Donald MacKintosh RIP

old caley girl

NO not Neils dad. This Donald was from Fort Augustus and probably played late 40's early 50's. He knew my grandfather George Munro who was chairman at the time so I think this time period was correct. I also believe he was a really good shinty player as well

Like you Charles I thought it was Neils dad. The Donnie we knew was a friend of my parents and lived for a long time in Bruce Gardens just a few doors away from my Gran and granda. He was also my boss in The P&J office in Rangemore Road where I was a young message boy delivering The Evening Express. As you said he played with Rangers in the fifties although I don't think he made it to the first team(could be wrong though). Charles if you get any more info from your newspaper colleagues or from Neil about Donnie I would love to here how he is doing.

NO not Neils dad. This Donald was from Fort Augustus and probably played late 40's early 50's. He knew my grandfather George Munro who was chairman at the time so I think this time period was correct. I also believe he was a really good shinty player as well

Must have been 40's I think, because even I don't remember him. There was a MacIntosh at left half in Caley's all star team of 50/51, but I'm pretty sure he was Bobby. However, I stand to be corrected as the old memory is not as good as it once was!

Like you Charles I thought it was Neils dad. The Donnie we knew was a friend of my parents and lived for a long time in Bruce Gardens just a few doors away from my Gran and granda. He was also my boss in The P&J office in Rangemore Road where I was a young message boy delivering The Evening Express. As you said he played with Rangers in the fifties although I don't think he made it to the first team(could be wrong though). Charles if you get any more info from your newspaper colleagues or from Neil about Donnie I would love to here how he is doing.

DITD... the only time I ever met Donnie was about six or seven years ago at an athletics match where his grandaughter (Neil's daughter Robyn) was running. We did an interview which ended up as a feature in The Courier.

CMIB... I'm sure it was 50s because I recollect that he was winning races out of the park for the High School up until about 1952.