New announcer dude on the park

tm4tj

RevBirdog...

I find it a little surprising how you seem to be the only person defending the club over this. As I understand it, and you've said it yourself, you have had exchanges with Don before about various topics on this forum before, but should that really be reason to try and rock the boat further?

Don has always been as honest as he can be in relation to his opinions on and off the forum - if we had one man like him on the ICT board (i.e someone who spoke their mind AND the truth) then our club, I feel, would be in a far better position all round!

The mere comment in the Courier of 'When Darren MacKintosh raised the matter of the comments with him, he indicated that he would rather have the right to free speech as opposed to being announcer. We have acceded to this request' brings up 3 striking notes...

1-"When Darren MacKintosh raised the matter of the comments with him" - This shows the board have no backbone/balls/both to deal with things themselves, and have made Darren their scape-goat/puppet

2-"he indicated that he would rather have the right to free speech as opposed to being announcer" - Shows they did indeed try to extract Donalds right to an opinion (despite them already knowing of not only these, but his investigations too) whilst being unable to conclude what exactly it was that p!ssed them off so much.

3-"We have acceded to this request" - It's not a request. A request would mean resigning, which is obviously not the case. It shows how f***in spineless the board are in coming face to face with their problems and issues.

Christ, they haven't even had the bottle to name the person who commented on behalf of the club. And what the hell was so inappropriate in his comments that caused offence anyway? they dont even elaborate on that!!! In fact, on more than one occasion, don has been the front figure in preventing inappropriate comments towards the club, staff, players fans, etc etc.

What kind of occupation do you have? Would your boss let you keep working there if you had been as vocal and as prominent to the upper management as Don against the business dealings of the companies major shareholder? I severely doubt it. Whilst I admire Don for his stance and his bringing this to our attention I do suspect that Don knew exactly what he was doing, Don is known to push back harder when threatened and a warning to cease and desist would be seen as a challenge by him, rightly so, but look at the sh!tstorm he has managed to create, look at the publicity he has managed to bring to his cause. I do admire his actions, now, but please try to stop seeing him as the victim.

Birdog do you not think Don even deserved a meeting with those to discuss with them what they were so annoyed about as opposed to the spineless way they did it. At the end of the day do you think he would have been dismissed if his posts had been about Alan Savage who is the second largest shareholder , I doubt it very much. The club is controlled by one man and one man only and if you dare to cross him you are out as has been proved many times over.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birdog do you not think Don even deserved a meeting with those to discuss with them what they were so annoyed about as opposed to the spineless way they did it. At the end of the day do you think he would have been dismissed if his posts had been about Alan Savage who is the second largest shareholder , I doubt it very much. The club is controlled by one man and one man only and if you dare to cross him you are out as has been proved many times over.

In an ideal world yes he would have his say but like I say Don knew what he was doing, you yourself say that DS's attitude to threats has been proved many times over. Are you therefore saying Don is so naive that he thought he would become the exception to the rule? I say what Don has done is extremely cunning and clever, he has played a very shrewd hand, he has managed to expose something which certain people would like kept under wraps. Does this make Don a victim? No, a victim does nothing to bring his misfortune upon himself, as far as I see Don created this situation very well I would see him more as a victor than a victim.

In an ideal world yes he would have his say but like I say Don knew what he was doing, you yourself say that DS's attitude to threats has been proved many times over. Are you therefore saying Don is so naive that he thought he would become the exception to the rule? I say what Don has done is extremely cunning and clever, he has played a very shrewd hand, he has managed to expose something which certain people would like kept under wraps. Does this make Don a victim? No, a victim does nothing to bring his misfortune upon himself, as far as I see Don created this situation very well I would see him more as a victor than a victim.

More of a victor than a victim?

I'd say his real and genuine concerns are for the future, or even the survival of ICT.

Edited by Johnboy

More of a victor than a victim?

I'd say his real and genuine concerns are for the future of ICT.

By saying that I mean that everyone but two people on this thread are all thinking poor old Don when in reality he has gotten exactly what he played for. Many might say that he deserved his five minutes in the boardroom but who here given the attitude of our board of directors would honestly believe they would afford him that chance? HONESTLY!

Don has always known that he would not get this chance, he has known he has a lot of fan support for his announcer's position. What better way to get the papers to notice him than to push the right buttons when told not to and get the sack? The sympathy vote is always a winner. I am having people slating me on this thread, what for? For stating the obvious? Don was always going to get the sack after he was told to stop posting the delicate information he was and then refused, kudos for doing so but he is not a victim, he is a very intelligent man, he has played the game extremely well and scored a blinder. Now all he needs is for the thread about stadium ownership to get picked up by the press and then we might just get the answers we are looking for!

By saying that I mean that everyone but two people on this thread are all thinking poor old Don when in reality he has gotten exactly what he played for. Many might say that he deserved his five minutes in the boardroom but who here given the attitude of our board of directors would honestly believe they would afford him that chance? HONESTLY!

Don has always known that he would not get this chance, he has known he has a lot of fan support for his announcer's position. What better way to get the papers to notice him than to push the right buttons when told not to and get the sack? The sympathy vote is always a winner. I am having people slating me on this thread, what for? For stating the obvious? Don was always going to get the sack after he was told to stop posting the delicate information he was and then refused, kudos for doing so but he is not a victim, he is a very intelligent man, he has played the game extremely well and scored a blinder. Now all he needs is for the thread about stadium ownership to get picked up by the press and then we might just get the answers we are looking for!

I can see what you're saying, but the way you've gone about it is poor IMO.

I doubt that CaleyD's goal was to get sacked from his position as stadium announcer.

At the end of the day, Don has suceeded in doing what he set out to. He has bought the matter of the stadium ownership to light and got everybody talking about it. Hopefully now that it is out in the open, the board may feel backed into a corner enough to come out and issue a statement. They may feel it's time to say something before any more damage can be done. I doubt it but you never know. The only down side to this is Don losing the announcer position. I'm sure though that Don would consider it a sacrifice worth making if the truth was to come out and be sorted once and for all.

We're not just thinking about "poor old Don" - we're expressing concerns (brought to our attention by Don) regarding the future, and even the survival of this little football club we have all come to know and love.

Regarding your bottom line, I for one sincerely hope that the press does pick up on the stadium ownership concerns - then, as you say, we might get some answers.

I can see what you're saying, but the way you've gone about it is poor IMO.

I doubt that CaleyD's goal was to get sacked from his position as stadium announcer.

The way I've gone about what is poor exactly? It's not as if I am exposing anything, we all know that Don is intelligent, he dug up all this information after all!

Don was told to stop doing what he was doing and refused, he knew the consequences and took that risk.

I cannot and would not dispute what you are saying Johnboy but I thought, due to your lack of clarification you had joined the queue to have a pop at me, sorry.

I cannot and would not dispute what you are saying Johnboy but I thought, due to your lack of clarification you had joined the queue to have a pop at me, sorry.

No.... Not this time mate, but I see the Pope is going to visit Scotland in September this year....

That should give us a wee bit of ammo!

No.... Not this time mate, but I see the Pope is going to visit Scotland in September this year....

That should give us a wee bit of ammo!

Care to elaborate?

Didn't see this till I read the paper a few minutes ago.

Another embarrassing day for the club and whoever is behind this move. Its surprises me when they wonder why people are getting pretty hacked off with the club, this season has exemplified their incompetence.

It does at least prove one thing, they read this forum.

Its a complete mess and becoming a real joke down there but they just don't seem to see it.

Full support for CD on this one, standing up for free speech, well done.

Barrowman booted from the topic for flaming. His posts were also removed as they were nothing more than trying to slag off several posters.

This thread has not done too badly so far in terms of getting too personal ... lets keep it that way.

At the end of the day, Don has suceeded in doing what he set out to. He has bought the matter of the stadium ownership to light and got everybody talking about it. Hopefully now that it is out in the open, the board may feel backed into a corner enough to come out and issue a statement.

Totally agree with that. The more people talk, the more the pressure will build to talk.

Nice one Scotty!

How about we get Don a megaphone and he can still do his announcing from the Bridge, next to where the "Brewster Out" Banner was - it's not as if you can miss one of his shirts anyways!!!! :P

Mrs PB

I'll be stood right next you ya CD :D :D :D :P

EDIT: Might take my shoes off too. lol

Edited by Gringo_Jnr

What a better, less devious and less gready world we'd live in if more and more people questioned the wheeling and dealing and money grabbing that goes on instead of turning away and doing nothing.

For too long many have been blinded by cash being provided to support the club. People dont invest for no return and people who have shares in the club are also making news for dealings that involve change of use of lands from business to leisure whereby a lot of returns can be envisaged. I suggest the world opens its eyes to the goings on around them.

Get away from the 'hard done by' announcer arguement and look deeper into the reasoning for the action. Don is not looking for sympathy. He's looking for answers.

Looks like our major shareholder has been talking to the jounalist that some lovingly call "squirrel"

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scottish-c...road.6049172.jp

seems he was also interviewed the day before about Tullochs

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/business/T...e-to.6041312.jp

Yes, Don fell on his own sword, that much is clear. But if no one (Supporters trust, Inverness Courier) asks any questions then the game's a bogey. The club (as in fans, players) need a statement from the board assuring them that the stadium (land) is not an asset, to be sold, and unless questions are asked by the supporters trust and inverness courier, then they too will be tarred by the same brush. This issue won't go away, however much DS would like it to, it's gone beyond that now, thanks to the wall of silence eminating from Longman road...