Open Evening (feedback)

It was excllent :)

well worth it

10 out of 10

met the players, toured the stadium

:D

Yes! Excellent.

Able to talk to Maurice Malpas in the managers' room and ask about the management ideas for players and positions for this year.

Much better than trying to find little bits of info in the papers.

Well done to all.

spo what did he say?

Talking about how good Robert Eagle will be when/if he signs, and how Danny Sanchez would add much needed width to the team, but see if he is tough enough for the Scottish game.

I was mainly asking about Ross Tokley and where they would play him, and where Proctor would fit into the plans.

Seems Tokley [when he is eventually available] is likely to stay in Centre defence with only the occasional right back role depending on injuries/ form of others, and that with the smaller squaud we could see players used in different positions to what has happened in the past. Proctor would be right back, but also likely to be used to cover other positions.

Just good to get the opportunity to talk to folk at the club again, especially after the way fans appeared to be treated in the early part of last season, when enquiries were ignored.

Look forward to more events like Friday.

We came up from St Andrews for last night and thought it was well worth the effort, a great night and my son got to meet players and plenty of autographs.

Big well done to all concerned

It was excllent :lol:

well worth it

10 out of 10

:P

Yes! Excellent.

Able to talk to Maurice Malpas in the managers' room and ask about the management ideas for players and positions for this year.

Well done to all.

spo what did he say?

Talking about how good Robert Eagle will be when/if he signs, and how Danny Sanchez would add much needed width to the team, but see if he is tough enough for the Scottish game.

I was mainly asking about Ross Tokley and where they would play him, and where Proctor would fit into the plans.

Seems Tokley [when he is eventually available] is likely to stay in Centre defence with only the occasional right back role depending on injuries/ form of others, and that with the smaller squaud we could see players used in different positions to what has happened in the past. Proctor would be right back, but also likely to be used to cover other positions.

Just good to get the opportunity to talk to folk at the club again, especially after the way fans appeared to be treated in the early part of last season, when enquiries were ignored.

oh dear...

It was excllent :lol:

well worth it

10 out of 10

:P

Yes! Excellent.

Well done to all.

spo what did he say?

Interesting, Rossco belongs on the back line IMO hes to old now to be moved lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Good video.

Although it must be very depressing for Terry and the players, when they are trying to get a reaction from the fans and it's all but silent. So depressing, we deserved to get relegated just on the fact that we have like the worst fans in the whole of the UK.

:018:

Evidence please. What about the Celtic and Rangers supporters, are they better? Or what about you beloved Chelsea supporters, and the rest of the big teams, are they better? Even though huge percentage only support them because they have some success and a sky high budget, and would no doubt disappear back into the woodwork if the money and success was taken away.

Edited by Renegade

:018:

Evidence please. What about the Celtic and Rangers supporters, are they better? Or what about you beloved Chelsea supporters, and the rest of the big teams, are they better? Even though huge percentage only support them because they have some success and a sky high budget, and would no doubt disappear back into the woodwork if the money and success was taken away.

What Evidence you looking for? We did get relegated (the evidence it we are playing in SFL1) and to be fair the silence fans have been talked about on here since I've been a member on this forum, and as a fan going to the games it is at times like a ghost town, so I think he's kind of right on the silence from the fans, and as I mentioned before and you my friend are guilty off it too, when it goes bad your very vocal when its going well..... Nothing, so you in yourself are evidence of the quiet fans.

The OF support is better from an away home fans point of view in that they will fill most away ends (I know there is more out there then us but its just a point of view) I don't think they would disappear if they did dry up as there is years of football behind them and rivalry that I'm not going in too, our problem is we are a young team and thus a lot of people in the day had Caley or thistle and a big team, when we merged they went back to the big teams?. We will be about another 10 years till our current fans out there (16-19) have kids and start bringing them along too, then we will have a stronger fan base, at the moment we are IMO only on the Second Gen of fans, I was 16 when we were joined so didn't have a big team really and thus just went with it? and kids from the kids back then are IMO what's swelling our numbers now?.. We wont get fans really from out with the town unless they were affiliated to ICT in some way, I have in-laws in london (Arsenillll) fans who do come to caley games when up and look out for us but other than having an assosiation with Inverness or a friend who follows that all we have..... Thankfully were not involved in the whole religion thing.

I don't really make the connection between ICT "deserving" to go down just because the fans are quieter than others. In fact, the last time I was at Celtic v ICT at Parkhead, the atmosphere was really rather minimal, nothing like they are during the away games. Same goes for Tynecastle, pretty quiet last time I was there.

I don't really make the connection between ICT "deserving" to go down just because the fans are quieter than others. In fact, the last time I was at Celtic v ICT at Parkhead, the atmosphere was really rather minimal, nothing like they are during the away games. Same goes for Tynecastle, pretty quiet last time I was there.

you just made my point, Minimal due to the fact there wasnt that many off you and more thank likly yous would have been spread out over the seats..... If however you were on the other side in the Crowds im sure the atmospher would have been better....

It wasnt the main reason for being put out, thats on another thread but the crowd plays a massive part in the Atmospher at the games, singing, chanting and getting behind the team, this in turn boosts the team to prefore and so on and so forth!

Edited by georgeios

Could the silence at matches be partly due to heavy handed stewards? As soon as ICT fans actually get excited and perhaps stand up and sing they rush in like Tianamen Square all over again. Why can't stewards get it into their thick skulls that football is SUPPOSED to be exciting? Time after time in the matchday programme both the manager and captain urge us to get right behind the lads! Huh! Chance would be a fine thing. Maybe we should go to south stand where any behaviour is tolerated.

Could the silence at matches be partly due to heavy handed stewards? As soon as ICT fans actually get excited and perhaps stand up and sing they rush in like Tianamen Square all over again. Why can't stewards get it into their thick skulls that football is SUPPOSED to be exciting? Time after time in the matchday programme both the manager and captain urge us to get right behind the lads! Huh! Chance would be a fine thing. Maybe we should go to south stand where any behaviour is tolerated.

I agree with what your saying I think SFL 1 it a bit more tolerant..

Could the silence at matches be partly due to heavy handed stewards? As soon as ICT fans actually get excited and perhaps stand up and sing they rush in like Tianamen Square all over again.

Ya' think, we only ever see it when one or two fans stand up to voice there minds or even urge on the team, reckon they'de handle a whole stand if they all did the same? would love to see them try.

Anywho, on topic.. gutted I missed this as I had to work, here's hoping another pops up soon

Great vid Bromley E, gutted i missed the open day.

i noticed that young guy wearing a Chelsea top...WTF

I know that guy <_<

Goes to my school

Edited by MissICT

Again - well done to the club for setting this up - there does already seem to be evidence of changes afoot throughout the club or maybe it is just improved visibility but long may it continue B)

Terry Butcher has indicated to the Supporters Trust that he would like us to organise another similar event, maybe towards the end of the season, where it will be during the day with a proper full training sesson. Otherwise it would be much the same format. It was a pleasure to work with the club to pull it together in a short space of time, so thanks to them for all their help.