Parrat and Fox to go out on loan...

RossP

Nearly shat myself when i saw the headline "Caley duo look for exit"!. Taken from TeamTalk.com

Fox, who made 10 starts last season, had talks about a transfer to Livingston and was keen on the move but John Robertson's interest has cooled because of tight finances.

Parratt, a Scotland Under-19 international signed last summer from Birmingham, has not had a first-team start and manager Charlie Christie is keen to prune his squad.

He said: "Both Liam and Tom need games and their chances could be limited here so we're willing to farm them out.

"I don't like a top-heavy squad and with John Rankin's arrival from Ross County, I want to trim down our numbers a bit

I imagine Zander Sutherland and Stuart Soane have been added to the first team squad as you have to have 2 Under 21 players on match day. Can't see them figuring much.

Still think we need another striker as well

I can see where Charlie is coming from as technically we have signed (or may sign) 8 players. However only 2 could be classed as "first team ready"  - the others are mostly youngsters who hopefully can develop in the same way as we have seen with Black, Proctor and Morgan by playing in the SPL reserve league and as kencar has posted, probably so that we can use some of them to meet the U21 criteria on matchdays. Of all the 'unknowns', Campbell seems to hold the most promise for breaking into the first team but I guess we will see.

'removed from squad at end of 05/06 season'

Juanjo (end of contract)

Finnegan (released)

Brewster (transferred to DUFC)

Jackson (released)

Wyness (end of loan)

'added to 06/07 squad'

Rankin - signed from Ross County

Wyness - signed as free agent

Smith - signed from youth team

Soane - signed from youth team (technically added to 05/06 squad at end of season)

Sutherland - signed from youth team (technically added to 05/06 squad at end of season)

Kerr - signed from youth team (technically added to 05/06 squad at end of season)

Campbell ?

Glass ?

Guest caleycallum

Darren Campbel looked a briiliants player against Clach, I think it was glass who came on for him he wasn't to good.

IMO the squad isn't likely to stay as large as it currently is, it looks like Parratt and Fox will go out on loan and I expect there will be another couple of players that will be leaving the club in the very near future.  We have replaced McBain with Rankin and although McBain is more than capable of doing a job for us next season I can't imagine him getting much first team action now we have paid 65k for a player that almost covers an almost identical role in the team. 

If IHE gets his way Proctor and Black will be out the door even though I'm not convinced

.... but if we are looking to buy anymore players I think realistically we will have sell someone

Fox going out on loan is no surprise but Parratt may be needed for defensive cover unless the injury to Rosscoe is not as serious as reported. I never ever wanted either Black or Proctor to go. I just cleverly pre-empted the Brewster bid. The Arabs do appear to have gone quiet but I was assured that Brewster would be having one last go...and, these days, I am rarely wrong.