And what of our SPL rivals?

Yompa

Just spent a week on the road re-living my youth... following the Baggies Scottish pre-season tour. As a result, I can offer the following insight into how some of our rivals are shaping up:

Kilmarnock: They took a long time to get going in the first of the three games and basically weren't in the game for the first 45 minutes. However once they scored just after half time, they completely took over and looked seriously impressive later on. They've restored Di Giacomo to the front line alongside Invincible and Wales and with wee Naismith pulling the strings behind and alongside, they look to be a good bet for another top six finish.

Motherwell: I'm happy to report that the post-Butcher team were very poor. The young keeper, Smith, looks dodgy and collectively, they look like a bunch of scrawny kids with a couple of old fatties (Hamilton et al). They didn't see much of the ball all afternoon and what they did have, they either didn't use or gave away.

Dunfermline:

Five days to the start of the new season and they played THREE trialists. That says it all! My bet for the drop, they have replaced Hunt with Whelan and I don't know about Noel, they've no feckin chance of avoiding another relegation dogfight. They played a trialist, Bamba, at the back (I thought it was Big Marv at first) and he looked okay and will probably get a deal, but up front they are shocking. I'd be surprised if they manage 30 goals in the SPL.

What was the crack at the game last night? Wish i had went now rather than packing my bags :009:. Have to say though with Hibs lossing alot of players and seeing Killie, i fancy Killie to end up above HIbs, they were emense on Thursday. I even went along on Saturday to see them against PNE with a mate whos a season ticket holder, thye controled the whole game with Naismith running the show and would have won if it wasn't for an own goal. Doubt they'll beat us though :002: