You Tell Them Davie Boy!!

Queen Beastie

Is no-one going to comment on TJE's fair point??

I've been agreeing with TJE for ages on this subject. In fact, I am sure I posted a thread on this a while ago before we had signed Rankin but I can't seem to find it. I do mind Caley D replying to it though.

Found it!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that although I'd be happy for the three of them to stay, I wouldn't be too gutted if they left.  We have more than capable cover for all three of them, if the right amount of money is offered then we should take it.  However, going by DS's comments I don't think he'd sell if they offered £10m and I respect him making a stand.  The only thing that would bug me if we did sell is that United and Brewster get what they want. 

Some of these Utd fans are unreal.

Giving DS a hard time cos he is standing up to there 'mighty' club

I suppose it's been a while since anyone wanted to but any of there players though - I mean they pretty much had to pay 3 of the famous five to leave  :015:

TJE makes fair comment, as usual, but is it not the case that ICT had permission to talk to Rankin and had tabled an offer before any press involvement. Also, I doubt very much whether CC or GB went to Dingwall every week for impromptu meetings with County players. Can the same be said of Brewster and his frequent visits to an Inverness restuarant/bar that some players and officials use from time to time.

If the players want to leave then fair enough, let them talk to the temporary manager at Tannadump and see what he offers, but only after DUFC have privately tabled bids that ICT have accepted. We have said it time and time again. NO-ONE is bigger than this club and all this bull5hit is doing no-one any good.

PROCTOR: It wouldnt surprise me if he wanted to go as he knows he is not a first team regular and is mainly there as cover for Tokely and potentially for Wilson. He has played well when selected and would eventually hold down a starting spot but I would understand it if he had a desire to move for first team football. With Caff and Parratt we have cover for defensive positions.

BLACK: Cant understand this one. We all know he wont spend his career at ICT and he will eventually move to a bigger club. Charlie has even said as much. Cant help feeling that if he decides to go to DUFC he is selling himself short in the interests of getting a higher wage earlier in his career when he could legitimately spend another season or two with us and move to a far bigger club than United (and make even more money). However, we have Rankin, Keogh, Duncan, Hart and Fox who will all be happy to take his midfield spot. If he wants to go, then show him the door.

DODS: Again, if he wants to go, this would be harder to understand than Proctor. He had a reputation for defensive blunders at his other clubs until he came to ICT where he has fitted into our system magnificently. Deservedly won many awards and became a fans favourite. It has been said that he is good pals with Brewster and that he has family ties further south that might drive his desire but I would be sad to see him go. However, given a little time to settle back into the first team, I think that Caff is probably a more 'classy' defender who could easily replace him.

Can you imagine how tasty the games against the Arabs will be if they did go?  :001:

Think they will have added spice even if they dont - many of our fans and certainly our directors seem to have absolutely no time whatsoever for the rulers of the Banana Republic of Tannadump

TJE makes fair comment, as usual, but is it not the case that ICT had permission to talk to Rankin and had tabled an offer before any press involvement. Also, I doubt very much whether CC or GB went to Dingwall every week for impromptu meetings with County players. Can the same be said of Brewster and his frequent visits to an Inverness restuarant/bar that some players and officials use from time to time.

...perhaps in the recent transfer dealings but as mentioned this was after we began talks with the payer, but around the January transfer window I think you'll find a lot of paper talk regarding CC and GB and the Rankin saga...both before and after the official approach ( which as we know was knocked back).

It was definitely a case of using the media for our gain then.

Both TJE and my good self know that the shennanigans about Rankin started last November and i started baiting the Tinks then. There have been several meetings and discussions since, mostly behind closed doors/confidential or clandestine. That is the feckin norm in football of today. ICT kept luring Rankin on a regular basis. As I have always said the deal was done in principle at the New Year.

I would say such a deal was discusse in the summer with the Arabs and Black and proctor were the sacrificial goats in order to keep Dods in particular. Dods and his agent asked for a long term deal with a coaching post at the end. Dods is keen to go to the Arabs mainly to secure his financial future and career prospects.

I am reliably informed that Dods is the most pissed off and the one who is pissing the rest off.

TJE probably does make a reasonable point in regarding to Rankin.

We must however not give players the general perception that they can leave at any point during their contract as and when it suits them. (I would point out that we do not actually know if any of the players involved are actually taking this stance).

It is equally important that we do not give the impression to so called 'bigger' teams that we can be 'plundered' for players at their leasure.

Realistically we have to realise that the very big teams will always offer an attraction to players and ambition to play at the top level is not unreasonable, however Utd at the moment are living on their past glories and we should not be considering selling players unless it is in the clubs interest.

Someone on the P & J site has made a good point...

In a fresh attempt to resolve the matter, it was decided to submit three separate bids today. We now understand the players have indicated that they wish to listen to what we have to say. The issue of today’s news release from Inverness Caley, however, does not auger well for future dialogue on this subject. Nevertheless, we remain available for discussions at any time.

How can Dundee United know that the players wish to speak to them? Seems that they have spoken directly or indirectly to our guys without our clubs permission then if what they say is true?

Time to report Mr. Thomson and Mr. Brewster to the relevant authorities?

According to E.T.a number of ICT players have expressed an interest in joining up with Craig Brewster again. Where did this information come from?? Is everything above board or have we got a case of illegal approaches being made?. Remember E.T. never spoke to Steve Paterson in his life!

iam very cocnerned dundee utd seem to think the players want to talk to them,how else would they know this unless brewster had spoken to them without the clubs permission? i think utd should be punished by the sfa for there carry ons,a points deduction that would stop them carrrying on