ICT v COUNTY : Matchday Thread

CaleyD

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good at all. We keep wasting chances and it's costing us. It's not ideal but I wouldnt say promotion is looking a forlorn hope already. Its our first defeat of the season. Its a sore one to take coming from County though. I hope Butcher gets into the players and gets them to raise the standard.

Guest Mahonio

Butch, it is ******* time to buy a new striker, but funnily enough i expect him to buy before transfer window shuts.

By the way, as much as we hate the *****, they have been playing well but believe me when i say this, IT WON'T LAST, and also, we will improve after this hopefully.

I am pissed off though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont care what anyone says......we should be sitting with two home league wins under our belt as we speak. I can accept a draw...or even a defeat away to Dundee...but i cannot accpet this level of home display.

I dont care what anyone says......we should be sitting with two home league wins under our belt as we speak. I can accept a draw...or even a defeat away to Dundee...but i cannot accpet this level of home display.

You weren't even at the game ffs . Try going to a game and see for yourself the level of display .

You weren't even at the game ffs . Try going to a game and see for yourself the level of display .

Oh right.....so...what i was hearing and the actual scoreline shouldnt be taken into consideration should it? get a grip! And for the record.....what i have witnessed from them, in person this season, can best be described as dire!

Edited by SMEE

Went and bought two tickets at the clubshop an hour ago. Some dirty county fan came in and was really rude and cheeky. He walked out after getting his tickets, then came back in two minutes and asked to change is away sitting ticket to an away terracing ticket :angry: . The man in the shop shot him straight down...."We don't have terracing cause we had to have an all seater stadium for the SPL, btw, have you ever been in the SPL" ...the dirty county fan just walked out. Genius.

I think we have to forget the SPL and focus on Div 1 :rolleyes:

Just back. The only unfair thing about the result is that we got a goal - we didn't deserve it. Apart from a short spell after we scored, there was only one team on the park, and it wasn't us. County played a derby match like it should be played - at full pace, with lots of passion and guts, and also managed to play some good football too. We, on the other hand, were too slow, too one-dimensional, and too many players decided they weren't up for some meaty challenges.

Even the referee can't be blamed - he had a good game, I thought.

For a start, we were beaten tactically by County's 4-5-1 - our midfield was swamped and we couldn't pass it through them. Moreover, whilst Foran appeared isolated constantly, County still managed to get Vigurs and Gardyne right up to support Di Giacomo. The first half was the worst 45 we have played since Brewster's final days.

Bizarrely, we made no changes at half time, so the second goal came as no surprise. Hayes' strike was about the first thing we had created all match, yet ironically we would have been level soon after had Vigurs not cleared off the line.

Thoughts on the players -

Esson - should he have been beaten at the near post for the third? Can't really be blamed for the others, but his kicking was guff

Proctor - despite not being up against a natural winger, he didn't have the guts to wander forward much, and his passing was hopeless

Bulvitis - looked in all sorts of trouble in one on ones, didn't win enough of the high balls

Munro - led by example, in that he was poor and so were the rest. Didn't know how to deal with only one up front. Another one who's distribution was useless

Djebi-Zadi - wonderful goal-saving block in the first half doesn't make up for an otherwise terrible performance. Constantly caught out of position, and I lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away. How about we play SOMEONE WHO CAN DEFEND at left back?

Cox - worked hard but was over-run by County's numbers in midfield. Had very little support from team-mates

Eagle - at least tried to get into the game, but provided very little cutting edge

Stratford - I have a better first touch than he does. Gave Cox no help in midfield, and failed to protect the defence. His crass attempt at a header was responsible for the third goal. A terrible performance

Foran - worked like a dog despite being fed scraps. Laid on the goal with a lovely cross but too often looked up to find no support coming from midfield

Sanchez - wins the Andrew Barrowman Award For Effort. Failed to even break sweat. Chickened out of numerous fifty-fifties. Did play in Foran in the build-up to the goal, but otherwise was a complete waste of time

Hayes - made an effort when the ball came his way, but apart from the goal contributed little

SUBS - Rooney missed a great chance at 1-2, but at least added a bit of energy. Duncan and Ross didn't really have time to make an impact.

Can't say I will have fond memories of this match

Just back. The only unfair thing about the result is that we got a goal - we didn't deserve it. Apart from a short spell after we scored, there was only one team on the park, and it wasn't us. County played a derby match like it should be played - at full pace, with lots of passion and guts, and also managed to play some good football too. We, on the other hand, were too slow, too one-dimensional, and too many players decided they weren't up for some meaty challenges.

Even the referee can't be blamed - he had a good game, I thought.

For a start, we were beaten tactically by County's 4-5-1 - our midfield was swamped and we couldn't pass it through them. Moreover, whilst Foran appeared isolated constantly, County still managed to get Vigurs and Gardyne right up to support Di Giacomo. The first half was the worst 45 we have played since Brewster's final days.

Bizarrely, we made no changes at half time, so the second goal came as no surprise. Hayes' strike was about the first thing we had created all match, yet ironically we would have been level soon after had Vigurs not cleared off the line.

Thoughts on the players -

Esson - should he have been beaten at the near post for the third? Can't really be blamed for the others, but his kicking was guff

Proctor - despite not being up against a natural winger, he didn't have the guts to wander forward much, and his passing was hopeless

Bulvitis - looked in all sorts of trouble in one on ones, didn't win enough of the high balls

Munro - led by example, in that he was poor and so were the rest. Didn't know how to deal with only one up front. Another one who's distribution was useless

Djebi-Zadi - wonderful goal-saving block in the first half doesn't make up for an otherwise terrible performance. Constantly caught out of position, and I lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away. How about we play SOMEONE WHO CAN DEFEND at left back?

Cox - worked hard but was over-run by County's numbers in midfield. Had very little support from team-mates

Eagle - at least tried to get into the game, but provided very little cutting edge

Stratford - I have a better first touch than he does. Gave Cox no help in midfield, and failed to protect the defence. His crass attempt at a header was responsible for the third goal. A terrible performance

Foran - worked like a dog despite being fed scraps. Laid on the goal with a lovely cross but too often looked up to find no support coming from midfield

Sanchez - wins the Andrew Barrowman Award For Effort. Failed to even break sweat. Chickened out of numerous fifty-fifties. Did play in Foran in the build-up to the goal, but otherwise was a complete waste of time

Hayes - made an effort when the ball came his way, but apart from the goal contributed little

SUBS - Rooney missed a great chance at 1-2, but at least added a bit of energy. Duncan and Ross didn't really have time to make an impact.

Can't say I will have fond memories of this match

very good assessment however i cant put into words how bad djebi-zadi was today, barring that one marvellous block he looked like an amateur footballer. he could not pass, was constantly caught out of position, let his man get past him so many times, clearances he made would almost always go to the opposition or out of the park. i have never once experienced an ICT player being so roundly booed as the way Djebi-Zadi was today, i think that shows how bad his game was today.

I feel bad singling one person for our awful performance but he really stood out as putting in an unacceptable performance.

overall we just werent at the races today, too many players let the game pass them by.

i'm gutted, absolutely gutted by that game today. :rolleyes:

Lionel made one terrific block, but other than that he was terrible today... he made countless mistakes... he's just far far too inconsistant and in my opinion should be dropped..

We are still trying to pass the ball into the net.. Rooney needs to learn to just hit the ball, instead of trying to control it and tee it up for a shot, by the time he does the opportunity is lost.

We surely can't play any poorly than that this season...i hold my breath.

County were a step ahead on everything today. Everyone in the team needs to get it into their heads that they are not going to get enough time on the ball as they think, there was no communication and we lacked ideas and ffs shoot when you get near enough.

Not going to slate any individuals as everyone was poor today. Wake up Caley or forget about winning anything.

Think hislopoffside has pretty much nailed the nailed player displays although he perhaps hasn't conveyed how pish Bulvitis, Stratford, Sanchez & Dejbi-Zadi were. Saying that Proctor, Munro & Eagles weren't much use either. It was probably collectively the must incompetent back 4 we have fielded in ages

We were lucky to get away with 3-1 and I doubt County will have an easier game all season. They were fitter, faster ,stronger, better organised and wanted it much more than our shower of strangers.

I doubt Brewster could have organised a much bigger shambles than that and he looked like he was having a great afternoon pi**ing himself every time Lionel got on the ball.

I think Butcher deserves a fair bit of criticism as well for his questionable tactics today. We somehow managed to get ourselves back into the game with a goal out of the blue started playing with a bit of confidence and then he switched to a back 3!! Which left us totally exposed on the left. Then after conceding the 3rd we had another tactical masterstroke leading to Duncan playing at centre half! Feckin crazy.

Nice goal by Vigurs to rub salt in the wounds. Why Butcher let him go to sign some of the muppets he has beggars belief. My worries about nice guy Tel's managerial abilities are increasing match by match

Did I mention Bulvitis, Stratford, Sanchez & Dejbi-Zadi were pish?? :rolleyes:

Edited by kencar

Rooney on for Proctor. And why not? Throw caution to the wind.

Rooney on for....

Is that like the blind leading the blind or what?

Where is Foran..playing?: Have not heard his name mentioned at all? :rolleyes:

Disastrous :angry:

Rarely have I felt so let down after all the hype preceding a big game. Sounds as if we were not at the races. Promotion already beginning to look like a forlorn hope.

Butch, it is ******* time to buy a new striker, but funnily enough i expect him to buy before transfer window shuts.

By the way, as much as we hate the *****, they have been playing well but believe me when i say this, IT WON'T LAST, and also, we will improve after this hopefully.

I am pissed off though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sums it all up I dont give a flying if im shot down for saying this and if its seen to be negitive by anyone then please open your eyes!!!

After this ICT are the Laughing stoke of the Highlands!!! end of story Do Not beleve the Hipe!!!!How many more chances does ******* Rooney need to miss, we had little in the way of chances today!!!! we need a Striker!!!!!! Im am more let down just now than I was when we got relagated!!!! ooooooo 7 games undifeted the goal of it is to win!! get the finger out!!!!

A truly shocking performance from ICT today. Quite worringly, Ross County looked like a far better side than us and fully deserved to win, in fact we were lucky it was only 3-1. Hard to think of any positives quite frankly. Esson, Eagles, Cox and Bulvitis probably did almost enough to earn pass marks, everyone else was poor.

Foran and Sanchez, where the f"ck is the movement? They're the most static striking duo I've ever seen. No wonder we struggle so badly to score goals. While Foran never shirks a challenge when the ball is delivered straight to him, what else does he actually do? Not much. Considering his experience and quality we really need alot more from him. Sanchez? He looked like a bit of a luxury today, not sure why he was selected for this derby fixture.

The wingers never really got any joy from the county full backs. Stratford was awful, never really got into the game and kept passing the ball back to Djebi Zadi even though he was having a mare. Roy McBain should be given a run at number 6 ahead of Stratford, he brings far more to the team. Lionel needs to be dropped next week, he looked a broken man at full time today! I've never seen him play so poorly. Hastings has waited long enough for a run out, hopefully he comes in with a point to prove and does a job for us. And Tokely in at right back for Proctor, that's a no brainer.

Butcher didn't look like he had a plan B. When the game was slipping away from us the only change he made was to switch Eagle and Hayes wings, to little effect. It seems that every time he hypes up the team in the papers (the boys are going to give their all, we know what its all about, they're working so hard in training etc) we fall on our @rse.

At the end of the day, County were better organized, they played better football, and their players wanted it more than the ICT players. We are in 7th place and deserve to be there. But for an injury time winner at dunfermline we would be in the relegation zone. Butcher, FFS get it sorted man!!!