Highlights?

jugs116

thanks scotty for your link. i could watch the highlights on the first link but it was too small for my husband to see anything :lol: with his bad eyesight but he could see your link full screen using media player. many thanks ;)

On the official site if you clicked on the window twice or even right clicked then it would've gotten you the full screen.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't suggest any of our fans base a judgement of the game and ICT's performance on the highlights linked to above.

I appreciate that it's Pars produced highlights, but there's bias and there's trying to re-write history!!! ;)

Aye it's aboot time ye had highlights

It's the ither hauf who does oors..... noo see ye had the chance to talk to him aboot it yesterday if ye weren't so blooming pashed and hoolit and aw they other things that happens when ye win a game.... gaun yersels by the way it was a belter o a goal. We'll get ye next time !

There's a thread on daftnet in the Sticky Forum - it tells ye how ye can watch the highlights if yer having problems.

Enjoy.

Buffy x

What can we expect in terms of interviews with the manager this season, Charles? Going by this week - nothing at all on BBC Sport and a quick line in the newspapers.

Will you be recording post-match interviews at TCS?

I would have to emphasise that, as a humble freelance contributor, I have no part in BBC editorial policy nor an especially detailed knowledge of it. However, on past experience, it seems that the "Sportscotland" page of the website and transmissions via the airwaves generally only carry pre match interviews with SPL managers. The same situation applies post match, except perhaps in exceptional circumstances.

As far as the national media in general are concerned, one of the consequences of relegation for ICT will most certainly be a huge reduction of coverage - just as there was a huge increase on promotion in 2004.

As far as the local scene is concerned, the BBC local transmissions, where I do have editorial input, will be continue a relatively high level of coverage and in the Friday/ Monday morning preview/review we will continue to carry some interview material. However that will not be in every bulletin since there are several competing attractions in a very large transmission area, in much of which there is actually very little interest in ICT. However, I have to say that since we now have two First Division clubs in the area as opposed to one SPL and one D1, there is likely to be a degree of equalisation between coverage of ICT and Ross County.

I would imagine, however, that the Courier and the HN will continue to be in a position to give extensive coverage as before despite relegation since ICT continues to be the major interest by some way within their more localised circulation area.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

The club should be looking at putting match highlights on the web, it increases profile and could act as another revenue stream.

I am afriad fans who don't make it to most games are in for a stark reality check on media coverage, NO SFL highlights package has been agreed with the broadcasters (STV BBC) the odd live match will be on BBC ALBA as last year.

It's just not cost effective for the tv companies to show an SFL highlights package , so it's up to the clubs and the SFL to find other ways to get their product out there, surely every club should have match highlights on the net?

The league could then look at establishing a highlights package exclusively for the net, at a fraction of the cost of a tv production?

Just a thought!

couldnt someone who is willing to follow us this season wherever we are going, take a video camera, video the game then maybe post the highlights on here.

You could always introduce a small charge so that it could go towards the website costs to run it.

couldnt someone who is willing to follow us this season wherever we are going, take a video camera, video the game then maybe post the highlights on here.

You could always introduce a small charge so that it could go towards the website costs to run it.

If they to charge for the highlights they would get in some deep shoite i think.

I would have to emphasise that, as a humble freelance contributor, I have no part in BBC editorial policy nor an especially detailed knowledge of it. However, on past experience, it seems that the "Sportscotland" page of the website and transmissions via the airwaves generally only carry pre match interviews with SPL managers. The same situation applies post match, except perhaps in exceptional circumstances.

As far as the national media in general are concerned, one of the consequences of relegation for ICT will most certainly be a huge reduction of coverage - just as there was a huge increase on promotion in 2004.

As far as the local scene is concerned, the BBC local transmissions, where I do have editorial input, will be continue a relatively high level of coverage and in the Friday/ Monday morning preview/review we will continue to carry some interview material. However that will not be in every bulletin since there are several competing attractions in a very large transmission area, in much of which there is actually very little interest in ICT. However, I have to say that since we now have two First Division clubs in the area as opposed to one SPL and one D1, there is likely to be a degree of equalisation between coverage of ICT and Ross County.

I would imagine, however, that the Courier and the HN will continue to be in a position to give extensive coverage as before despite relegation since ICT continues to be the major interest by some way within their more localised circulation area.

Thanks for that Charles. As a central belt exile i don't get to hear your local bulletins very often so i'll just have to settle for TB's stream of consciousness contributions to the official website.

Aye it's aboot time ye had highlights

It's the ither hauf who does oors..... noo see ye had the chance to talk to him aboot it yesterday if ye weren't so blooming pashed and hoolit and aw they other things that happens when ye win a game.... gaun yersels by the way it was a belter o a goal. We'll get ye next time !

There's a thread on daftnet in the Sticky Forum - it tells ye how ye can watch the highlights if yer having problems.

Enjoy.

Buffy x

Have to be a member to view the sticky forum.

Anyone got any other tips to view it?

alternatively, just download the raw file from the link I posted (post 21) to your desktop and double click it ... it is WMV format but should work in most video players (i use real player and its fine on that one).

i thought that scotty and ive tried that, but nothings happened for me, which i am even myself surprised about. Neither with Windows media player or quick time either.

Used to have other players that played this sort of stuff, so ill try the vlc one.

Guest Mahonio

I am having problems with this download. When i try to play it a message comes up telling me that Windows Media Player can't play the file. It then goes on to say "The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file".

Can someone help me because i have not seen the goal or highlights yet because North Tonight didn't bloody show them :D :P :( :( :( :( .

I'm trying to upload it to youtube, it should be done by the morning.

hope you asked permission from the guy who filmed it !!! copyright and all that :D

I am having problems with this download. When i try to play it a message comes up telling me that Windows Media Player can't play the file. It then goes on to say "The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file".

Can someone help me because i have not seen the goal or highlights yet because North Tonight didn't bloody show them :D :P :( :( :( :( .

Get yourself VLC Media Player. It always seems to manage the "tricky" videos ok....and it's free!!!

If they to charge for the highlights they would get in some deep shoite i think.

Not sure but aren't there a few team forums that do this though? Pretty sure Dumpdee do it anyways.

there an add-on to be run to watch the highlights.

what a shame that ICT dont provide higlights

come on ICt get your finger out. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride

What add-on is it?

I can't seem to get those highlights working. Any tips?

i assume your seeing the media player and it wont play. Try looking at the top of the page, it may need you to run an application ( active X i think) click this, if not just refresh the page. this should work now

"Any Footage must only be displayed on the Club's official website and not on any supporter controlled or other independent website. In addition, clubs are not permitted to provide a link to any other independent websites (e.g. Google, You Tube etc.) which will enable these websites to display SFL copyrighted footage. "

Re having trouble viewing the highlights from our site,here are a few suggestions:

1. For buffering slowness :

right click on internet explorer, tools, options, click performance tab, under network buffering click buffer tab increase to 60.

2. If you're getting a codec error :

http://download.cnet.com/Media-Player-Code....html?tag=mncol

3. for the latest version of Internet Explorer:

www.msn.com

4. If you're on IE it sometimes helps to just press refresh.

5. To view the whole screen, double click on the screen / right click and use zoom.

Hope this helps. It's not the programme for the highlights thats at fault, it's folk's computers as some folk can view them and some can't.

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Edited by buffy