Site Keeps Refreshing Itself

Renegade

Over the last couple of the days, this site has been acting weird. Everytime I come on to the board index, it seems to refresh it self a lot, and when I try and click on something it usually just goes back to the board index. Occaisonally I do get to where I want to do but it's never that great, as it goes pretty slowly and is usually only for a short time, before the page refreshes itself and goes back to the board index. I tried posting earlier as well, and that didn't work at all, and this thread I've just made is at the second attempt of trying. It just seems to be this site as all the other sites I've been on in the last few days have been fine as normal. Help please.

Have you tried flushing your DNS cache?

Anything running in the background that might conflict with this site? I sometimes have a Javascript blocker which can conflcit with the Ad Block add on I have running on Firefox for this site to deal with adverts.

Guest birdog

The problem with safari is it seems to duplicate posts........

The problem with safari is it seems to duplicate posts........

From my accidently deleted post, it said I updated my itunes the other day and something called Safari came with it. I have since uninstalled Safari and this site seems to be acting slightly better. This site (and only this site as far as I know) is the only that seems to be affected.

I just tried logging out of my account, and when I'm on the forum as a guest, I could go through the forum as normal with no problem at all. When I re-log in, the same problems start again.

If it's already with the mods and stuff, do they think it would be a good idea to deleted the "Renegade" account, and re-apply as "Renegade MK 2" or something? Cause the problem might just be with my account, and if I get a new one I won't have the same problem again.

I'm not the most technically minded, but I don't see how that would work. Maybe Scotty/CaleyD could have a look into this a bit further and see if they can get to the bottom of it. Seems very strange as no one else has reported any issues as far as I'm aware.

Did you do anything I told you?

Check your router settings, wireless settings (if you are connecting through a wireless connection), get Windows to repair the connection etc. There are tonnes of things you can do yourself to have a look at the problem and see if it is anything at your end.

Edited by RiG

I just tried logging out of my account, and when I'm on the forum as a guest, I could go through the forum as normal with no problem at all. When I re-log in, the same problems start again.

If it's already with the mods and stuff, do they think it would be a good idea to deleted the "Renegade" account, and re-apply as "Renegade MK 2" or something? Cause the problem might just be with my account, and if I get a new one I won't have the same problem again.

Pretty sure it won't be your account. There is nothing at account level on IP Board (the forum software) that would cause "browser refreshes" like your describing.

I suggest clearing out all of your temporary internet files, cookies and browser cache.

Edited by Jay_7

Check your router settings, wireless settings (if you are connecting through a wireless connection), get Windows to repair the connection etc. There are tonnes of things you can do yourself to have a look at the problem and see if it is anything at your end.

Pretty sure it won't be your account. There is nothing at account level on IP Board (the forum software) that would cause "browser refreshes" like your describing.

I suggest clearing out all of your temporary internet files, cookies and browser cache.

I cleared all my cookies and internet and files and stuff, but it didn't seem to make much differenece. Though today this site seems to be working fine. :party01:

I cleared all my cookies and internet and files and stuff, but it didn't seem to make much differenece. Though today this site seems to be working fine. :)

Don't speak too soon Renegade, I have the same problem now!