Golly

davieB

Sorry, the whole team was gash, but one player stood head and shoulders above everyone else with his gashness. Golly put in such an embarrassing performance I thought he deserved his own thread!

I've never heard a substitution greeted with such loud applause before, especially when it's your captain too.

Sorry Golly, but learn to pass to a player(preferably one in ICT colours) who's stood no more than 10yds away, before trying the fancy 50yd crossfield balls.

'kin **** :017: :017: :017:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hiltz

It gives me no pleasure whaosoever to write this but golly was gash at the end of last season and as already said- he was gash today.

Richard Hastings was excellent for us last season and i believe he deserves to be put straight back into the left back position at the expense of golly.

what we should clap him of in silence ??  his poorest performance in a ict shirt ever but maybe this is the wakeup call the team needed bring on the dandys i say even after today what better than an away victory to sort things out

there's no excuse for people cheering when he was subbed.

Sorry, but that's sanctimonious b0llocks. Neither you nor I would expect the same sort of treatment at work but then we don't have thousands of people paying good money to watch us work. If an actor consistently makes a balls-up of his lines and falls off the stage from time to time he may well come in for some pretty vocal judgements from the audience and some real vitriol from the critics. Why should a footballer, who's an entertainer after all, be exempt from that pact between performer and audience? Besides, all I heard when Golly finally came off was a smattering of applause from around the tunnel.

Agree 4ize. I save hard for my season ticket every year,  just like most, and everyone who pays their hard earned money to support our club has the right to express their dissatisfaction if what they've paid for is pish. When players play as badly as Golly did today, then they can expect abuse. I'll be the first to praise them if they do well, but I won't hide the criticism when they're *****. I gave up counting Golly's misplaced passes after he exceeded 5 in the first 10 minutes today.

what we should clap him of in silence ?? 

Wot?

Sorry, but that's sanctimonious b0llocks.

Nope, just my humble opinion. But when Charlie used to get stick playing for Caley he used to ask whether people thought players performed badly deliberately. I don't really care if people boo the team off after the final whistle but I draw the line at barracking individuals during the game, as it probably reduces the chances of them winning it. Just my tuppence worth and not worth the argument. Hope that doesn't sound too sanctimonious.

Besides, all I heard when Golly finally came off was a smattering of applause from around the tunnel.

From where I was in the North Stand it seemed about the biggest cheer of the day, and three of us in the car were of the same opinion. Whatever....

I don't think our defence coped with the pace and good link up between Kean(e) and Sutton. Those two looked very sharp up front and seem to have struck up a very good partnership. Much like Wyness and Dargo from last season. In fact the St. Mirren team resembles the ICT in a lot of ways.

Strong defence with a very tight midfield that doesn't give much away and a front two who work well together and look likely to score goals.

Of course I am not basing this on today after ICTs performance  :015: but St. Mirren can do well in this league and I wouldn't be suprised to see them a bit clearer of the relegation battle than some might think.

But we need to get our ***** in gear ASAP. Aberdeen Away then Hearts at Home followed by Hibs Away and then Celtic at Home - I think doesn't look like we'll get lots of points for a bit  :007:

There was a time when he was our most reliable player week in week out as a result of which he was, quite rightly, made club captain.

Unfortunately, he played poorly when given an opportunity at the end of last season and was, if anything, even worse yesterday.

Golly has been a great club servant over the years but his last few outings cast serious doubt on hether he has the ability to play well at SPL level any more.

Well - Let's hope he reads all these well thought out, constructive comments.... Bound to do his confidence the world of good....

Great idea giving him his own thread just to invite crass comments like that.....

Well Johnboy, if Golly went home last night thinking he had a good game, reading this thread is a reality check...I am sure Golly knows himself what his performance was like and what he has to do to change that. There is always room for honesty and sometimes that can be difficult....I don't consider that to be crass comments and the posts are a reflection of what we all saw.

To be absolutely honest, the guy has not had a decent game since he came back from injury last season. It am sorry to say that this is a results driven business and if he cannot deliver the goods, there may be others in the pool who can do a better job.

Ok... we all pay our money and are entitled to our opinions...

I've sat in the stand along the road often enough and thought to myself - Did I really shell out £25 to watch this?

But I just don't accept anyone on the field deserves that kind of abuse. What it boils down to is that you're as good as your last pass.

I play competitive golf on a weekly basis  - some days nothing but nothing seems to go right for you as you spray your balls all over the place..!! If your playing partners or anyone else watching decided to give you dog's abuse every time you hit a bad shot, I would find it hard to take..... I'm quite sure Golly or anyone else having a stinker does too....

CC is the man who was appointed to pick the team and deal with such matters and I'm quite sure he will deal with it... If he doesn't he's a useless ****** and deserves all the flak he gets......!!

Obviously there is no way that Golly will have gone out there to perform that poorly and he himself will know that he didn't do well yesterday and he certainly didn't need people cheering when he was subbed. Given the chance I bet he would do anything to try and prove those that 'cheered' him wrong by putting in a solid performance against Aberdeen.

now in the light of a new day i feel we are all being a bit hard on golly everyone can have a of day he wasnt the only bad one yesterday there were quite a few who werent performing like they normally do even brown was at fault a few times so the home hodo strikes again

might as well shut the message boards down now then johnboy

who will you find to moan about the Lebanon then

Why shut the message boards down when we can debate anything from your favourite lip balm to FW's sexual proclivities?  :015: :015:

It's a shame really, a couple of years ago Golly was a hero, leading by example and scoring the first SPL goal in the victory over Dunfermline at Pittodrie. I suppose we all have short memories when the chips are down. unfortunately along with others yesterday his performance will be reviewed by CC and this may result in changes for next week. We can all have off days, and yes it is not pretty to direct it all at one person.  Those that did not perform well, will already know that, and CC will be on the case on Monday.