New announcer dude on the park

tm4tj

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching/listening from the TV gantry and it sounded OK over the PA (10/10 for effort!). HT scores would be the only suggestion. Talking to the crowd is BRILLIANT. No other ground does it (I think)... I would just not be so quick to silence the dissenters (the away fans love it!). That is all.

I was watching/listening from the TV gantry and it sounded OK over the PA (10/10 for effort!). HT scores would be the only suggestion. Talking to the crowd is BRILLIANT. No other ground does it (I think)... I would just not be so quick to silence the dissenters (the away fans love it!). That is all.

I think issuing him with, say a .357 magnum as well as a microphone would make dispatching dissenters really quite fun. I'm sure they don't do that in any other ground in Scotland (maybe Greenock....) The away fans might not love that quite as much

Heres a brain fart idea for you CaleyD, IF the county score was going against them... when say someone was being subbed, you could say.. Substatution for ICT "Player" off, Player on.. Ross county are getting pumped... this would no doute get the fans going.... if its not going our way just say nothing..... MORAL BOOSTASTIC

I think what CaleyD was wearing is totally irrelevant.

I think it was as it made him stand out more, and it was a bit of a moral boost!

I don't think he needed a hideous tie-dyed t-shirt to stand out...

Caley D whose pies did your t-shirt refer to "internal pies" or the one we pay for?

was he doing the same again last night ;)

• 5 months later...

I was (officially) sacked from my (voluntary) Stadium Announcers position on Friday afternoon, although I had already been tipped off as others knew in the morning that it was going to happen....even though the decision wasn't apparently made until a meeting of the Board at Friday lunchtime!!!

On Monday 11th January I was asked to stay back after another meeting by Darren where I was told that the Board were effectively issuing me with a warning that I refrain from posting any negative comments about the club and it's finances on the forum or I would be removed as Stadium Announcer. I refused to accept any gagging order and, as Darren could not provide any specifics about what it was I had said which had upset them, I suggested that it might be an idea that I meet them to see what the problem was.....this meeting never happened and nothing else was said....until yesterday.

I had been out and about all day and noticed about 5 o'clock that I had a voice message on my phone. It was from Darren saying I needed to call him as a matter of urgency. I returned his call and was told that following the Board meeting that afternoon he had been instructed to remove me as Stadium Announcer.

I had been due to do the PA for the U21 Rugby match on the 5th February, something which the SRU had contacted me directly about and I would have been working for and being paid by them. Darren informed me that he had contacted the SRU to say that I was no longer available...in effect, interfering with a private contract and denying me the income deriving from that.

When I asked what if I would still be welcome to go in to the Stadium to do other things I was involved with like the video for the match highlights and the live twitter updates he did not know....apologies to those who rely on the Twitter feed, but now you know why they were few and far between today (Scotty had been doing them based on news coming in from other sources). I also asked if I had been banned from the Stadium altogether and he did not know. I'm still awaiting the call confirming those two situations and thought it best I remain away from TCS to prevent any problems....although I very much doubt I would have had any motivation to attend anyway.

I avoided posting anything on the matter last night. In light of the snow falling outside I had an inkling the club would need volunteers to clear the pitch today and I did not wish the treatment of this one volunteer to put others off from doing their part and I certainly didn't want the finger being pointed at me for poisoning people against helping out and ensuring the game went ahead......I hope all volunteers today were vetted on the way in to ensure none of them had ever said anything negative about the club?

I appreciate that the club are within their rights to dispose of my services, what stinks is the manner in which it has been done and the fact that many issues have been overlooked and not taken into consideration....very likely for reasons of self preservation. However, because I choose not to hide behind an anonymous username when speaking my mind it would appear that I have been singled out from among those connected to the club who post on here.....such is life.

I had been due to do the PA for the U21 Rugby match on the 5th February, something which the SRU had contacted me directly about and I would have been working for and being paid by them. Darren informed me that he had contacted the SRU to say that I was no longer available...in effect, interfering with a private contract and denying me the income deriving from that.

The whole thing absolutely stinks, but

That is completely out of order.