The doom & gloom thread

tm4tj

A defeat by Livi and the doom & gloom boys are at it already. There was even a guy somewhere behind me shouting for Charlie to go.....unbelievable. Seats get damaged, allegedly, talk of us playing rubbish, how could Livi possibly beat us, we should be beating teams like that, the ref was against us.....(well at least that part is true), a nightmare, meaningless games ahead, squad rotation, we were shite, genuine three pointer what went wrong, peoples brains being done in, our season is now fecked, the list goes on............woahhh, hold on a minute, sit back and listen to ourselves. When did we ever have the divine right to just turn up and walk away with three points in the back pocket, never.

We had an away fixture in the SPL and we lost to the home team. Thats all that happened, nothing sinister, no wrong doings, no cheating, although the ref tried hard to spoil the game, no pathetic performances, nothing..............WE LOST A BLOODY GAME, THATS ALL THAT HAPPENED, gosh, look at me, I'm shouting now. I am as disappointed as anyone about the result, but take a step back and reflect on the game. It was a reasonably entertaining affair with Livi starting brightly and threatening our goal in the first few minutes, Brown looking lively to push a couple of attempts away We eventually got to grips with it and Barry had an effort pushed wide for a corner, from the resultant cross, Tokely rose highest to power a header home, here we go, chants of easy and all the usual tomfoolery. Wee Hoolihan though was turning Morgan inside out a few times and Whelan, despite the moronic chants of Alkie, led their line well, he crossed for Britten to power a header from the floated cross high into the net, good finish. Dargo missed an opportunity to make Mackenzie work after a neat cut back from Rossco, but he skied the ball, best chance of the game so far. Second half belonged to us, apart from scoring more goals than them, a sort of pre requisite of winning the match. We passed on numerous attempts to score, Wyness the main culprit, having one cleared off the line, should have done better, must try harder on his report card. We bacame more and more frantic in our attempts to score as the game wore on, we had a complete stranglehold on the game, or so we thought, surely Livi, the worst team on earth would not have the temerity to score against the MIGHTY ICT, or would they. Couple of touches up the park and ball nestled neatly behind Scotland Scotlands number one. They hardly showed in this half yet our dreams were in tatters....what a cheek they had, beating the MIGHTY ICT. We became more desperate, Rory replacing Hart and the poor lad was caught cold a couple of times, rushing a couple of attempts but almost redeeming himself with a flashing header near the end. In fact had it not been for Tokelys tackle of the year, I kid you not, they might have finished us off big style, what a tackle you have there big boy. Still, we gave it a go but the final whistle ended our hopes, or was it the Dons winning, either way we will not be in the top six. What a crushing anti climax for some guys, however, cheer up, worse things happen at sea. The game was entertaining, probably exciting, maybe not the most skillful you will witness, but it had an edge to it, and the only thing that was wrong for me was the result.

So, get it off your chest now, come on here, have your moan, then get back to reality. We are still in the SPL, and no one can stop us doing it all over again next year. Top six, Europe, winning cups..........come on, without knocking our clubs ambitions, can anyone really see us being anywhere else in the league, we have arrived, this is about as good as it will get for the foreseeable future, the downside will come when we are staving off relegation, then we will have something to moan about. If you attended yesterdays game, you would have seen the effort the guys put in, and we can't really grudge poor old Livi their points, they battled equally as hard and got their reward. Disappointed, yes.........disgruntled no.

:bawling:

edited to add the word allegedly

I totaly agree and i think i am ready to swallow my pride and admit i was wrong for some of what i said on the 'Disgrace' post back on the old board. It wasn't until today that i realised that calling for CC's head won't achieve anything and i actualy took a look around me saying nothing a few times as everyone went nuts at the players ref and often CC. This image showed me i was wrong and i hold my hands up now as i know i was out of order for some comments. The performance that night at dunfermline was a disgrace but some of what i said was uncalled for. Top six just wasn't meant to be and that is that. i am actualy not that annoyed we didn't get top six but proud we were there challenging for it.

The kick in the teeth yesterday though was when EWS and i went to get the train back we just missed one and the next one an hour away didn't go all the way to Central so had to wait another hour after that and an hour journey back into Glasgow. Took us 3 hours from getting to livi train station to getting into glasgow :x

"The kick in the teeth yesterday though was when EWS and i went to get the train back we just missed one and the next one an hour away didn't go all the way to Central so had to wait another hour after that and an hour journey back into Glasgow. Took us 3 hours from getting to livi train station to getting into glasgow"

Blame Gringo... :blah:

So this is where you reply Hoch Hoch--I feel comfortable already after nearly having a melt-down trying to find my way around.

As I said before this may be a blessing in disguise since are ICT Really ready for the reallly big games/the big time. Disappointing for many , me included, of course--a bit deflated I have to admit but this may give them a chance to regroup.

To be perfectly honest my main fear is that the remaining games in the season will turn out to be like last year with non-sterling performances from Caley Thistle. But from all accounts they are still working as hard as ever and lady luck has to show her face eventually so hopefully they won't slip down the league and will emerge with their pride intact.

And there is always another day :notworthy:

Damaging seats allegedly? There is no allegedly about it, it was a ******* disgrace that these neds did it. There was a guy next to me who was clearly trying to kick a seat in. I hope the club gets fined for this, might make these little runts stand up and think what they are doing.

Congratulations to the old man who turned round and said something about it, hooligans is not what we want at this club.

tm4tj, I nominate you for making the best post on the new site, so far. I totally agree with what you say. Livi have been unlucky for a number of games and were due to beat someone, unfortunately it was us.

We paid the penalty for some slack defending and not taking our numerous chances.

Damaging seats allegedly? There is no allegedly about it, it was a ******* disgrace that these neds did it. There was a guy next to me who was clearly trying to kick a seat in. I hope the club gets fined for this, might make these little runts stand up and think what they are doing.

Congratulations to the old man who turned round and said something about it, hooligans is not what we want at this club.

This would be me again I take it? I shall just C n P my post from the SN site.

"What I did was no more than slam one of the seats as we missed yet another chance and then slumped back in it. Trying to wreck the stadium? Don't make me laugh. You make it sound like I was jumping up and down on the thing waiting for it to snap.

It was borne out of pure frustration and nothing more than that. The Livi steward said nothing to me about the seats. He asked me to watch my language which was colourful to say the least I don't deny that at all but after the warning I toned it down.

I do know a couple of folk that were ripping the steward as he went back down the steps with some bouts of colourful language. Bit hard to take him seriously about swearing at games when he swore at me! :lol: "

Well what I saw, there was no "slumping back into the seat." The incident I saw was someone trying to put their foot through the seat many times, you weren't even standing next to me, you were standing behind me, and the seat you were "slamming" was next to me. So by slamming it, then slumping back into it, you were doing a grand job.

It didn't happen once either, it happened more then once. And there were more seats then that done in.

So there was more than one person starting on the Livi seats then on Saturday allegedly?

The old man turned round and said something to me but the only time I even came close to attacking the seat was just like in the post I made there but perhaps also when I nearly fell down the stand when we scored and there was a rush of fans across the stand to celebrate.

Andrew didn't put in any seats. The putting in of seats Alex is refering to took place up the back row to your and our right andrew. It was the little neds who looked about my age or younger. It wasn't a case of they got frustrated because of what was on the pitch. One person put his foot right through a seat and then the others around him decided to do becuase they thought it looked fun. Being the little neddy p****s they are :roll: