New announcer dude on the park

tm4tj

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think removing someone from a position within an organisation for making comments out with that position which may be detrimental to an organisation or it's owners is as bad as is being made out here. CaleyD's comments made on here may or may not be true, they may or may not be justified but to think that any employer be it of a voluntary position or paid one would put up with a constant stream of accusations aimed at the person who has invested the most into that organisation is a little naive to say the least.

EDIT- This post and my following post have been edited to reflect the fact that CaleyD has indeed acknowledged his former employers rights, my point is more aimed at those who are getting incredibly wound up by the circumstances.

So you are saying that the ICT board's rights extend to one, other or a minion joining a fan's forum and reporting on what was said in private?

Because this forum does require joining to read posts.........if it didn't I would probably not be here....got loads of other stuff to occupy my online time.

As far as I am concerned....if CaleyD had done something to offend in public.....then he can take the consequences.

However....as far as I can see......this forum is not a public one as I define public.......so, to read what is being said about anything at all it does require joining.

Therefore, if you want to do logic........somebody has joined and has reported back to the ICT board....otherwise they would have no more idea of CaleyD's opinions than I would if I was reading without joining. ....and believe me.........if I could have read posts without joining I would have.

Nothing to do with rights, imo.....more to do with decency. Yep, if someone involved, even in a voluntary capacity in ICT has trashed them in public...then I would have no problems with them being penalised.

However, what long standing members might have forgotten....this is most definitely not a public forum....so if anyone joins in order to gain information as to fans' opinions in order to keep the Board informed........they are spying. Simple as.

Revbirdog, do you not do logic.....or are you an ICT board apologist?

I was surprised to read this tonight. No fans = no club.

The reverse is also true, no club = no fans. Boycotting games would cause more damage than good. As CaleyD has stated he has no issue with being let go, just the manner in which it happened. I suspect Darren was in an awkward position and couldn't be seen to be supporting an individual who was questioning his employers motives whether it was in public or not. A free to join forum is about as public as you can get nowadays without a soapbox.

I'd like to thank CaleyD for his contribution at TCS.

Cheers CaleyD

:P :clapping04: :clapping04:

The muppets are on their way out - plans are in place. :P

Not sure if you just made a random comment but it ur comment was truthful, i have also heard the same rumour and had been wondering if anyone else had heard it

Any of you lads like to share your info with the rest of us ?

???

Anyone

Please don't take the fact that I appreciate the clubs rights as being any kind of acceptance of the situation. The only reason I've not given any opinion and stuck to the facts when answering is because I'm stuck somewhere between anger and disappointment in regards to the whole thing (both with myself and the club).

Should I have accepted the gagging order in order to allow me to continue as the announcer and work on getting the online video highlights project off the ground and all the other things I was doing and working towards? That's the question I am wrestling with at the moment....although it's irrelevant now as what's done is done.

However, I feel like my refusal to accept it means that it's the fans who will lose out because I see little motivation or ability within the club to make these other things happen....and for that I apologise.

Don, you didn't do anything wrong.

The senior executives have taken to acting on forum posts from the internet to sack not just a volunteer but someone who many would regard as a representative of the fans by phone without any due process, discussion or explanation.

Don't lose sight of that fact. It's as irrational and ludicrous as it sounds.

Wouldn't it be great if CD got a job behind the bar there! haha

Now, that, would be absolute class. :P

Please don't take the fact that I appreciate the clubs rights as being any kind of acceptance of the situation. The only reason I've not given any opinion and stuck to the facts when answering is because I'm stuck somewhere between anger and disappointment in regards to the whole thing (both with myself and the club).

Should I have accepted the gagging order in order to allow me to continue as the announcer and work on getting the online video highlights project off the ground and all the other things I was doing and working towards? That's the question I am wrestling with at the moment....although it's irrelevant now as what's done is done.

However, I feel like my refusal to accept it means that it's the fans who will lose out because I see little motivation or ability within the club to make these other things happen....and for that I apologise.

It's not you that should be apologizing Don. Those that did this to you should come on and explain their actions. They should also explain why they have no interest whatsoever in the fans that support out club. I find their actions deplorable. They do visit this sight to 'spy' (as mentioned above in this thread) and will be well aware of the fans feelings on this issue. Its about time they gave their side of the story. Maybe they can't type / write..or its probably the fact they haven't got the balls.

I do not think removing someone from a position within an organisation for making comments out with that position which may be detrimental to an organisation or it's owners is as bad as is being made out here. CaleyD's comments made on here may or may not be true, they may or may not be justified but to think that any employer be it of a voluntary position or paid one would put up with a constant stream of accusations aimed at the person who has invested the most into that organisation is a little naive to say the least.

EDIT- This post and my following post have been edited to reflect the fact that CaleyD has indeed acknowledged his former employers rights, my point is more aimed at those who are getting incredibly wound up by the circumstances.

So you are saying that the ICT board's rights extend to one, other or a minion joining a fan's forum and reporting on what was said in private?

Because this forum does require joining to read posts.........if it didn't I would probably not be here....got loads of other stuff to occupy my online time.

As far as I am concerned....if CaleyD had done something to offend in public.....then he can take the consequences.

However....as far as I can see......this forum is not a public one as I define public.......so, to read what is being said about anything at all it does require joining.

Therefore, if you want to do logic........somebody has joined and has reported back to the ICT board....otherwise they would have no more idea of CaleyD's opinions than I would if I was reading without joining. ....and believe me.........if I could have read posts without joining I would have.

Nothing to do with rights, imo.....more to do with decency. Yep, if someone involved, even in a voluntary capacity in ICT has trashed them in public...then I would have no problems with them being penalised.

However, what long standing members might have forgotten....this is most definitely not a public forum....so if anyone joins in order to gain information as to fans' opinions in order to keep the Board informed........they are spying. Simple as.

Revbirdog, do you not do logic.....or are you an ICT board apologist?

Membership of this forum is very much public due to the fact that any member of the public is welcome to join all you need is an email address, no checks are required as to identity of prospective members and membership is not restricted. Even CaleyD has proclaimed his acceptance of the rights of his former employers to take the action which they did. So by your logic and by your statement that if he had done something to offend the board in public he should suffer the consequences you are also in agreement with the board.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, CaleyD didnt just make up the stuff he was posting, he got it from hanging around the club (doing stuff for us Fans), and am sure folk at the club talking.

Now CaleyD as a member of the forum, supporters Club and the likes, who has a love for the Team isnt going to just sit on the info.

I saw his posts as a way for our problems to be discussed, now IMO then, the people that should have been sacked should have been... The lads/lassies who leaked the info to CaleyD, These people who may have been giving up the info as a way of getting it to the Fans i dont know.....

I enjoyed your Crack on game day, as cringe worthy as it may have seemed to some, i thought it was just a bit of fun.

Thank you for atleast trying for the club you know and love.

Edited by Georgeios

This thread seems to be going awry!!

Basically CaleyD seems to have been treated shamefully, I agree with Odd quine , this is a forum for people to air there views, NOT to be used by the powers that be (and I use the term loosley) as an excuse to get rid of someone who obviously loves the club, wears his heart on his sleeve, but still; gets *hat on

Ok some of his posts are pedantic, not many shades of grey !! its either or. But my point still is this, we have a forum where, what you say here should stay here, not be used as a rather weak excuse by whoever, to deny someone who has given a lot to the club, and I guess if asked would come back tomorrow. The banning order seems over the top.

Don't go to the press Don you are above that, don't give them any PR, we have enough negativvity

You could get a radio mike and stand outside the ground, tap into their frequency, and cause utter bedlam!! Now there's a thought

Edited by latviaman

Correct me if I'm wrong but, CaleyD didnt just make up the stuff he was posting, he got it from hanging around the club (doing stuff for us Fans), and am sure folk at the club talking.

Now CaleyD as a member of the forum, supporters Club and the likes, who has a love for the Team isnt going to just sit on the info.

I saw his posts as a way for our problems to be discussed, now IMO then, the people that should have been sacked should have been... The lads/lassies who leaked the info to CaleyD, These people who may have been giving up the info as a way of getting it to the Fans i dont know.....

I enjoyed your Crack on game day, as cringe worthy as it may have seemed to some, i thought it was just a bit of fun.

Thank you for atleast trying for the club you know and love.

Caley D has been posting about these issue long before he got the stadium announcers job so I would doubt very much if he got his info from hanging around the club and talking to the people there.

This leads to one of my big issues of the whole thing, he has was raising issues about the club before he got the job so why did they employ him if they didn't like it, is it because they thought he would shut up if they gave him the job?

Stevico, that just shows how much homework they did before he got the job haha.

I just think its bad crack, what next.... Banned from TCS for bad mouthing a Board Member, while clearing the snow off the pitch.

When the call goes out of help, I'll bet a few that go and help are posters on here.. Who have negitive things to say about the board/Managment/way we are run, but have the Team in there heart. what are the club going to do when people stop offering services due to the way they are treated/thanked..

(here goes the "real fans would do it for free" All im saying is some, some up to need to stop and just have a look down at us and see what some actually do for the club, time, effort, money and heart...

how do they repay that>?

Don could you please confirm something because it seems that there are a lot of Chinese whispers cropping up in this thread?

Have you been banned from the stadium for non official business? or are you still welcome to enter for the reason of watching a sporting or entertainment event?

I have read at least three posts now which say you are banned but none from yourself, if you are banned then I feel that I will boycotting TCS until your rights to watch ICT/SRU/Rod Stewart are reinstated.

As I understand it, Don does not know whether he is banned from the stadium or not. The question was asked when he was sacked, but as a third party was having to do the dirty work, the response was one of uncertainty until the board had been consulted. Whether the board have issued an edict on the matter yet I dont know.

From my own point of view I can understand the "why" in the same way that Don himself does but I cannot support the "how", which was cowardly, shameful, and sleekit. A little more respect drains away ........ soon there will be none left.

I also fear for the future of several projects we had either started talking about, had already lined up jointly with the club (audio/video) or have in operation already (twitter updates etc). Whilst both myself and Don are pushing for them and take equal roles in getting things setup on the web, it is Don who is on the ground getting it done and without him around the stadium, these will likely not continue as no-one will be remotely interested in picking up the slack. I very much doubt anyone considered the ripple effect on other projects when making this decision.

As I understand it, Don does not know whether he is banned from the stadium or not. The question was asked when he was sacked, but the response was one of uncertainty until the board had been consulted. Whether the board have issued an edict on the matter yet I dont know.

From my own point of view I can understand the "why" in the same way that Don himself does but I cannot support the "how", which was cowardly, shameful, and sleekit. A little more respect drains away ........ soon there will be none left.

I also fear for the future of several projects we had either started talking about, had already lined up jointly with the club (audio/video) or have in operation already (twitter updates etc). Whilst both myself and Don are pushing for them and take equal roles in getting things setup on the web, it is Don who is on the ground getting it done and without him around the stadium, these will likely not continue as no-one will be remotely interested in picking up the slack. I very much doubt anyone considered the ripple effect on other projects when making this decision.

I agree it was a poor manner in which this sacking was carried out but some of the responsibility for the ripple effects must lie with Don himself, surely? Don has been outspoken in his views, they may be true or otherwise I do not know. Don must have known the effect that these views would have on the club/website relationship, he would be naive to think otherwise and if the projects which you guys were working on were of a higher priority than getting the information he held out then surely he should have sat on this info until the projects were fully in place?

Talking about the information which has led to Don's removal from the announcers position, would you (Don) care to bring all that information into one place or at least post a thread with links to all the information you have given us with regard to the way in which the club is run. The problem I am having is actually finding the snippets, which seem to be all over the place, I would like to see all these wee bits of the puzzle and piece them together myself because at the moment I am relying on memory and my brain is piecing these memories together I know this is a very very unreliable way in which to try to come to any conclusion as seen by some posts by users who have come to the conclusion that Don is indeed banned before carefully considering the actual information at hand.

The can of worms has been opened, I'd like to view the spillage as objectively as possible.

It does sound as though the board have been high-handed with this. As pointed out earlier in the thread this is something that's been the case in the past as well. When I was a nipper I sold raffle tickets and the guys within the club who dealt with us were usually a bunch of d1cks.

I remember thinking when reading some of CaleyD's posts on this forum that it was something of a contradiction that he regularly posted criticism of the board while being employed by them. Clearly this got too much for the board.