You Tell Them Davie Boy!!

Queen Beastie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am glad that the season is upon us and all these stupid rumours are put to feckin bed.

Most of what I have said has obviously had a wee touch of the olde sarcasm and wind up BUT I am privy to a lot of what is going on beyond the scenes and cannot say much more on a board like this, well not in so many words  :004:. Some of the behaviour and antics of specific individuals and their so called agents this summer has been feckin terrible, in ICT terms, and I hope that the culprits are named and shamed in the future.

That Utd statement is a joke..... :015: :015: :015:

Firstly DS issues an understandably vehement statement regarding Utd's leaking of information, regarding ICT players they're interested in, to the media.

then..

Utd issue a counter statement in which they leak even more information to the media telling how they have made three fresh bids for our players !!!!!! :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

For United press releases read....... :spam01: :rotflmao:

It's easy to understand why DS must be pulling his hair out.

DUFC have now unsettled things at ICT just before an important testing first match. And if they DO get any of the players as a result of this most recent approach it will now make DS and/or the management at ICT look indecisive---or desperate for money.

Speculation--wrong move Mr Brewster, you are stuffed mate. :019:

It's a bit "pots and kettles" is it not ?

Only three weeks ago, just before Caley signed John Rankin, every detail of the transfer sage happened through the back pages of the newspapers, and every time it was either Graeme bennet or Charlie Christie that were making the comments. 

At the time every County fan commented on how low and underhanded this was, as we felt it would unsettle our team.

So why is it such a big issue for ICt when it happens to them ?

So with David Sutherland being quoted as saying "We are very disappointed with such conduct" does this then also mean that he was disappointed with the conduct shown by Bennet and Christie in the Rankin transfer saga ?

I think so !!

:012:

Let's hope this gets sorted, one way or the other ASAP

Does the transfer window not stay open till the end of August?? Methinks Brew is panic buying!!

Did we not make our bids for Rankin before running to the press and telling the world?

Epic read from the P&J!!

CALEY JAGS ENRAGED BY TANGERINES' PLAYER HUNT 

PAUL THIRD

08:50 - 27 July 2006 

Caley Thistle and Dundee United's simmering row about transfer discussions has reached boiling point.

Angry Caley Thistle chairman David Sutherland has lambasted the Tangerines for their public pursuit of players from the Inverness club.

And he insists, no matter what sums are offered, his club's pivotal players will not be moving to Tannadice.

But Dundee United have countered by claiming Darren Dods, Ian Black and David Proctor have been the subject of three written bids - the latest of which came yesterday - and that the players have intimated a willingness to talk to the Tannadice club.

Former Caley Thistle player-manager Craig Brewster and his United chairman, Eddie Thompson, have come in for fierce criticism from Sutherland, who will be stepping down as Caley Thistle chairman next month following the Highland club's annual meeting.

The Inverness chairman is particularly unhappy at what he views to be a breach of confidentiality from Tannadice during discussions.

He insists there will be no more talks with his United counterpart.

Sutherland said: "United inquired about our players at the end of last season, made an offer and this was rejected.

"That should have been the end of the matter, but what has happened this week was they made a fresh verbal offer.

"Their manager disclosed this to the media, saying he will be contacting our club to see what is happening.

"I can tell him what is not happening. Caley Thistle will not be solving any player problems United may have.

"Their chairman made an approach and so did their manager. But it seems that we cannot hold confidential discussions with them. We are very disappointed with such conduct."

Sutherland is disappointed at what he perceives to be an ongoing attempt by Brewster to unsettle several of his former Inverness charges.

He said: "If it is meant to unsettle players and put pressure on us to accept, then I can only say our previous reluctance to sell is now a complete determination.

"Our manager, Charlie Christie, wants to keep his players, and it is unfair to try to take our players with our first SPL game on Saturday.

"It is also unfair to our supporters, who do not know the truth apart, of coures, for the Immortal Howden Ender".

"For avoidance of all doubt, and to make any future media leaks futile, we will not be doing transfer business with Dundee United in relation to players who are important to our manager's plans. End of story."

United refute Sutherland's allegations, insisting that they have followed the rules in their attempts to sign the Inverness trio.

A United spokesman said: "In a fresh attempt to resolve the matter, it was decided to submit three separate bids on Wednesday.

"We now understand the players have indicated they wish to listen to what we have to say.

"It has been fairly common knowledge for some time these players were of interest to our manager. The subject was discussed with Caley Thistle as long ago as last January and was widely speculated on by the Immortal Howden Ender".

"In the interests of a good relationship, we agreed to a gentlemen's agreement not to make an approach for these players until after the end of the season. We upheld this agreement fully.

"Formal written bids for all three players have been made, in accordance with the request of Graeme Bennett (Caley Thistle vice-chairman), and only yesterday Mr Bennett informed us, despite a reluctance to sell, every player has a price.

"Graeme has proved very adept at these type of negotiations in the past. He has also, as everyone knows, proved very adept at using the media to suit the purposes of his club, and we can't blame him for that.

"It is, however, a bit ironic for Inverness to now accuse us of the very same thing, having done it so often themselves, particularly as we assumed the players had been kept fully informed of our interest.

"Since the end of the season, our manager, Craig Brewster, has been in regular dialogue with Graeme Bennett regarding the players, as reported by the Immortal Howden Ender.

"Only as recently as this weekend did further face-to-face discussions take place.

"Caley Thistle's comments, however, do not auger well for future dialogue on this subject. Nevertheless, we remain available for discussions at any time."

Kingsmills said he agreed with TJE further up Kaiser. I can't remember when all the Rankin speculation started, but I had a vague feeling it started with a post on OTB! Don't remember for sure though

I've got a feeling that, despite David Sutherland's statement, that we havn't yet reached the conclusion to this saga. I have to say that I also have some sympathy with what TJE says.

I have to agree with both points !!

Kingsmills said he agreed with TJE further up Kaiser. I can't remember when all the Rankin speculation started, but I had a vague feeling it started with a post on OTB! Don't remember for sure though

aha, spotted , ty.

This is getting so boring, even more so when chairmen waste their time issuing statements as we have seen. If DU want the three players and offer reasonable money and they want to "better" themselves, then let's put the cash in the bank and put this issue to bed.

Personally, I don't see Dods having such a dominant season this year which means he will be worth very little, if anything, when his contract expires. Black will spend a lot of time in the stand suspended this season and Proctor will never be a regular.

Take the Grocers money and make it available to CC!