Butcher Is Off

Just heard that Butcher is losing his patience as the muppets will not give him any reassurances about his future or the availability of funds fer next season - Is this yet another case of blindness and self centred survival from the overpaid erseholes who purport to running this club ?

source???? and dont say another clubs fans website, give a name on who you got this from, i dont mean Mary the cleaner from the pub who knows the woman who cuts the binmans hair who empties the bin of the bus driver who drove a bus down to London and saw a sign that said the Butcher is off today due to illness but will be open tomorrow :D

Edited by cairngorm

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't dismiss IHE too quickly on this one. It doesn't take Einstein to work out that a first division club would struggle to pay such a high profile management team and equally, it makes sense that TB/MM have bigger ambitions. When they came in I always thought it possible if they do a good job and keep us up they knew they would get attractive offers. If they weren't that attractive they could stay in the SPL at least. Go down they look for a way out and blame the board for lack of ambition. Also think IHE is correct on the contract issue too. Could all be rumour but very very possible.

:D . Hagi coming in IHE?

No....

It would be more like Steve Paterson and Duncan Shearer...

That'll do....... Or how about Charlie and Barry.

Butcher was always a last gasp attempt to stay up. It didn't happen and i wouldn't be surprised if he walked and was replaced by a couple of ICT greats. We're in a new world now.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least. Butcher is no yes man and our board are amature and lack ambition, he's bound to be frustrated at the lack of vision and their tight fisted-ness.

Our drop to the first will see us according to reports having to make budget cuts of 2 million. In hindsight I'm sure they realise, it would have been much better to have over spent a bit and stayed up than be in the situation they are in now. Most buisness's take on some debt to invest in their future, if debt buys assets "player contracts springs to mind" their is no real problem, what we have done is lost valuable players for nowt because we played too safe and not tied them up.

Butcher has set his target on returning us to the SPL next season, to do this he will need the board to pull out all the financial stops, take a risk or two and show some ambition, sadly I cannot see this happening.

Edited by kiltarlity

Lol! What lot of old sh*te.

Im sure the funds must be getting on Terry's tits but he's a better man than you give him credit for IHE. He'll stick around!

I don't think that the issue is just money. This is a time when everyone must pull together in the one direction and it will be a huge test for many.

Terry Butchers only real success was at Motherwell where he took them to third in the league, a league cup final and a chance at European competition. And guess what! he done it with little or no financial backing. So he is used to working without much funding.

Terry Butchers only real success was at Motherwell where he took them to third in the league, a league cup final and a chance at European competition. And guess what! he done it with little or no financial backing. So he is used to working without much funding.

Now you mention it, his record is pretty disastrous whenever he has had money to spend.

Guest Mahonio

If this is true then surely it will be in P and J and/or Courier tomorrow if it is true but i am not to sure if it is a wind up by this geezer or not so we'll have to wait and see.

If it is true then i want Steven Frail or Archie Knox as manager with Christie number 2.

If it is true then i want Steven Frail or Archie Knox as manager with Christie number 2.

Knox? Frail? No thanks. Robbo with baz or Dunc as assistant

We would have heard by now if it was true but we all know that IHE just had too much to drink and wanted to start a thread of and see how many people came on and left a comment. Still cant get over people saying who should get the job TB & MM our still with us and thats that

He was signed on an 18 month contract....

with a "get out" clause.

Spot on IHE. BOTH ICT and TB have a clause to terminate if relegated. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if our decision makers are making it difficult so that it is TB who makes the final call and they will again be the good guys.

IHE'er is fishing like a mad man, I was just on P+B and he's cast a cracking line thread on there too looking for bites....... Im not going to bite...

Edited by georgeios

As is often the case the Immortal One gets the sniff of something but doesn't necessarily have all the detail.

What has (apparently) happened is that Butcher was told he had 'X' Amount of money to go and re-sign the best of our U19's...so he then went to Clelland and told him to offer deals to certain lads. The lads then turned up at the club a couple of days later to sign the deals, only to be told by Grassa that the deals were not/no longer available.

Butcher has now been left looking like a bit of a **** and has gone away on Holiday a none too happy chappy.

Grassa is now doing a lot of mouthing in the press about this, that and the next thing...talking about how he and Butcher will be putting a squad together etc...and to be honest, I think much of what's being said will come as a further surprise to Butcher on his return.

It all smacks of Grassa scrambling around in desperation trying to justify his position within the club, and as is usual, it's turning into a PR nightmare and we could very well end up losing people who are far more valubale to ICT than he has become in the last few years.

with a "get out" clause.

Spot on IHE. BOTH ICT and TB have a clause to terminate if relegated. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if our decision makers are making it difficult so that it is TB who makes the final call and they will again be the good guys.

At the time off them signing i cant call hearing anything about them getting clauses in there contracts but then again it could have be kept behide closed doors

with a "get out" clause.

At the time off them signing i cant call hearing anything about them getting clauses in there contracts but then again it could have be kept behide closed doors

Correct - our masters really do believe they are so cute.

Guest Mahonio

According to the Sunday Post it says that the contenders for Motherwell job when McGhee goes to Aberdeen are: Billy Reid, Terry Butcher, Brian Reid and Gordon Chisholm.

I know this is only paper talk but i am worried he may be tempted by the job which would bring up this good question which i am hoping you may answer- would the money from compesation we would get from Well for Butch go to new manager for transfers and if not then where would the money go?