Caley v St. Mirren - team news

CALEY: Craig Dargo is fit after a thigh problem caused him to miss the end of preseason. :003:  Ross Tokely is also available after injury problems to challenge Stuart McCaffrey for the right-back squad, so Charlie Christie has a full squad to choose from.  John Rankin may make his debut.  ITV teletext doesn't name Ian Black or David Proctor in the matchday squad but there's been nothing from the club to suggest they won't be available.

ST. MIRREN: Gus MacPherson has doubts over veteran defender Andy Millen, midfielder Ryan McCay and striker Brian McGinty.  Summer signings Richard Brittain and Garry Brady could start in midfield.

St. Mirren are likely to go with a 3-5-2 (at least from what they say on their forums): Bullock - Potter, McGowne, Broadfoot - Van Zanten, Brittain, Brady, Murray, Lappin - Kean, Sutton.

Any idea how we'll lineup?  I guess the big mystery is who plays in midfield.

ITV teletext doesn't name Ian Black or David Proctor in the matchday squad but there's been nothing from the club to suggest they won't be available.
that says 2 things

either cc  reckon,s given all the transfer rumours surrounding the 2 they arent fully focussed on the game

or there both off to utd and have been asked not to play either :029:

Lets not forget that Teletext is still written up by journalists and we are all well aware of some of the chit they have been inventing recently.  Someone somewhere probably got a bit ahead of themselves and removed them from the ICT list since journalists seemed to think it was a done deal till DS issued his statement.

I wouldn't read too much in to it, and I certainly wouldn't be jumping to the conclusion they were offskee.

Lets not forget that Teletext is still written up by journalists and we are all well aware of some of the chit they have been inventing recently.  Someone somewhere probably got a bit ahead of themselves and removed them from the ICT list since journalists seemed to think it was a done deal till DS issued his statement.

I wouldn't read too much in to it, and I certainly wouldn't be jumping to the conclusion they were offskee.

highly doubtful teletext is usually updated 2-3 times a day in somecases

I'm with CaleyD on this.  I think its really unlikely that Black and Proctor would be left out tomorrow with such little fanfare about it beforehand, other than a subtle nod in a teletext article.
i reckon theres more to this than meets the eye

If Rossco is fit and challenging Caff for full back, Proctor would not even be in the squad anyway, as we have loads of cover for midfield his only hope would be at full back.

Black is different, but i would expect him to start the game,

How come everyone seems to know our team for the game when there's still 20 hours to kick off?

It's not the actual team. It's the 20 man squad or something like that.

Surely Proctor must be so far behind the others in terms of match fitness he wouldn't be included anyway.

As for Black.....ach, feck it, all this 'speculation' is really getting on my tits.

Roll on tomorrow so we can get on with it, regardless of who's in the team or not, I can't wait!

Guest kingkojak

St Mirrens andy millen is apparently set to become the oldest player at 41 to ever play in the SPL tomorrow.

congratulations should be in order  :clapping04:  should be interesting to see how he fairs for 90 mins.....

St Mirrens andy millen is apparently set to become the oldest player at 41 to ever play in the SPL tomorrow.

Only if he is older than Jim Leighton was ..... according to SPL site

Oldest Player: Jim Leighton, Aberdeen (vs. Dundee) 41 years, 6 months & 28 days

Team squads that were announced to the press were:

Inverness CT (from): Brown, Tokely, Dods, Rankin, McCaffrey, Golabek, Wilson, Duncan, Keogh, McBain, McAllister, Wyness, Bayne, Morgan, Parratt, Fraser, Kerr, Sutherland.

St Mirren (from): Bullock, van Zanten, Broadfoot, Millen, McGowne, Potter, Murray, Lappin, Sutton, Kean, Burke, Brittain, Hinchcliffe, Brady, Corcoran, Maxwell, Reid, McGinty, Mehmet, Anderson, Balmer.

Well I am otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it!

Dargo's not been part of Brew's masterplan though, maybe he's still recovering from his injury?