Caley thistle against foreign teams

KilveanLegend

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0,2 Bolton Wanderers(en)

Berwick Rangers(en) 1,1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle aet Berwick 5,3 on penalties

Lewis/Harris Select B(wi) 0,4 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Lewis/Harris Select A(wi) 1,7 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Alford Amateur(en) 0,5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 5,2 Mansfield(en)

Orkney(or) 0,9 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Berwick Rangers(en) 1,0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Benbecula(wi) 1,7 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Gretna(en) 0,5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1,1 Hartlepool(en)

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1,0  Queens Park Rangers(en)

Nykingborg(da) 2,1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Nordjsland(da) 0,1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Hornsham(da) 0,6 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1,0 Blackpool(en)

Montacianai(it) 0,12 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Tuscany(it) 0,5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0,3 Shefeild United

Wins loses draws

13      5        1

Nation Apprevation

England (en)

Italy (it)

Denmark  (da)

Western Isles (wl)

Orkney (or)

Orkney and Western Isles are taken as foreign nations because the national teams of both these nations are reconised by both the NF-Board and IGA.

Gretna and Berwick are part of England but play in the Scottish League.

Gretna is partly in Scotland and England but to make sure i have said they are in England.

I have not taken results from youth teams playing against foreign teams.

If anyone can correct me on anything here please do.

The Danish teams were Nykobing Falster Alliancen, FC Nordsjaelland and Hornbaek.

The score against QPR was 1-1 IIRC

Gretna isn't in England.

I was at the two Lewis select games. So was the guy Kerr whatsisname who used to sell the 50-50 tickets opposite the main stand. And that's about it, never mind your Berwick 17 or whatever  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

May I assure that person that Gretna is wholly in Scotland and is in the region of Dumfries and Galloway on the north side of the Solway Firth.

Secondly, I have travelled extensively around the Western Isles, indeed my family originate from Scalpay, Harris, and I have never heard of the national team from those isles. Nor, indeed, have I heard of a national team of Orkney.

Kilveanlegend, your stats are interesting but get your geography right.

I wondered if the island's "national teams" might have something to do with the Island Games, held in Shetland last time round. Maybe there are "national teams" registered from the islands for that purpose?

Ah! The IGA mentioned in the first post on this thread is the International Island Games Association, this is from their website

"The International Island Games Association is made up of 25 members who meet every two years to compete in friendly competition in 14 sports. The last Games were held on Shetland 2005 with the next Games being held in Rhodes in 2007, and Aland in 2009.

The 25 members are:

Aland

Alderney

Bermuda

Cayman Islands

Falkland Islands

Faroe Islands

Froya

Gibraltar

Gotland

Greenland

Guernsey

Hitra

Isle of Man

Isle of Wight

Jersey

Menorca

Orkney

Prince Edward Island

Rhodes

Saaremaa

Sark

Shetland Islands

St. Helena

Western Isles

Ynys Mon

Guest shennachie

My good pal tricky bills was at the last 2 island games (sheer coincidence he says) and we have decided to enter a team for the next meeting. We are representing the Tarry Isle a fine establishment next to the wee tescos. It further qualifies as it has 3 ports (ha ha )

So to join our team state your name and preferred sport.

My god where have I been?

Only a handful of these teams actually enter though. I was actually in Shetland in 2005 but just missed the games as the people we stay with were too busy helping with the games.

All the teams are amateur (I think) and getting to Shetland or any other host island must be horrendously dear for them.

I did manage to Shetland during the Tall Ships in 1999 and that was great in such a small place.

Sandy, I just copied and pasted from the IGA website, any issues you have with their list you can take up with them!

Mantis - the expense and trouble of getting to Shetland is more than made up by the amazing beauty of the place and the craziness of the inhabitants. They like to party and they're very good at it. One of my favourite holiday destinations (particularly Fair Isle)  :003: :003: :003:

Tell me about it....

I'll be going up there next Friday for 5 days. The day after I arrive, ICT just happen to be playing at the most accessible SPL stadium for your average Shetlander. Not accessible enough for me of course......

Mee, you'll appreciate the following:

Last time I was up there, Chris Stout's Faither was celebrating his 50th, while at the same time his sister was 21. They decided to have a joint party.

Now the usual thing is- hire the village hall, get some sandwiches made up, salmon spread, cucumber, that sort of thing. Hire a band or a disco.

In this case they did hire the hall, but the buffet was a table about 20 yds long covered in seafood. The whole village of Sandwick was out the previous night fishing for it, so we had smoked mackerel, squid, a whole salmon, crabs, smoked piltocks, etc etc. Instead of a band, they just got people to do guest spots, so we had Chris Stout, Gary Petersen from Hom Bru, Filska, etc all doing a massive session on stage. Then when it broke up about 1am, everybody went back to the Stouts for mair bevvy & music.

My nephew's getting married in October. The wedding's on the Friday, then the second one for friends & family is at the house the next day......