Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

?350 a week for a first team SPL player is laughable , I wouldn't get out of my bed for that sort of wages .

When did he ever establish himself as a first team SPL player. He played in a handful of games and it has obviously gone straight to his head and he thinks he is better than he is.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can see vigurs ending up at county which could really haunt us

Imagine.. Do you think an SPL team will nab him.? He's certainly good enough IMO and have heard a wee rumour that teams such as killie + hamilton were looking at him.

Story in the P&J about the contracts, etc

LINK

Says Pavels being released was financial rather than due to ability. Butcher doesn't sound very confident that we'll get the likes of Foran, Morais, etc

Still puzzled as to who is meant to be replacing Black??

Edited by kencar

?We are fully aware there will be SPL clubs who will be offering the likes of Richie Foran, Eric Odhiambo, Brian Kerr and Filipe Morais contracts".

Farewell to our hopes of bouncing back up.

The whole sad thing about football nowadays is MONEY !

Its Disgraceful the Money some players get ,

As much as i love the game there's people in the world who do far more important jobs & get a fraction of footballers earnings !

Too much greed & thats what spoils "The Beautiful game "

I think it's a shame to see Zander, Vigurs and Mihadjuks released, but I can't help but still feel positive that things are happening NOW and we're not *****-footing around with decisions like this in the middle of July.

I'm sure if Butcher/the board knew they could get rid of some of the less impressive big earners who are under contract here, and perhaps even getting a transfer fee for them, then some of the players going would be able to have been offered a decent amount to stay. I'd rather we lose players this season and stay financially stable than to offer new contracts on the premise that "we'll bounce straight back up" and upon failing to do so finding ourselves in the same situation next year but with a far worse bank balance.

I for one can't fathom why Vigurs aint getting a contract cause I was always impressed whenever I saw him play. He definately had the ability, but it could all be his fault amking a pig of himself, but then we'll never know. Mihadjuks is another I'd liked to have seen but if he can't for financial reasons then fair enough. One thing though, if there was the slim chance of Vigurs and/or Mihadjuks staying, then why are ICT cancelling the contracts of duds like McGuire?

whether or not Ian Vigurs can make it in football remains to be seen and maybe one day we'll all be saying wish he was still here. On the other hand maybe he'll wake up with egg on his face and a shovel in his hand. Nobody knows. What I do know though is there are a lot of people on here who base their thoughts and assumptions on a computer game and not on the real world.

The manager knows he has to trim his squad. He also knows who he wants, what he wants and how he wants to get there. He knows who performs day in day out. He knows who deserves to stay. Lets give him the benifit of the doubt, trust his judgement and get behind him instead of creating pages and pages of the same drivel.

whether or not Ian Vigurs can make it in football remains to be seen and maybe one day we'll all be saying wish he was still here. On the other hand maybe he'll wake up with egg on his face and a shovel in his hand. Nobody knows. What I do know though is there are a lot of people on here who base their thoughts and assumptions on a computer game and not on the real world.

The manager knows he has to trim his squad. He also knows who he wants, what he wants and how he wants to get there. He knows who performs day in day out. He knows who deserves to stay. Lets give him the benifit of the doubt, trust his judgement and get behind him instead of creating pages and pages of the same drivel.

alex i understand where your coming from but i know the boy and all about his ability, and so do a lot of managers in the SPL and further a field, he'll be ok. he played half a season under brew (14 starts, 7 sub app, 2 goals) and showed a lot of people what he can do, obviously that was enough to get people on his side. you can't knock that, noone can. he'll be a great player. it's just a shame it won't be for ICT...

Edited by CaleyP

?350 a week for a first team SPL player is laughable , I wouldn't get out of my bed for that sort of wages .

When did he ever establish himself as a first team SPL player. He played in a handful of games and it has obviously gone straight to his head and he thinks he is better than he is.

When did I say he was an established first team player ? In saying that 14 first team starts and 7 appearances from the bench before the arrival of Butcher must mean he was very close to being an established first team player .

not offering contracts to Mihadjuks and Vigurs are mistakes in my opinion. The board have indicated money is available to try and help us bounce back up at the first time of asking and perhaps some of this should be used to offer those two in particular a contract. I can reluctantly understand if Pavels' wage is too high for SFL1 but the figure quoted for Vigurs - if correct - is laughable.

Pavels should be in the centre of our defence and Tokely on the right regardless of whether Proctor signs a contract or not.... I am not sure I would even have offered Proctor one.

As for Vigurs, he has done enough in his limited appearances for people to make a judgement in the real world (and not on a computer game as suggested) and he is the natural internal replacement for Black

not offering contracts to Mihadjuks and Vigurs are mistakes in my opinion. The board have indicated money is available to try and help us bounce back up at the first time of asking and perhaps some of this should be used to offer those two in particular a contract. I can reluctantly understand if Pavels' wage is too high for SFL1 but the figure quoted for Vigurs - if correct - is laughable.

Pavels should be in the centre of our defence and Tokely on the right regardless of whether Proctor signs a contract or not.... I am not sure I would even have offered Proctor one.

As for Vigurs, he has done enough in his limited appearances for people to make a judgement in the real world (and not on a computer game as suggested) and he is the natural internal replacement for Black

Great post...

Had Mihadjuks been at CB and Tokely in his preferred slot as RB on Saturday, we would still be in the SPL..

Vigurs always looked to me like a natural successor to Black...

Unfortunately you have to choose your words carefully on here, or you run the risk of upsetting the Butcher Appreciation Society.

Edited by Johnboy

"Had Mihadjuks been at CB and Tokely in his preferred slot as RB on Saturday, we would still be in the SPL.."

What rubbish, how can you prove conclusively that we would still be in the spl.

I also agree that Pavels may have been a better option to have played centre half, but thats history now.

Players will come and go, we just have to knuckle down and come back stronger.

I think the squad has been divided by Butcher and Brewster. Who the **** is going to pass the ball in midfield now Brian Kerr?? HAHAHAHA. Brian Kerr is getting offered a contract despite doing **** all, we can't afford to keep our best defender,yes I'm sure Eastern European player's wages demands are ridicolous. I guess the reason for releasing Pavels is we have too many defenders at the club, Jamie Duff and constantly injured Phil MacGuire are still under contract. Vigurs will be snapped up by Brewster probably. I was looking forward to SFL because i thought it might mean we could start playing football again like Butcher's Motherwell.

Butcher Out, Brewster In!!!

"Had Mihadjuks been at CB and Tokely in his preferred slot as RB on Saturday, we would still be in the SPL.."

What rubbish, how can you prove conclusively that we would still be in the spl.

I also agree that Pavels may have been a better option to have played centre half, but thats history now.

Players will come and go, we just have to knuckle down and come back stronger.

I can't obviously prove conclusively we would still be in the SPL....

But is is extremely unlikely Rossco would have been in a central position to make that challenge on Lovell, and we might, at the very least have finished the game with 11 players.

It was a big mistake to play him and Mihadjuks where they were played... naive in the extreme...

Someone should be called to account for it...

Edited by Johnboy

I thought Vigurs looked a great prospect earlier in the season. Add to that the fact he has no geographical problem with Inverness, and would be a much cheaper wage than most of the alternatives.

However, Butcher, Malpas and Bennett are fully aware of all that and have still decided that he should leave. Which makes me think he must have displayed a seriously bad attitude to training.

Is Mihadjuks not still under contract at Ventpils? He wasn't our player for definite.

As far as I remember he was meant to be released from his contract and Ventspils changed their mind at the last minute to make it a loan deal. I would imagine it would be less the wage demands and more that a transfer fee would need to be paid hence why we cannot sign him.

It was mentioned in the match programme (I don't have one, maybe somebody else can check who does) that he definately had to go back to Ventspils after Saturdays game. It didn't say if it was to negotiate a release or what.

I think Kerr has played well for us since he has come into the team. He needs a bit more presence sometimes but he hasn't done any worse than anybody else I don't think.

I agree with jaimieb we have lost big players in the past and we have always survived.

I thought Vigurs looked a great prospect earlier in the season. Add to that the fact he has no geographical problem with Inverness, and would be a much cheaper wage than most of the alternatives.

However, Butcher, Malpas and Bennett are fully aware of all that and have still decided that he should leave. Which makes me think he must have displayed a seriously bad attitude to training.

I think he should have been given at least one chance in a match situation.