down because we didnt have the players to keep us up, we dropped players we cant replace, you will have to pay more than 400 a week to get a better player than vigurs. you didnt think about that did you. there's your full stop.