ICT v COUNTY : Matchday Thread

CaleyD

Ross County again benefited from League reconstruction, the expansion of the SPL to 12 teams meaning that the Club won promotion to the First Division even though they had only finished third in the table.

While we did benift from the league re-construction back in 2000, the rules were set out at the start of the season and we knew exactly what had to be done that season.

However, it may have escaped your notice, but since 2000 we have been back to Division 2 - as I'm sure you have mentioned once or twice before - and we won the league fair and square that season, with no league re-construction, so in fact we have fully won the right to be in the first division.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirror, Mirror on the wall

Who is the greatest Highland Team of all?

No more the famous ICT

Who had no clue of what was to be

There came a Team from Gadjie Land

With supporters who filled ALL their stand!

Del Boy had a cunning scheme

To put an end to Butchers dream

Of quick return to SPL

He,d make his life a living hell

The whistle blew the game did start

The County tore ICT apart

At number 3 the crowd did roar

The Caley support headed for the door

Then with all three points, having proved their worth

The ?Gypos? returned across the Firth

To celebrate a perfect day

Having showed the Caley how to play

Nice bit of doggerel Bluezulu, keep it coming. 1602 out of 2400 seats is only two thirds however! I'm sure we'll be there in force November 8th. Looking forward to it......

The threads usually end just after you post on them. I am sure you are a virus.

One day we will laugh about this result when we tell our grandchildren..........well maybe laugh is too strong.

Just abysmal on Saturday, absolutely terrible. It's the worst performance in a derby since the 5-1 game - at least in the 5-1 game we were playing a crocked centre-half. County completely dominated the middle of the park - Cox has shown he can play but in that game he was anonymous. Stratford was awful. Get Russell back in the engine room with Cox. Hayes was alright but Eagle - what's his story? He can't dribble, he can't cross, he has no pace, he doesn't get shots in, he isn't that hard working. Why is he there? Hurry back Imrie.

Defensively, Granty did well but Bulvitis looked a bombscare - why did he never seem to wholeheartedly go through the ball, clear it, win the header or tackle? The ball was bobbling around on his toes, pish. Zadi was just awful, he looks so uncertain on the ball, so scared of doing anything.

Up front, Foran didn't do anything with what he was given but Sanchez didn't look nearly as lively as he did at Dens - he wasn't rolling off his man, playign any little balls. There was no link up with the wide men. I think we need to stick Barrowman back in, or even (God forbid) Rooney.

I was spekaing to CaleyStan after the game and he made the point that the atmosphere was strnage, like we just expected to win. We used to go into these games with a degree of arrogance but it was a healthy arrogance - 'we're good enough to win thsi game, lets go and do it'. I think on Saturday some of the players let the relatively good start to the season go to their heads and expected a good performance to just happen.

Looking forward we need to be more forceful, to get some zip back into the side. I'd immediately bring Rosscoe back in, drop Zadi for Shinnie or Hastings, put Russell in the middle of the park and Roy on the left of midfield. A win aginst Partick would be great, even if it is in the diddy cup.

I'm not long back from Inverness where i succeeded in forgetting about the traumatic experience at TCS on Saturday afternoon. Now, as i sift through all the threads on this board, it's coming back to me in all it's horror.

We were terrible. Very similar to the Ayr game in that we looked completely inacapable of creating a chance. The difference was that County were much better than Ayr - their midfield drove past us repeatedly and they should've scored more than they did.

I don't think we should dwell on it though. We were good in Dundee and some folk started to get carried away - the same thing is happening now. It's a new team and we can't judge it yet. My feeling as that the midfield is lacks grit and experience - hopefully Butcher realises that now.

We were rubbish. We were bullied off the ball. At the first goal it looked as if the defence were off ordering their half time pies. Lionel was probably the worst player on the pitch. Its time he was back on the farm with the other donkeys. As for when we actually got to their 18 yard box it was as if they were trying to play ping pong acroos the box. They looked as if they thought the ball was going to jump up and bite them in the bollocks if they tried to shoot. If we play like this every game we dont stand a chance of winning this league.

Guest SPECKY

We were rubbish. We were bullied off the ball. At the first goal it looked as if the defence were off ordering their half time pies. Lionel was probably the worst player on the pitch. Its time he was back on the farm with the other donkeys. As for when we actually got to their 18 yard box it was as if they were trying to play ping pong acroos the box. They looked as if they thought the ball was going to jump up and bite them in the bollocks if they tried to shoot. If we play like this every game we dont stand a chance of winning this league.

Play like that in many more games and you'll be lucky to stay in the league!

Can someone change the title of this thread if its to stay open?

The "Matchday" :blink: was days ago.....

... While I'm on...

Fair enough, Lionel had a total shocker.... as did quite a few!

I totally disagree with Caley "supporters" booing him when he got the ball..

Thats not going to help the situation......

:lol:

Edited by TinRoofMan

:lol:

It is the matchday thread from the day the game was played. Do you have difficulty with that, or are you just winding us up?

Agree about the booing. He did play poorly, but he was not alone, although he looked a forlorn figure when he was subbed amidst a barrage of boos. It won't help him one bit.

Guest SPECKY

The sad thing about the Lionel stuation is that he has never played any differently, he has always been pish. He may have been led to beleive that he is better than he is because he was given another deal for this season, god knows what Butcher sees in him.

Credit where credit's due, he has a had a few good games for us.

And, when we're winning, the keepy up's and runs and kamikaze passes, can be quite entertaining.

When he's bad though, he's f*cking awful. And this was evident on Saturday.

Dunno would I play him against Paraletic Thistle, really beleive that it should be Dick or Royston starting centre back, but no doubt Butcher will go with Lionel anyway.

Manfer --you are right the threads usually do stop after I post. It's not magic though, it's simple ---when you are in bed cuddling your Teddy Bear the energetic sleuthful Scarlet One is hard at work devouring the threads on here. There is an 8 hour difference in time dearest but that is the only thing that you are ahead of Scarlet in...

:huh: Now off you go, my wee mannie, back to Teddy. Dis you have your Toddy last night to get a nice sleep then, because if not have awee snifter in an hour when you get up.....eh?

And for those on here seeking to get eddycated, Canadians always end their sentences with,,,,,,,EH!

:rolleyes: :P