Hamilton in for Dougie

Kylef

Hamilton's interest in Imrie is in the P&J today as well.

I'm sure I read they had signed 3 new players but I can only see Wesolowski being mentioned online.

Not bothered if Imrie goes to be honest, if we get a decent offer for him of course.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Daily Express is reporting that a bid of around ?40k was lodged and was rejected, quite rightly IMO.

I think Dougie is a very important player in the team and will have a huge part to play for us this season, he should only leave if a large offer comes in. He is still under contract and we do not need to sell him so why should we!

We should not even consider selling doug.

If we do take in money (probably around 70k) then we will not spend it on buying in a better player. It will disappear into the club never to be seen again. Not saying that is a bad thing but i think the club has made enough cutbacks to be able to survive without the money. If we keep doug he would be a tremoundous asset, although i know we would lose him at the end of the season for free.

I'll admit now that it looks like he is out the door.

Sod it... The way I see it is, if we sell him now then bank the cash we have spends to use in the next TX window, If he stays another year with us, and doesnt resign with us we get nothing for him hes free to go and someone else will pick up a bargin....

the money we would get from our promotion back to the spl, no doubt dougie would help immensely with that, would dwarf any money we would get for doug now.

what if we had sold dods, dargo, cowie, rankin and brown before their contracts had ran out? we would have been relegated a few years back, no doubt about it.

Hamilton are a joke. They have basically went around all the clubs that they fancy signing players from, and put in less than half a valued bid for each player - ie dougie for 40k, when id say hes easily worth 80k, then the same with Falkirk and Killie.

Hamilton are a joke. They have basically went around all the clubs that they fancy signing players from, and put in less than half a valued bid for each player - ie dougie for 40k, when id say hes easily worth 80k, then the same with Falkirk and Killie.

Don't agree, this is a valid bidding strategy, let it be known you are bidding on lots of players from different teams so you are not to worried if you don't get in this case Imrie.

Start low, so you can then be seen to increase your bid and compromise.

In the current economic climate I suspect some teams will let players go cheaply (will take 75% or so of what they would like), as they may need it to hold off creditors/avoid admin (thinking Killie).

Or Boards might think as some on here have pointed out, how many players they had to let go on a free at the end of contact, perhaps better to take some cash, before this happens.

Edited by kiltarlity

They have basically went around all the clubs that they fancy signing players from, and put in less than half a valued bid for each player

Just like the Old Firm then

Rangers: Falkirk - Alan Gow. St Mirren - Kirk Broadfoot. Kilmarnock - Naysmith, Boyd and Smith (keeper)

Celtic: ICT - Brown. Hibs - Killen.

Qutie a few more aswel. They sign players who are doing well at a club and only play a few of them and the rest sit on the bench or not even make the bench

From what Butcher is saying/not saying, it looks like a 3rd bid is being made which will be acceptable to us.

I'd think anything over ?100k and we'll accept.

Considering they've raked in over ?2.5million this summer though, i'd like to think we could get ?150k. That'd balance the books a bit.

We're actually quite well covered for wide players and forwards, so wouldn't be too fussed if he left for a decent fee.

From what Butcher is saying/not saying, it looks like a 3rd bid is being made which will be acceptable to us.

I honestly can't see where you're getting that from

He's said that he could be available if it benefits the club from selling him but I think Butcher realises a piddly fee like ?100k isn't going to get him anyone who will make the same impact with so little time until the start of the season. Imrie might leave but I wouldn't let him go for anything less than ?250k... I don't really think he's worth that but from the money they received from McCarthy & Easton we know they have plenty in the bank so we should be keeping a poker face for the moment

He's said that he could be available if it benefits the club from selling him but I think Butcher realises a piddly fee like ?100k isn't going to get him anyone who will make the same impact with so little time until the start of the season. Imrie might leave but I wouldn't let him go for anything less than ?250k... I don't really think he's worth that but from the money they received from McCarthy & Easton we know they have plenty in the bank so we should be keeping a poker face for the moment

Not a chance we will get quarter million for dougie, i think we're pushing it at a 100k.

Hamilton would just go for someone like Arfield if they were gonna spend that much on someone.

Not a chance we will get quarter million for dougie, i think we're pushing it at a 100k.

Hamilton would just go for someone like Arfield if they were gonna spend that much on someone.

depends how much you value getting back into the SPL

If it was any other SPL team I would probably accept ?100k but it is well known exactly how much money Hamilton have made recently on 2 of their players... why not hold them ransom?

If they offered ?100k for Arfield who is a better player and has 4 years of his contract left, the amount they'd offer a 1st division player in the final year of his contract will probably be about ?25k. I suspect if we can push them up to anything near ?50k we'll accept.

Kind of depends how much Butcher see's Imrie as part of the plan for return to the SPL, ?50K is not going to get you anyone else like Imrie outwith the SPL, no one else has the pace & danger he has in our team so he could be a very important player for us this season, much more important than ?50k.

depends how much you value getting back into the SPL

If it was any other SPL team I would probably accept ?100k but it is well known exactly how much money Hamilton have made recently on 2 of their players... why not hold them ransom?

Yeah they have a bit of money but they won't sign players for more than what they are worth. Obviously the more we can get the better but I think we would only get around 60k - 80k for Imrie if we are lucky.

I think we would be better of keeping him anyway, not a huge fan as i think he is very over rated but none the less has his good days.

If they offered ?100k for Arfield who is a better player and has 4 years of his contract left, the amount they'd offer a 1st division player in the final year of his contract will probably be about ?25k. I suspect if we can push them up to anything near ?50k we'll accept.

Dont be so silly mate! Dougies a vital asset to OUR club, much more than ?50k. Im thinking double that then it is worth thinking about, anything less than on yer bike!!

Hamilton need him more than they can pay is what i think. They have the funds from their out-signings, so i say hold out for a bigger bid. BUT id rather see him stay.

Im a Dougie supporter!