Working out who would be "It"

DJS

"Ok everyone feet in !!!"

Then it was "My mu'err an your mu'err were hangeen out the washeen...."

cant remember the rest of the rhyme tho!

My personal favourite had to be the one for who got to pick teams first. Normally the two best players would stand facing each other about 10 yards apart and then, taking alternate turns, put one foot in front of the other. The winner was the one who landed their foot on top of the others first. But no tipsies allowed mind !!!! :015:

Some excellent snecky social history here.  Such things were a part of all of our childhoods.  My own personal favourite was a ditty that rhymed so beautifully and scanned so perfectly that it was surely the work of Keats or Wordsworth.

Dip dip birds sh*t you are not it.

"Ok everyone feet in !!!"

Then it was "My mu'err an your mu'err were hangeen out the washeen...."

cant remember the rest of the rhyme tho!

My personal favourite had to be the one for who got to pick teams first. Normally the two best players would stand facing each other about 10 yards apart and then, taking alternate turns, put one foot in front of the other. The winner was the one who landed their foot on top of the others first. But no tipsies allowed mind !!!! :015:

I remember...

" My mu'errr an yoor mu'err were hangeen out the clothes,

My mu'err punched yoor mu'err on the nose -

what colour was the blood?"

Wow, what a flashback.

I remember...

" My mu'errr an yoor mu'err were hangeen out the clothes,

My mu'err punched yoor mu'err on the nose -

what colour was the blood?"

Wow, what a flashback.

Aye that's it.....then you'd spell out the colour they chose on everyone's feet " R-E-D an yoo are not it!"

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

• 4 weeks later...

Deciding who was "it" was often a game in itself.  One of the ways we used to decide was by having one person turn their back and giving everyone a nuumber, they then picked a random number to be "it".  Was suprising the number of times the person with back turned chose their own number  :015: - a similar method was also used for picking teams for football etc aswell.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just came for a nose in this bit and i remeber all these the kids that play in the park near mine still use the numbers one caleyd is on about to pick teams for football.

How about douing one for whos round it is in the pub ???