Can We Compete With Dundee?

kencar

Dundee? We are going to be struggling to compete with most of the teams in our division.

I think County will be a surprise package for promotion this season, as much as it kills me to say that.

We are going to take in 4 trialists. But who has left or going to leave us, all our good players and our squad is thin with just a few youth players on the books now too.

I think one thing in our favour is that Terry Butcher has a bit more expierence than most managers in our division.

Disagree totally with your last point. Terry Butcher has no experience of the first division. Chisolm, Scott, McCall, McIntyre etc all have plenty of knowledge and experience of the teams in this league. Butcher doesn't.

I understand what you are saying Alex as playing each other 4 times a season you know exactly what to expect from the opposition, on a more positive note, the opposition wont have a clue what to expect from us so it works both ways.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, i can predict nothing else than a dundee promotion. They are picking off the best players from the division with double effect of improving their own squad and disabling the opposition.

In my opinion 125k for griffiths is a steal, i predict Dundee will make a big profit on him as i see him representing Scotland in 4-5 years barring any injury or horrible attitude problem.

I dont see a problem with a years consolidation for us concentrating on rebuilding the squad and hopefully make a charge next season. But who knows, we shall wait and see, into the unknown-its exciting!

Truthfully I think we will mount a serious challenge once we assemble our squad. Dundee are spending a lot but if they don't gel quickly then they will find themselves playing catch up on a few teams which will be difficult for them.

Is Harkins the wee guy in Particks middle. He was anonomous when they played us in the cup. To be honest, I thought he was nothing.

He must have been really anonymous as I thought he was quite a big fella :(

I don't see why we are getting too wound up about Dundee. Apart from Griffths they've signed average first division fodder (Higgins, Clarke etc.). Their defence is the same as last season and they don't look like making signings in that area. Although the money is being splashed around Harkins and Griffiths have had one good season in the first division, they are not proven performers at a consistently higher level.

Have got to hit the ground running. Unless we win our first 5 0r 6 games on the bounce then i think we will lose ground very quickly so a good start is absolutely pivital.

on a more positive note, the opposition wont have a clue what to expect from us so it works both ways.

:clapping03: - last season none of us knew that !

Had a very interesting conversation this evening with some folk who move in similar circles to the latest Dens Park oligarch. The phrase, "same sh#t, different shovel" springs to mind........apologies if I'm being somewhat cryptic.

Ha oh my word, unreal!

TBH the more i hear about Dundee signing players, the more i laugh. Ok they might be signing players, but really, waht kind of players are they signing? Aint exactly 1st class are they.

TBH the more i hear about Dundee signing players, the more i laugh. Ok they might be signing players, but really, waht kind of players are they signing? Aint exactly 1st class are they.

They have signed last seasons Young Player of the Year, the SFL1s Top Goalscorer (I think or was that Dobbie) and Particks PotY.

So not that bad at all really.

They have signed last seasons Young Player of the Year, the SFL1s Top Goalscorer (I think or was that Dobbie) and Particks PotY.

So not that bad at all really.

Dobbie was the top goalscorer last season

i wouldnt worry about Dundee , they have their own problems , which are not made public, so i wouldnt worry about a team who could only finish mid table, they are more worried about Caley

a case of swine flue has been confirmed at DFC should be made public soon as i said they have problems of their own,

Rab Douglas is staying was approached by his friend paul lambert to join him but refused.

As i said they have problems off their own and money is ONE of them

Will somebody please notice that we have Foran up front this year, who is a proven goalscorer. Once Oddy Hambone is fixed, that should see the demise of Barrowman, and hey presto, we have a team that can and will beat Dundee at will.

I just don't know that I could stomach going to Dens to watch it....