Highlights Of The Season

Yngwie

Let's try and lift the gloom.

Even if this season contained fewer highlights for us than ever before, there were still some happy moments that are worth recalling. Such as :

- The news that Brewster had been sacked

- Blackie's penalty to give us an unexpected win at Ibrox

- Imrie's free kick at Tynecastle. Sensational strike.

- the entertainment and debate that Lionel has provided

Interestingly all of the ones I can think of arose after Brewster's departure. Maybe I have erased everything before then from my mind.

It was shown in Sportscene's montage of the season last night, if you can get that on catch-up.

Another highlight - Rossco playing a blinder at St Mirren, before getting the ball in the middle of their box, doing a few keepy-uppies with it, lighting a cigar, and then blasting it into the net to secure a late win.

It was shown in Sportscene's montage of the season last night, if you can get that on catch-up.

Another highlight - Rossco playing a blinder at St Mirren, before getting the ball in the middle of their box, doing a few keepy-uppies with it, lighting a cigar, and then blasting it into the net to secure a late win.

:blink:

The opening day of the season is perhaps the only highlight for me really. McBains brilliant run and finish prompted the biggest grin I think my face has ever supported.

Can we go back to August 2008 please?

Edited by RiG

Ibrox!!

Ever since then, i wanted that away top and that Rangers programme signed by Ian and Terry. My wish came true on Saturday, and its all framed already on my wall. Will never forget that night!

Winning at Pittodrie, Easter Road and Ibrox. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that we were relegated in a season that saw us win at those grounds.

Tokely's winner in Paisley was probably the highlight of the season for me though. I thought we'd done it that day. I'm still trying to come to terms with..........

Winning at Pittodrie, Easter Road and Ibrox. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that we were relegated in a season that saw us win at those grounds.

Tokely's winner in Paisley was probably the highlight of the season for me though. I thought we'd done it that day. I'm still trying to come to terms with..........

Gutted I missed the St Midden game but have to agree on the point about being relegated. REALLY sunk in watching Sportscene last night. It hasn't helped listening to tims at work moaning abour not willing the league :P

i Know many will not agree but i think the Falkirk game was Brilliant. Yes we got relegated but take that away and it was brilliant. Singing all the way threw, some brilliant Crack. The swining Emotions of Exitment then Dissapointment. It was a game i will never Forget. And then Staying at the end to Sing. Before Eventually being Chucked out by the police. It was something that cannot be forgotten.

I admit i am a Celtic Fan first and Foremost. I was an Inverness fan before Saturdays game but relegation has brought me far closer to the club i ever was. All due to Relegation.

The narrow 3-2 defeat at Tynecastle just after Brewster had been sacked. Superb atmosphere among the away supporters, incredible fighting spirit from a team that had been unbelieveably poor for months beforehand, and Imrie's free kick. Just a pity about the result.

The 1-0 win at Ibrox. Not much of a game to watch, but worth it for the amazing finish and the crack in Brechin's before and after.

2-1 at the Methadome, for the day in all its surreal glory: trouser-abusing jakeys in McGinn's before the game, Rosscoe's keepy-ups and winner, the supporters singing all the way through Central on the way home, and watching the whole thing again on Alba in the beer garden of the Clutha while being sexually harassed by swingers wielding a fondue set.

Honourable mentions to the early-season wins at Aberdeen, Falkirk and Killie, but none of them seemed to have quite the same intensity: at that stage, going down was unthinkable.

Strange to say, but this season actually contained some of my favourite memories as an ICT supporter: far more than last season. Hopefully next season will be more memorable again. You meet a fair few characters down in the first...

The shoe protest which got brew the sack, at Hamilton.

:rolleyes:

If the away support was anywhere near the dugout then most of us would have had one shoe by the time we got to the buses. :025:

looking further back, the highlights of our spl tenure IMO:

1st ever game and barry scoring a beauty

Roscoe's last minute 'screamer' at home to dunfermline

Roscoe's overhead kick against dun utd

Brewsters last minute scissor's kick against hearts

cowie sliding the ball in against celtic

every one of dargo's goals

black scoring that penalty at ibrox

first win against aberdeen

munro's late equaliser against celtic, think it was the first game of the season few years back

hammering gretna 6-1

celtic cup game up until the last two minutes

bayne scoring the winner aginst hearts away with their left-back in goals

marius getting his first two goals at home to the hibees

good times...

Rankins's 2 quick free kicks vs Falkirk and his 25 yard strike against Rangers are times to remember as well i reckon.

Oue first SPL win against Dunfermline at Pittodrie was awesome. Juanjo's head-over-heals :lol:

Marius invading the crowd :D