Hamilton in for Dougie

Kylef

Just heard on real radio that Hamilton have offered Imrie a deal, due to having the funds from Mcarthys move to Wigan available.

Didnt say how much or anything else, but that they have also put bids in for other scottish players.

Unless its for more than hes worth, i want him to stay.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised that a club of Hamilton's stature are interested in Imrie. He would be a good buy for a lower/mid level SPL club.

I am surprised that Hamilton have actually put a bid in, especially with the history between him and the fans. Billy Reid was also involved in the row, I believe.

I think Imrie would be more likely to go to Falkirk or someone else in that group of sides. Shame - if I were Butcher I'd try and convince him that if he stays in the First and has a great season he could get a move to a better club.

Edited by ictchris

I'm not surprised that a club of Hamilton's stature are interested in Imrie. He would be a good buy for a lower/mid level SPL club.

I am surprised that Hamilton have actually put a bid in, especially with the history between him and the fans. Billy Reid was also involved in the row, I believe.

I think Imrie would be more likely to go to Falkirk or someone else in that group of sides. Shame - if I were Butcher I'd try and convince him that if he stays in the First and has a great season he could get a move to a better club.

Must have missed that - what is it with hiim and the Hammy fans?

I would be quite happy for him to stay, he will be an asset, and may be irreplaceable at this late stage. We dont have the depth of pool to lose folk, unless there is a big fat chequebook being flashed about.

Guest Mahonio

I would personally sell him for any amount of money and then replace him using the money we get for him.

Possible replacements: any old firm wide players who we could loan in.

Just checking your forum to see if you have anything more on this, by God I hope he's playing in Inverness next season and not at Accies. We certainly don't want him, but it's a believable one and it wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

All the best for the new season anyway, just so long as you stop Dundee from going up :(

Here's what Dougie had to say about the matter in Saturday's P&J:

I still have a year left on my contract and clubs did make inquiries, but I will stay here and do my best for Caley Thistle. I am not just going to jump ship and go to another club.

Seems pretty categorical, no?

I hope he stays.

The way i see it, and this is just recently: hes just back from injury, had one pre season friendly game against united and was a huge asset and brought something for us to the game. Then against Annan 2 assists and one goal.

When hes on his game he is a big player for us. Just look at the last game at St Mirren Park, and last game at Fir park, his pace down the wing could be a great thing for us. I rate him, and would like it if he stayed.

I said it ages ago, he didnt play much in the friendlys and when we did play him he put in a shift... V's and SPL side!! I hope he goes and hamilton take him, there fans cant stand the man hahaha

It should help with is little know he picked up just before preseasson... the knock he was no longer an SPL Player.. if he goes it shows his true colours... Caley Man my arse!!!

Edited by georgeios

i like him.we dont have many players like him at the club.expecting a big season from him and i hope he stays put.

I do hope he stays, and puts his heart in to it, but he isnt iraplacable.... and if we got some money for him then maybe we could pick someone up quick with his cash... if not then we have (Id like to think) some money for the next transfer window.. that way we can see what we are lacking in the start of the season, We have a lot of midfielders that could do his job!!

I said it ages ago, he didnt play much in the friendlys and when we did play him he put in a shift... V's and SPL side!! I hope he goes and hamilton take him, there fans cant stand the man hahaha

It should help with is little know he picked up just before preseasson... the knock he was no longer an SPL Player.. if he goes it shows his true colours... Caley Man my arse!!!

I've never understood that point of view. IMO Imrie has been nothing but loyal over the last 2 years or so.

Played his heart out in every game i have seen him play under butcher, recognises the fans every time, and is a cracking wee player (arguably our best).

Imrie can stay as long as he likes at ict as far as i am concerned, he is a bit of a legend.

I've never understood that point of view. IMO Imrie has been nothing but loyal over the last 2 years or so.

Played his heart out in every game i have seen him play under butcher, recognises the fans every time, and is a cracking wee player (arguably our best).

Imrie can stay as long as he likes at ict as far as i am concerned, he is a bit of a legend.

He never ever put in a shift for us unless he was playing a top 6 team....

'When we did play him he put in a shift...

He never ever put in a shift for us unless he was playing a top 6 team....

:017:

doh!! the top six was ment to go at the end of that one, i knew i'd missed somthing out.. should i go back and change it... nah its done now!!

Just heard on real radio that Hamilton have offered Imrie a deal, due to having the funds from Mcarthys move to Wigan available.

Didnt say how much or anything else, but that they have also put bids in for other scottish players.

Unless its for more than hes worth, i want him to stay.

Personally I'd question the source of the info. Bearing in mind that Real radio is a p!sstake station and Imrie is hated by HA fans I can just imagine Messr's Cameron and Rough p!ssing thier pants all night reading some of the comments on here. :017:

I can't see imrie going to Hamilton theyre fans hate him cos what happened to ross mccain. He certainly wouldnt be a fans favourite anyway. Hope he doesnt leave, his work rate is amazing at times. He does think he is a superstar though.. which hes definately not :017:

Wouldn't be too bothered if he went but it would be good to keep him after his last 2 performances.

He was far too inconsistent for my liking in the SPL but i think he could do the buis in Division 1.

Dougie is a good player and in all fairness probably deserves to be playing SPL football. I would miss him if he left but it'd be an understandable switch and I don't think it would "show his true colours" at all.

I'd rather get the money for him than have him taken for free if we don't win the SFL1 this season...

Dougie is a good player and in all fairness probably deserves to be playing SPL football. I would miss him if he left but it'd be an understandable switch and I don't think it would "show his true colours" at all.

I'd rather get the money for him than have him taken for free if we don't win the SFL1 this season...

that is also a good point, get the money now while we can, or some other side slides in and takes him for free when his contract runs out.... sell him!!!