Peterhead v ICT

RiG

Guest Sandy Cromarty

In the SOS yeterday the game is advertised as ICT v Peterheed, which is it ?

And no mention of the Deveronvale game on Wed so is that still on?

Think it's just ICT and P'head that do the Buchan Cup but not sure TBH. Will get some clarification from Mr. Peterhead tonight.

Cracking night for it - not a cloud in the sky. Looking forward to seeing Bav missing the usual 300 one on ones!

3-5-2??

Nope 4 - 4 - 2 though we did go to 3 - 5 - 2 later on. We were poor. I don't think we knew how to score tonight. Rory missed countless efforts and Wyness still doesn't look sharp. Wilson looked good for us and Black played well I thought. Rankin - meh. Nothing special.

All of Peterheads goals were utterly brilliant and our defending for the 2nd and 3rd left a lot to be desired. Morgan tried to be too clever with the ball for the 2nd and lost out and Peterhead capitalised. Then for the 3rd we backed off Linn who scored another belter. We could have gone on for ages and not scored an equaliser. We missed numerous one on ones and open goals.

After the game we had the pleasure of having a few drinks in the bar and met some of the players and I got my programme signed by all the ICT lads  :003:

Spoke to Bavidge as well and he was good banter  :001:

Disappointing scoreline. Was Bavidge playing for us then as we missed a lot of one on ones?  We seem to have an inability to break down defences convincingly. Not our strongest team out, but still plenty of SPL experience that should have seen us through.  Ach well, it's still pre-season, lets hope things improve rapidly.  Maybe Peterhead are our bogey team. :010:

Looked a pretty strong team out to me... after seeing the Elgin game i'm not all that surprised as we were not that sharp then.

Lets hope it is pre-season game syndrome.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Rig, I think Fraserburgh are also involved in The Buchan Cup, and I did mention after the Clach game that Wyness and Rory looked poor. Good result for the Blue Toon though and what size of crowd was it.

From what I was told last night the Buchan Cup is simply Peterhead v another team they invite to contest it. The last two years it has been ICT.

The team that was out last night was pretty much full strength minus Dargo.

Here are a couple of shots from Rankin. Apologies for the blurriness.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The most worrying thing I took from the game last night is how woeful Rory and Denzil were, Rory did try but in my opinion he just doesn't have it yet but Denzil just wandered about the park and didn't look interested.  But some of the chances we missed were awful, two open goals for Rory! 

Defence wasn't sharp I thought Caff had a shocker.  But credit to Peterhead they scored 3 superb goals, Mark had nothing to do apart ftom pick the ball out of the net, no chance at any of them.

Oh well, bring on the mighty Deveronvale tonight!!  I just hope its cheap to get in, £10 last night was a scandal!!!

We seemed to have been talking about Rory like this last season, now we are saying the same things all over again.  

Will he make it? in my mind... no,  if he proves me wrong, fair enough but i cant see it.

Quite a few posters have been suggesting signing an experienced centre forward, this after seeing Denzil and Rory perform recently, this might be a good idea.

The most worrying thing I took from the game last night is how woeful Rory and Denzil were, Rory did try but in my opinion he just doesn't have it yet but Denzil just wandered about the park and didn't look interested.  But some of the chances we missed were awful, two open goals for Rory! 

Defence wasn't sharp I thought Caff had a shocker.  But credit to Peterhead they scored 3 superb goals, Mark had nothing to do apart ftom pick the ball out of the net, no chance at any of them.

Oh well, bring on the mighty Deveronvale tonight!!  I just hope its cheap to get in, £10 last night was a scandal!!!

Agree with that aside from the Caff comment. I thought he was allright. Where do you feel he went wrong? Not having a go but I can't mind him doing anything wrong. I think the 'stand out' mistake was Morgan being robbed for the second goal.

I thought he was out of position far too much, kept drifting in to the middle when we were playing 4 at the back.  He was caught out for their first as well.  Granted he wasn't playing in his favoured position but he was making noises about starting there if Rossco isn't fit and I just don't think he did himself any favours with that performance.  I still rate him as a defender and if Dods does go to United I would have no worries about Caff slotting in and doing a good job, he's just not good at right back.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Rory I'm sure will come good we all saw glimpses of the skills he has last season, as for Dennis, his lacklustre performance with Clach and now I read he was much the same last night, might be down to the fact that they are friendlies and he may attemting to avoid injuries pre-season, after all he has nothing to prove to us and friendlies are basically run outs for triallists and fringe players.