Livingston FC

This is a prime example of the arrogance which is rife among Football Club owners....they wade in to buy a club, run it as a play thing or some kind of penis extension for showing off to all their mates and then when they get bored and things aren'y going their way they expect the fans to cough up the cash to save the club.

I can think of no other business where they would even think about going to the customers to get the funds to rescue the business from a self inflicted financial hole.

That's why it's vital that fans at all clubs get proper representation at the proper levels of the business. If the owners want us to be bailing clubs out of trouble then they need to have proper governance and those being asked to fund things should have relevant input intop the decision making processes.

Fans are their own worst enemies because they fail to see this issue until it's too late and often find themselves battling against people like Massoni who are driven more by the power of owning a club than they are by the passion behind supporting the club.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know what livvy's average attandance is?

Around about 1,500 last season. Not nearly enough to sustain full time football.

And here was me thinking it was 3 blokes and a dog. Their crowds were never that great, even when they were doing well. There was always something a bit plastic and unreal about the club, it's not suprising they've ended up in this mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what livvy's average attandance is?

Around about 1,500 last season. Not nearly enough to sustain full time football.

And here was me thinking it was 3 blokes and a dog. Their crowds were never that great, even when they were doing well. There was always something a bit plastic and unreal about the club, it's not suprising they've ended up in this mess.

Average attendance so far this season is zero: From BBC

Taking a big positive from the above article, we can even learn from a club going down the pan!

'Hope to have the kit out in time for the Summer holidays to spread the name around'

Now how aware is that for marketing - by the time ours is normally out for the new season, the holidays are over and the advertising days are numbered as heavy clothes are being worn.

Maybe our club should also aim for the final game of the season to launch next season's kit.

Livingston WILL go into administration later this week according to the Scotsman. That would presumably see them start the season with a 10 point deduction if they survive with Rankine, Mcdougall or any other potential buyer.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Council...-bid.5456020.jp

As much as I detest the thought of any company going into administration and people (usually smaller companies) ending up losing large sums of money...it's unfortunately the only real choice I see for Livingston (again) if they want to continue in any way shape or form.

Also waiting with interest to see if the Livi Trust are given the opportunity to put their plan into place for a "Community Club". A couple of us on the Trust Board got a glimpse at what they intend to do to restructure things at the recent Supporters Direct Scotland Conference and I was very intrigued.

If they get the go ahead then we'll see them returning to the proper concept of a "Club"...an organistation owned, funded and run by it's members (the fans) with the assistance of various other stakeholders....with no one person/company having a majority shareholding.

So, as much as many might like to see them vanish from existence or might have little respect for them as a club and what they've done and the way they've done it....it could prove to be a very interesting experiment for Scottish Football because whilst the above has, and continues to be done, at amateur clubs, it's not been done at this level for 15+years and I'm confident that it could finally show a lot of fans that they don't need "money men" or "sugar daddies" in order for them to exist and compete at a respectable level.

If, as indicated by Rankine they have ?1.35m of debt and virtually no assets, administration may not help. At some stage the debt has to be cleared or the firm will be liquidated. I am surprised the SFL has not commented on the danger of a 9 team league this season. The Council will not back down and those looking to takeover do not really want stacks of debt and a totally holed ship. Livvy F C should be wound up and replaced now to stop further embarrassment to Scottish football through the actions of a foreign 'investor' with limited resources as demonstrated last year by repeated non payment of wages to staff including players mixed with a pack of nonesense for the non payment. We now know why.

At some stage the debt has to be cleared or the firm will be liquidated.

Not quite. They "settle" the debts in this kind of situation by paying the creditors about 2p for every ?1 they are owed. The club then starts afresh without any debt. Until the next time.....

Apparently that is Massones daughter.

nope. Its "Miss West Lothian 2009" - Ashley Brown, a 20 year old mother of two from Livingston !

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news_200409_3.php

http://www.westlothiancourier.co.uk/west-l...62405-23448172/

I wonder how long you spent on that :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd feel sorry for the fans of any other team , even County (maybe), but Livi deserve all they get.. 2nd rate Gretna

Livi were living well beyond their means LONG before Gretna even got into the SFL

Could be problems with the fixtures here, will a takeover be allowed without clearing the debt to the council? cant see many people willing to take that on.

Will Airdrie be re-instated? and put Livvy to the third div.... who knows.