Jim Love

Kingsmills

I was very sad to learn of the premature passing of Courier editor Jim Love this week.

Although our paths haven't crossed for years I got to know Jim quite well two decades ago when we both regularly frequented Inverness Sheriff Court. Journalists are not always the most popular of people but Jim was a man of great warmth and integrity with a great interest in local sport in general and football in particular.

Sincere condolences to Joan and the family.

Very sad to hear this. I talked to Jim on a few occasions through the website. Sincere condolences to his family and any others who were close to him.

I am going to move this to the main football forum even although it is off topic for that area. More people view that forum and this topic deserves not to be missed by those who visit.

I had a few dealings with Jim over the last few years and he was always someone who would find the time to help or work with you on something.

I wish I had taken a tape recorder with me the day we all sat down to go through the entries for the joint CaleyThistleOnline/Courier Song Competition - I think he took the time to sing nearly all of the entries before allowing us to pass comment, a true character.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

with a great interest in local sport in general and football in particular

Also in jazz, as will be well known from his time as Arts editor on the Courier. What I hadn't realised, until Jim's illness was diagnosed, is just how highly regarded he was in that sphere. The offers of help and the support that came in from that quarter - and those only the ones I heard of  - were as strong a testament as you could ask for to a man who'd genuinely touched the hearts of others who shared his passion and had earned their affection, admiration and respect. If only Nessie had been so supportive and agreed to give an exclusive all those years ago! Clearly a life well-spent, Jim.