Music acts you cant get into?

SMEE

That is very poor RiG, im disappointed.

Have you ever seen Kasabian live on TV? They are flipping amazing, I saw them live at the Ironworks and it was the best gig I've ever been at.

Kaisers are pretty good too but I can maybe understand how someone would'nt be able to get into them.

The Killers are awesome but again I can understand how you might not get into them but - Mr Brightside? One of the best tunes of recent years surely?!

I like Clubfoot but anything else I have heard from Kasabian just doesn't do it for me.

Mr Brightside is indeed excellent and I like a couple of songs from Hot Fuss but the rest of the album is honking and anything they have done since I just haven't been a fan of.

Actually, I would add The Enemy in here because No Time For Tears (like Clubfoot) is a brilliant anthem but after getting the album I was left hugely disappointed as it was just wishy washy lad rock when I was hoping for more thunderous songs like NTFT. Shame.

I just view the above as bands who have one or two good songs but the rest of their stuff is filler for me.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom frighter - ok a tadge extreme but what one person disikes another feels a great delight in hearing and quite often it is related to a personal experience. For me one example is the Smiths - couldn't bear them then and in the last year went to a mate's wedding and a Smiths song was played at the end in the Church and all of a sudden one or two tracks became bearable. Sometimes it is just the time not the music....

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom frighter - ok a tadge extreme but what one person disikes another feels a great delight in hearing and quite often it is related to a personal experience. For me one example is the Smiths - couldn't bear them then and in the last year went to a mate's wedding and a Smiths song was played at the end in the Church and all of a sudden one or two tracks became bearable. Sometimes it is just the time not the music....

^Thats very true. I find the older i get....the more tolerant i become, and i find me allowing myself to enjoy stuff i had dissed in years gone by (sometimes with little or no reason other than i just didnt want to like them)

Great shout johnboy for Runrig..........stereotypical guff.

Another I thought about after I last posted but has been noted also.........the Ting Tings, simply rubbish. :lol:

Lily Allen............there is something about her that I find charming, it must be my age. :004:

(awaits insults) Arctic Monkeys

The Killers

Kings of Leon

I liked the second two on the lists first albums but they are so massivly over hyped I can't stand them now. I never liked the Arctic Monkeys. To me it sounds like a terrible attempt at surfing music with a horrible northern accent on vocals.

Glenn I saw half yuor list live in the past month :lol:

Great shout johnboy for Runrig..........stereotypical guff.

Another I thought about after I last posted but has been noted also.........the Ting Tings, simply rubbish. :lol:

Lily Allen............there is something about her that I find charming, it must be my age. :P

That's funny, because there's something about her that I find obnoxious! Agree 100% about the Ting Tings though: their "music" gives me a sore head.

The Sex Pistols

I get what they stood for etc, but musically? Nah.

I'll also add Nirvana. Liked them a bit when they were around, had their albums, but they were nothing special. Just confirms how dying can be a great career move.

Edited by Yngwie

went to a mate's wedding and a Smiths song was played at the end in the Church

You sure it wasn't a funeral?!

Hope it wasn't "I know it's over" with the loud loutish lover shouting insults at the groom.

:P

nah - actually it was 'There is a light that never goes out'.... :P

• 3 weeks later...

Youtube - Kasabian LSF live. That will change your opinion on them. No words can describe how good that was to see live.

Not really, watched that on youTube from T at the Park. Got bored half way through.

And to top it all off, I'd like to nominate Cliff Richard. Very boring and harps on about his religion every Christmas. And the worst of all, Daniel O'Donnell. Just awful, hopefully someone will soon remove him from Planet Earth, doing us all a favour.

Ahhhh.. Daniel O'Donnell, the king of shyte lyrics ' There will always be a kettle on the boil '

Saw him a few years ago walking along the riverside at the Mustard seed, we beeped the horn and gestured wildly... he waved back untill he saw what the gestures were.. :018:

And to top it all off, I'd like to nominate Cliff Richard. Very boring and harps on about his religion every Christmas. And the worst of all, Daniel O'Donnell. Just awful, hopefully someone will soon remove him from Planet Earth, doing us all a favour.

Isn't strange, they pack ever venue months ahead, where ever they play and yet they appear to only have a love/hate relationship with the public. Don't say I know I love to hate them but one wonders if today's say, heavy metal, 'talent' will be around, packing them into venues in, what is it, an average of 35 years on, from first appearing on stage.