New announcer dude on the park

tm4tj

I think how dire the financial state of the club is, to sack CaleyD for his information on it which now obviously seems to be the truth

There is a quite a few things i personally know about the club and how it is being run at the moment which i always said i will keep to myself but if things dont change very quickly i will put them out into the public domain and the club know the information that i know of, and its in there best interest that i do not release this information

I have tried to back the club i have loved since i was a wee loon (being only 18 now it aint that long) as i believe we should support the club, but the way things are being run at the moment and speaking to people who work for the club (coaching staff, players etc) its quite frankly becoming a shambles and i have frankly had enough

It's going to kill me to do this but after this morning when i found this information that CaleyD has been sacked, i decided that this will be my last home game i go to until its been sorted and will know only be attending away games, i know people will slate me saying i aint a true fan, but believe me if you knew the information that i know, you would totally understand

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressed with the compilation and v funny.

I would say that Caley D has been the most passionate announcer in a long time and its a shame he has been relieved of his duties,its a shame that his services are no longer required, It must have been a difficult decision and Darren of course has got the short straw, but if you have someone working for you paid or unpaid who has a conflict of interest, no matter how good they are at their job,if they then, publicly slate their employer it is guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers.

And the conflict of interest is where, exactly? Has CaleyD ever in public trashed the plonkers who run ICT?

This forum requires that you join before you can read...therefore it is NOT a public forum......NOT A PUBLIC FORUM! Nothing CaleyD has ever said re the ICT board has been viewable by anyone but members.

I think very little of any member of the ICT board if they join a fans' forum only to spy on what is being said without the decency/ability/will to take on board what is being said...and even less if they are encouraging ICT minions to report back to them (though the minions kinda need to look at themselves as well if they would like to claim a semblance of decency).

Being a cynic par excellence......I do wonder if CaleyD has been skirting the truth, and the board are not too happy with that......methinks that penalising people for their opinions means that those opinions are nearer to the bone than the board are prepared to admit.

The whole thing is little short of a disgrace and does make one wonder what the board is trying to hide.

I have tried to back the club i have loved since i was a wee loon (being only 18 now it aint that long) as i believe we should support the club, but the way things are being run at the moment and speaking to people who work for the club (coaching staff, players etc) its quite frankly becoming a shambles and i have frankly had enough

It's going to kill me to do this but after this morning when i found this information that CaleyD has been sacked, i decided that this will be my last home game i go to until its been sorted and will know only be attending away games, i know people will slate me saying i aint a true fan, but believe me if you knew the information that i know, you would totally understand

I'm now quite curious about what it is that you know about the club, it sounds troubling, whatever it is. As for the club "becoming a shambles", I remember worrying about this almost a decade ago, when I wasn't much older than you are now. Unfortunately, things have got worse in the last ten years and instead of growing and becoming more organised and developed it has very obviously got more disorganised. "Becoming a shambles"? It already is a shambles, and has been for a long time.

12th Man makes a fair point, but it's not as if I was any different now than I was when I started doing the announcing so they knew exactly what they were getting and when I talked to Mike Smith about it at the time my "opinionated" nature was discussed and was deemed not to be an issue as he trusted that when I stepped over the door then I left those opinions behind and picked them back up again on the way out.

Those I have ever had dealings with at the club know that if they tell me something in confidence it remains in confidence and if they want information passed on then I'm happy to pass it on. Most of the time that information comes by way of an "official" notice/statement and sometimes it comes as a "it might be good if the fans knew this but we don't want to make an official comment". It wasn't uncommon for me to stop people during conversations and tell them not to tell me things because I didn't want to be the one it came back on when the Inverness Grapevine kicked in.

I like to think that I give credit where it's due and any criticism is constructive and I'm always willing to back that up with actions and do my bit to help where I can....I'm also not so naive as to think that when I criticise it doesn't hack a few people off.

"It's only one side of the story" is often a line trotted out in defence of the club....but why does it have to be only one side, and why is it that we rarely here things from the club first and when we do the communications are often contradictory and full of holes? "Conspiracy Theories" and "Speculation" are other favourites among the defenders of the realm....all I say to that is that they wouldn't be needed if the club talked TOO us and not AT us in an open and honest manner.

So yeah, as I said in my first post on this earlier, I appreciate the club were within their rights (setting aside the SRU issue)....but had they taken the time to talk to me and explain the exact nature of their concerns then we might have been able to sort something out or come to some agreement. Instead they chose to remain behind their wall of silence and send someone else out to do their dirty work.

How would you react if your Manager came to you and said you were sacked because the Directors didn't like something you had said in the pub, but he couldn't tell you exactly what it was and the Directors weren't willing to discuss it with you? And what if you'd heard about it over a cuppa with friends in the canteen hours before you had been told officially?

It's not what they did, it's how they went about it.

It must have been a difficult decision and Darren of course has got the short straw, but if you have someone working for you paid or unpaid who has a conflict of interest, no matter how good they are at their job,if they then, publicly slate their employer it is guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers.

Was there a specific post of CD's directed to his employers, which you felt was unfair, or inaccurate

If so, which?

You have used the words unfair and inaccurate, I don't know why these words have been used ? If you publicly question the competence of the person that you work for paid or unpaid it is bound to ruffle a few feathers, I have never stated that CDs comments were unfair or inaccurate.

I do feel for CD,being released like this by the club that he loves but cant really see a good out come, Unfair dismissal ? I doubt he would want to be reinstated now anyway.

nothing short of a joke! The board has totally lost the plot and are ruining the heart and sole of the club. The way they have treated caleyd is pathetic and cowardly.

Protesting about the board, pre kick off at the next home game might perk them up a bit to the fans greavences but i think fans should still attend the match as this situation has nothing to do with the lads that bust a gut on the pitch!

12th Man makes a fair point, but it's not as if I was any different now than I was when I started doing the announcing so they knew exactly what they were getting and when I talked to Mike Smith about it at the time my "opinionated" nature was discussed and was deemed not to be an issue as he trusted that when I stepped over the door then I left those opinions behind and picked them back up again on the way out.

Those I have ever had dealings with at the club know that if they tell me something in confidence it remains in confidence and if they want information passed on then I'm happy to pass it on. Most of the time that information comes by way of an "official" notice/statement and sometimes it comes as a "it might be good if the fans knew this but we don't want to make an official comment". It wasn't uncommon for me to stop people during conversations and tell them not to tell me things because I didn't want to be the one it came back on when the Inverness Grapevine kicked in.

I like to think that I give credit where it's due and any criticism is constructive and I'm always willing to back that up with actions and do my bit to help where I can....I'm also not so naive as to think that when I criticise it doesn't hack a few people off.

"It's only one side of the story" is often a line trotted out in defence of the club....but why does it have to be only one side, and why is it that we rarely here things from the club first and when we do the communications are often contradictory and full of holes? "Conspiracy Theories" and "Speculation" are other favourites among the defenders of the realm....all I say to that is that they wouldn't be needed if the club talked TOO us and not AT us in an open and honest manner.

So yeah, as I said in my first post on this earlier, I appreciate the club were within their rights (setting aside the SRU issue)....but had they taken the time to talk to me and explain the exact nature of their concerns then we might have been able to sort something out or come to some agreement. Instead they chose to remain behind their wall of silence and send someone else out to do their dirty work.

How would you react if your Manager came to you and said you were sacked because the Directors didn't like something you had said in the pub, but he couldn't tell you exactly what it was and the Directors weren't willing to discuss it with you? And what if you'd heard about it over a cuppa with friends in the canteen hours before you had been told officially?

It's not what they did, it's how they went about it.

Lets get a mob after these ********! B)

I edited your post as it was out of line. Regardless of any thoughts and opinions on how good, bad or indifferent they might have been, they stepped in to assist at the last moment and don't deserve any grief for doing their bit.

ictdavid, I suspect someone was yanking your chain. If ICT's books show any payment for a Stadium Announcer so far this season, I can assure you that money has not been coming to me.

here that's no way to speck about jud haha anyway what he told me tonight there looking for someone else full time ?85 per game same as caley D. So much for ur free time caleyd

I'm as sure as I can be that CaleyD hasn't received a penny for the work he has done this season.

Well well, the board are at it again. You know, I live in China, and I hear about these things time from time, but,as I said, I am in a country that has no elections...

I'm very disappointed about this, it is petty, sad, and wrong

Petty: This is a forum, visited by ICT fans, it is not the Houses of Parliament, or The One show, it is a member forum, and independent from the club. Should CaleyD have written in the matchday programme, or the official site, yep...bye bye. But he didn't

Sad: A phonecall? That's it? And going so far as to cancel the SRU game? Sad.

Wrong: You do not treat your customers badly. What on earth do they think they are running? ICT is not a gulag! People choose to go there.

Im furious. Darren, if you or someone who took this action is reading, i have a question. What do you think your job is? Is it to alienate fans? Is it to lose season ticket holders? Is it to make a mockery of ICT? Is it to embarass everyone associated with the club? If so, job well done.

I'm not going to ICT anymore. Period.

(Haven't heard the other side of the story....never will...no point waiting for it, is there?)

Edited by Kirishima

Shoddy way to treat a volunteer. I wonder if enthusiasm will be as high for snow clearing when next required.

btw Have you seen this amusing youtube video called ICT Boardroom ?

Caley D, I understand and appreciate that you may not wish to answer this and indeed have a perfectly entitled right not to answer this, however were you involved in posting this or any other similar video on Youtube?

This relates to matters I heard yesterday regarding the reasons for your 'dismissal'?

I'am worried that this aint the last thing our board will do to unravel us.

Really sorry to read this CaleyD. For what it's worth i think the board has been very petty and rather cowardly in their approach towards it. And i do hope that one way or another that you get back out on the touchline and do your thing.

The treatment of a volunteer in this way is nothing short of a disgrace. The board, by doing this, have made it very clear to me that they do have something to hide and have not given any counter reactions to things being said. It appears to me that they are treating the club as a pawn in some kind of high stakes game and it is now time for the game to finish and let someone in who really cares about the club. Actions like this by those faceless and gutless board members responible for this debacle will turn fans away/against from the club. Maybe thats what they want and for the club to disappear all together. Family club??? My erse it is.

I don't suppose there will be any kind of statment as to why Don was sacked. Probably not high enough up the food chain to warrant it. Surely though given that someone there reads this board they will see how much this has upset fans and at least come out with some sort of reasoning for the sacking. Then again probably not. :)

Oz647 - good point. We all know that members of the board (and/or their cronies) read these forums, and we all know that Darren (and possibly others) have posted on the site before. therefore there should be no excuses as to not speak up and offer their version of events and how they came to their conclusions.

So the tyrant's at it again. is he? Pretty pathetic stuff really. Really just proves my point the other day that there isn't a competent person sitting on the Board of Directors.

How do we start a vote of no confidence in the whole lot? Or do we actually need someone to take the Tyrant away from his position of "absolute power"?