Your 1st Choice Eleven

kencar

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty, I suppose that the main problem in recruiting an experienced forward is the lack of availability coupled with the expense.
yes very true,but i hope cc  comments that if he signs campbell thats his squad isnt true as we wouldnt cope all seaosn with atts we have

We seemed to cope perfectly well with them for the 2nd half of last season - whats changed?
dargo was scoring,if he loses form or gets injured do u really think denzil,bayne or rory could  score at least 10-15 goals,i doubt it

Hamilton :004:

I'd like to change my 1st team to:

---------------------Brown----------------------

-----------Caff------Dods----Munro-----------

Proctor------------Duncan-------------Hastings

--------------Hart-----------Keogh--------------

-------------------------Wyness-----------------

--------------------Dargo-------------------------

Subs:

Fraser

Golly

Morgan

Wilson

Black

Rankin

McCallister

.... there's tooooo many options!!

We seemed to cope perfectly well with them for the 2nd half of last season - whats changed?

dargo was scoring,if he loses form or gets injured do u really think denzil,bayne or rory could  score at least 10-15 goals,i doubt it

IF's, BUT's and MAYBE's don't change the fact that we coped.  What if a flu bug hit the stadium and took out half the players?  Should we have a 2nd squad tucked up away somewhere so players never come in to contact with each other?

I don't disagree that we could do with another Attacker, I'm just saying that we managed the second part of last season with what we have and I am sure we will do so again.

The situation isn't ideal, but I don't think there's anything better out there that would be within our budget, so instead of knocking the players we do have for no good reason, lets get behind them and make sure they are supported if/when they are needed.

I still maintain that we need an experienced (veteran?) striker as cover .... BUT, I also agree that there isnt much out there so we shouldnt just sign someone for the sake of it ... 

At the end of the day, I am quite happy with how our squad looks on paper other than the need for a striker and have enough faith in both Grassa and Charlie that if the right player becomes available either permanently or as a loan option then they will hopefully take the plunge. If we have to, we may need to sacrifice a midfielder to get a striker.

Guest Caley Man

Brown

rossco    Dods  Munro  Hastings

Wilson  Black  Rankin    Morgan

Dargo    Denzil

.......got to have the best quality on the park.....

IF's, BUT's and MAYBE's don't change the fact that we coped.  What if a flu bug hit the stadium and took out half the players?  Should we have a 2nd squad tucked up away somewhere so players never come in to contact with each other?

I don't disagree that we could do with another Attacker, I'm just saying that we managed the second part of last season with what we have and I am sure we will do so again.

The situation isn't ideal, but I don't think there's anything better out there that would be within our budget, so instead of knocking the players we do have for no good reason, lets get behind them and make sure they are supported if/when they are needed.

I'm sure Sven Goran Ericsson made a very similar statement before the world cup!! :016:

duncan and rankin are VERY different players  , i just think that the teams that are being mentioned are very attack minded , who is going to do the dirty work ? please dont say black as we all know he is just to fiesty for the holding role

Duncan can be a good player but he is not consistent enough                                               

Its true all of the best things in life are free ............. like Dargo and Black

You mark my words, Russeldinho needs to be in there somewhere among all the wee fanny-merchants. I see Manny included him anyway, is that so you have somebody to shout at  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

I reckon that it could just be a 4-5-1 season

BROWN

PROCTOR DODS MUNRO HASTINGS

WILSON  ROSS( sheff. Utd) RANKIN MORGAN CAMPBELL

DARGO

black will be in ross place,i htink with parratt starting last few games proctor could be away to cut wage bill for campbell to come in and i can see rory playing a good few games this season

With our current squad 3-5-1 would seem to be the best formation for us.

We will however play 4-4-2

The more I think about it the more I suspect/fear Rankin will be made to play wide left with Duncan in Central midfield.

I reckon we may well line up against St Mirren like this (assuming Rossco is fit)

Brown

Tokely - Dods - Munro - Hastings

Wilson - Black - Duncan - Rankin

Dargo - Wyness

With our current squad 3-5-1 would seem to be the best formation for us.

We will however play 4-4-2

The more I think about it the more I suspect/fear Rankin will be made to play wide left with Duncan in Central midfield.

I reckon we may well line up against St Mirren like this (assuming Rossco is fit)

Brown

Tokely - Dods - Munro - Hastings

Wilson - Black - Duncan - Rankin

Dargo - Wyness

3-5-1??  You fancy playing with just 10 players next season :016:

I can also see Rankin being used as more of an option for the left than in the centre