ICT 1 - 2 St Mirren (FINAL SCORE)

Scotty

OK - this is the in-match thread

starting with the lineups which INCLUDES Black despite earlier speculation.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kingkojak

ah feeck... i cannae get the bbc commentary page up!!!!!!!!

scotty do you know any other onine live links?

Guest kingkojak

phew... paniic over - finally got it working .

mon caley!

caley till i die,

caley till i die,

i know i am,

im sure i am,

im caley till i die!!! :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04:

Whys black number 8 now? :017:
Cos Hissy doesnt need it anymore !!!

he probably preferred 8 to 20+, in the same way as Morgan is now 11 instead of 22

Guest Sandy Cromarty

This stands as a shocker and does not stand well for the coming season, I couldn'nt make the game due to money on the King George and the Qually's for tomorrow but to honest it couldn't have been predicted otherwise.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Just listening to Gus McPherson on the round up and he makes it sound easy, burn my baws ya twaats.

Just back from the game.  Some post-match questions for Charlie...

1) Why wasn't Hastings playing instead of Golly?  Alternatively, why wasn't Morgan playing instead of Golly?  In fact, why wasn't Michael Fraser playing instead of Golly?

2) What is the point of wellying high balls up to your two strikers when they're midgets and the St. Mirren defenders are the sort of people usually found at the top of beanstalks?

3) Is John Rankin actually a left-sided midfielder?

4) Why, oh why did we sub Duncan, who was my personal man of the match and anchoring the midfield, for Keogh, who along with Black kept going forward and never getting any passes?

5) Did the players actually get any instructions from the dugout during the game?  (Apart from Donald Park kicking the wall in anger once)

6) Since when have we been good enough to take our foot off the gas when we go one up?

Oh jings, our performance was awful, bar the first 15 minutes of the second half.  Great finish from Dargo, though Rankin's contribution to the goal was practically the only thing he did of note.  My dad correctly described the St. Mirren strikes as "numpty" goals - Golly made a complete hash of things at the first, and Dods and Munro just seemed to want to wait under the high ball until Sutton caught up with them for the second.  St. Mirren played just like we did away from home last year, and thoroughly deserved the win.  Only Black, Dargo, Duncan, Brown plus maybe Caff and Wilson get any sort of pass marks today.

In conclusion, ladies and gentleman, prepare for a long, hard season.

Guest Bonzo

... on a positive note - excellent games today for Denzil, Dargoals, Barry Wilson and Blackie.

Never an easy game - playing the newly promoted side - St Mirren put so much into this match, reminded me of us two years ago.

........ and to continue with the negative -

I was surprised that Rankin started. he set up the goal, but otherwise looked very nervous with his step-up and was pretty invisible.

Golly was shocking - he's got to be dropped for next week.

Caff looked a bit out of place at right back. Proctor would have given us more bite from this position.

And finally, Mark Brown - Oh dear - never thought I'd say it, but on that form I'd like to see Michael Fraser start next week.

It's going to be a long hard season.

It is perhaps unfair but I cannot recall a player, let alone a captain, being substituted in virtual silence. Golly was first class when he lead us into the SPL but after losing his place through injury just does not breed confidence. The two goals were errors by Granty and Doddsy. Hopefully there will be no more Brewster rubbish this week from Dundee United and the players can build up to a monumental tussle with the Dons. Black played very well despite the battle behind the scenes to sign him. Barry played well while Rankin acquitted himself well.

It is perhaps unfair but I cannot recall a player, let alone a captain, being substituted in virtual silence. Golly was first class when he lead us into the SPL but after losing his place through injury just does not breed confidence. The two goals were errors by Granty and Doddsy. Hopefully there will be no more Brewster rubbish this week from Dundee United and the players can build up to a monumental tussle with the Dons. Black played very well despite the battle behind the scenes to sign him. Barry played well while Rankin acquitted himself well.
i actually think after dundee utds defeat today brewster will be even more determined to sign our 3 players

Other than the first 15 mins of the second half we were absolute pish. We were too deep, the passing was awful, and there was no creativity at all. St Mirren fully deserved the points.

Brown...I've said it before, but I really don't believe Brown deserves all the adulation heaped on him. Great shotstopper aye, but his kicking is a joke, and he doesn't command his box. To be honest I'd like to see Michael given a shot.

The defence was woeful. If that's how Dods is going to play then we should sell immediately. Munro was *****, McCaffrey isn't a RB....and as for Golly :017: I'm not sure I've ever been more embarressed by a players performance. He was shocking.

Midfield....Rankin was ok, did well for the goal. Barry tried, but with no joy. Blackie....I thought he was awful too. Ditto what I said about Dods.  MOTM for me was Russell, god knows why he was hooked.

Dargo took his goal well. Dennis played better than I've seen him play for a while.

If we repeat that next week we're in for a loooooooooooooooong season.

I actually think after dundee utds defeat today brewster will be even more determined to sign our 3 players

And after our performance, DS and CC will be more determined to resist !!

Blackie....I thought he was awful too. Ditto what I said about Dods.  MOTM for me was Russell, god knows why he was hooked.

Dargo took his goal well. Dennis played better than I've seen him play for a while.

If we repeat that next week we're in for a loooooooooooooooong season.

i actually tohught black waso ur best player,at least he was trying

I think its fair to say we got what we deserved today  :007:

We couldn't cope with St. Mirren route 1 football and that 2nd goal beggars belief. Woeful. It was just a long punt down the middle from the keeper

Not many even came through with pass marks and I think there will have to be several changes made for next week

The back 5 were p**h and some of there passing was comical. Have to agree as well about Brown. He really doesn't inspire me with confidence anymore. I'd choose Fraser ahead of him now if for no other reason he looks far more comfortable with pass backs