Alan Savage

caley100

I saw that just before I went out. Said something about him wanting to use his business contacts in the far East, Russia and Africa to get us potential players IIRC

Believe it or not half of tonight's North Tonight programme was blacked out due to "circumstances beyond their control"

All we got was the tail end of a interview with CC, who stated that - whilst Black is staying put for the time being - he may very well move on to a bigger club sometime in the future. He also accepted there had been much speculation linking him with a move to Dunited, but he didn't regard them as a bigger club.....!!

....something about him wanting to use his business contacts in the far East, Russia and Africa to get us potential players IIRC

Can't say I'm particularly overawed by that statement...arn't our youngsters that good enough after all?

I very much doubt Grassa or CC would be willing to fill the team with foreigners, however, I think it is stupid to reject the idea off hand without knowing exactly what they have in mind.  Developing contacts with other clubs/associations/countries isn't a bad idea,  if we could continue to develop and improve using solely Scottish players then that would be great, but it doesn't work like that in the real world.

We need to wait to hear more about the "ideas" of the new Chairman before jumping down his throat with regards to what was likely a heavily edited statement.

Fair point CD. ICT have done wonders so far with an, almost, 100% Scots squad and I'd personally hate to see the end of that. I just wouldn't like to see ICT go down the Hearts road if you see what I mean.

Also, could the 'thought' of introducing foreigners upset the current, excellent, team spirit?

I'm off to sit on the fence now and watch things from there for a while.. :004:

It's very early to start castigating the incoming chairman for things that haven't even happened yet , but with his business record  and far-reaching contacts I would hope there are more positives than negatives in the medium to long term of his tenure.

The issue of foreign players comes with its pros and cons , but from the point of view of a small club with minimal revenues surely the chance of getting quality young players with potential for onward sale must be regarded as a reasonably low risk venture...if - and I'm sure the boss of a worldwide recruitment company can - get it done  right.

We have been lucky at Boardroom level from the very start in 1994 and I am sure that our outgoing chairman would not let his hard work be undone by resigning if he thought the suggested replacement was not up to the task. I know nothing of Alan Savage but a little research on his company suggests he is a very astute businessman and hopefully he will bring that astuteness to the ICT boardroom.

... would you rather have Eddie Thomson ??

... would you rather have Eddie Thomson ??

Over my dead body....wouldn't want Romanov either (or any equalivent!).

I'm still going to sit on the fence though and see what happens over the next few months. I'm sure Mr Savage will be an excellent chairman for ICT and will follow in the footsteps of previous occupiers of the seat and have ICT's best interests at heart. Here's hoping anyway.