ICT

Morton

Dunfermline

Partick

Q.O.S.

Ross County

Raith Rovs.

Ayr

Livingston ( After 10 point deduction for entering administration).

Edited by Kingsmills
As Mantis rightly points out, I forgot to include Fife's finest football team.

Too hard to judge as I only saw 4 of the other teams last season and I'm sure all there squads will have been revamped.

All the games I did see (at county) were pretty tight affairs with little between the sides

Win at home, draw away is the key to the Scottish First. That's what St J did last season. We win away and have been losing at home. This is a tough league and it's too close to make accurate predictions.........

To early to call really, so, basing this on squads etc, i'll go for:-

Dundee

Dunfermilne

Partick

Livingston (if they don't get a -10)

Ross County

ICT

Morton

QotS

Raith

Ayr

How come the signings of the likes of Hart and Kerr has suddenly turned Dundee into THE team?? Surely if all these players they've signed were so good then they'd have gone to much bigger and better clubs than Dundee.

For what it's worth I think we'll be right up there, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was someone like the Pars challenging us, rather than Dundee. We've still got pretty much our SPL squad from last season, and that experience will be crucial.

Get the midfield sorted and we'll come straight back up I reckon.

With the likes of munro, tokley, imrie, foran, duncan, mcbain etc, i think that we mush be 1st or 2nd favourates for promotion anlong side dundee. Ict were too good to go down and ICT are too good for the 1st division

Win at home, draw away is the key to the Scottish First. That's what St J did last season. We win away and have been losing at home. This is a tough league and it's too close to make accurate predictions.........

Under Brewster our home (league) record last season was W1 D2 L8 but Butcher's record was W3 D3 L2 so a continuation of this with less draws and more wins would be nice.

When we were in the SPL, I didnt follow SFL1 (just as I didnt really follow the SPL when we were in SFL1) so this is pure guesswork (and hope).

1. ICT
  2. Dundee
  3. Dunfermline
  4. Partick
  5. Morton
  6. Queen of the South
  7. Ross County
  8. Raith Rovers
  9. Ayr
  10. Livingston (because of admin deduction of 10pts)
I feel many on here have got so used to being negative about the mighty ICT since Brewster and our eventual relegation that they cannot see we actually have a decent team by Div1 standards. I would be a lot more worried if we were going into an SPL season with the current squad but we arent, its the 1st division, and despite dundee's transfer market dealings, we can match them I think.

Under Brewster our home (league) record last season was W1 D2 L8 but Butcher's record was W3 D3 L2 so a continuation of this with less draws and more wins would be nice.

When we were in the SPL, I didnt follow SFL1 (just as I didnt really follow the SPL when we were in SFL1) so this is pure guesswork (and hope).

1. ICT
  2. Dundee
  3. Dunfermline
  4. Partick
  5. Morton
  6. Queen of the South
  7. Ross County
  8. Raith Rovers
  9. Ayr
  10. Livingston (because of admin deduction of 10pts)
I feel many on here have got so used to being negative about the mighty ICT since Brewster and our eventual relegation that they cannot see we actually have a decent team by Div1 standards. I would be a lot more worried if we were going into an SPL season with the current squad but we arent, its the 1st division, and despite dundee's transfer market dealings, we can match them I think.

I would go with that prediction.I hope the rest of Div 1 see Dundee as the main threat, they will probably shut up shop against them.

I wonder what calibre of player TB will take on trial.

Or perhaps

8 Airdrie

9 Raith

10 Ayr

Edited by 12th Man

How come the signings of the likes of Hart and Kerr has suddenly turned Dundee into THE team?? Surely if all these players they've signed were so good then they'd have gone to much bigger and better clubs than Dundee.

For what it's worth I think we'll be right up there, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was someone like the Pars challenging us, rather than Dundee. We've still got pretty much our SPL squad from last season, and that experience will be crucial.

It's the signings of the divisions top striker in Griffiths and (possibly) Particks main midfield man Harkins that is causing people to sit up and take note and be very wary of Dundee.

Dundee (but i am biased)

Partick

ICT

QOTS

Dunfermline

County

Morton

Raith Rovers

Airdrie United (as livi get demoted to div 3 and Airdrie get re-instated)

Ayr United

Ok... We accept you're biased... in fact we've known that for a long time.

But surely you could have put us above Partick Thistle?

It's the signings of the divisions top striker in Griffiths and (possibly) Particks main midfield man Harkins that is causing people to sit up and take note and be very wary of Dundee.

The point is though RIG, if these players are so good, why didn't, for example, an SPL team come in for them?

The point is though RIG, if these players are so good, why didn't, for example, an SPL team come in for them?

Setanta collapsed, SPL clubs have to re-jig their budgets and the majority are in no position to spend over ?250,000 on two players due to the lack of money from a TV deal. Dundee, by comparison, are minted.

Due to the Setanta collape most SPL sides are not in a position currently to spend money,Craig La vain was on telly the other night saying he would love to have signed Griffiths but no funds were available and Hearts had also bid for him but he turned them down as he is a hibbee.Thankfully he signed before they got the big bucks from Burnley for Fletcher

Johnboy, if we get Harkins from Partick today, i'll put ICT above them in my listing :lol:

You type a lot quicker than me RIG

Edited by Heilandee