Naps Competition 2009=2010

would like to try my hand in this comp again.

fell by the wayside last season and gave up before easter, but still took interest in the top of the table... especially with gringo and CD hitting the draw's each week.

McBookie have odds up for all games except the Livi one. They told us they were holding off on that until the outcome of the meeting.

They are attached here for reference, but someone will start a proper thread once we know the Livi outcome so dont post predictions here yet.

post-2-1249487653_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everybodies enjoying their summer holidays, especially all those people I beat in last years competition, I wouldnt be enjoying my summer quite as much without you :lol:

That was all last year though and we're all going to be back on a level pegging in a months time.

I seem to recall last years comps starting up last minute, so I thought we should get things sorted properly this time as if CanadaBob puts up a prize again then itd be disrespectful to him not take it seriously, certainly from an administration stand point (though you cant help but laugh when Forfar score twice in the last minutes to reverse your nearest rivals bet your way!).

So what are we discussing?

1) Number of runners

2) Dealing with Cup and International weekends

3) Having a consistent source of odds

4) Reef auditing the sums every week? I think this could be a very annoying task next year with an increased number of players.

I think most of the rules that were added or modified last year can be rubber stamped now, so everybody that wants to join in knows where they stand before the big kick off.

Anything else people were pissed off at last year they want changed?

One thing that was a big improvement in last seaosns comp was having prizes for the top 3 spots, rather than just for the winner, maybe we could dilute the prize pool down to 5 places to keep interest up for even more people? If we have 40 runners then 5 places isnt unreasonable... loads of bookies do that with the Grand National every year!

I wouldn't get out of bed for the sum on offer here :lol:

better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick though isnt it ..... unfortunately, we are not all as loaded as Bob and now that he has decided to give his money to a "worthy cause" instead of a "bunch of worthies" its the best we can do ...... A month ago, there was NO prize so ?50 cash and ?50 in betting vouchers is better than that !

• 2 weeks later...