Rory McAllister

Interthenet Jnr

I'm sure we were all gutted and frustrated towards the end of the game yesterday after going 2-1 down but the treatment of Rory yesterday becuase he misplaced one or two passes, missed a shot and gave away a foul was disgusting. Yeah he didn't have the best of games but he's only 19 and we can't expect him to be perfect. I'll take it that the people who were shouting abuse at him were doing in the heat of the moment. He's still a kid and our fans shouting negatives at him ain't going to help his confidence any. Felt really sorry for the boy.

Guest The Chieftain

I know young Rory missed a few chances yesterday, but atleast he was in the right places to receive and create these chances. I believe that with abit more time and experience (learning from the likes of Denzil and Dargo) he'll go on to be an excellent player for us.

i know iam going to get slated for this,but mcallsiter is crap,hes had enough chances in the 1st team,and done nothing,a full season,s loan to county next season would do him the world of good,if he plays a bit part again next season he wont improve

I'm sure we were all gutted and frustrated towards the end of the game yesterday after going 2-1 down but the treatment of Rory yesterday becuase he misplaced one or two passes, missed a shot and gave away a foul was disgusting. Yeah he didn't have the best of games but he's only 19 and we can't expect him to be perfect. I'll take it that the people who were shouting abuse at him were doing in the heat of the moment. He's still a kid and our fans shouting negatives at him ain't going to help his confidence any. Felt really sorry for the boy.

Spot and on. Our fans have been spolit so far. As was shown by the disgraceful treatment of the team at the Motherwell game at home a month or so ago. Don't get behind the team for 90 minutes then boo them as they come off. If they haven't tried then they can expect a fair bit of stick but they tried that day and still got it. Rory tried yesterday as hard as he could and he got pelters. Shocking treatment for a young guy and one who, in the opinion of Brewster, has a future in the game. Says a lot if you ask me...

He definetly isn't ready to play at this level and he never will be if we don't get behind him. All strikers need confidence to perform and if he's getting pelters from his own fans his confidence will plummet. A year out on loan to county (or maybe a top 1st division team :wink: ) will do him the world of good as getting 10 minutes every so often is not going to help him improve.

Players go out on loan when the club dont have a use for them any more.

MacAllister and a few others are learning all the time. They are young lads with a long way to go and are getting experience both from reserve / U19 leagues and from our more experienced players. They dont need to go on loan.

If the majority of those who critisise our young lads are so good at, and knowledgable of, the game why are they not on the field instead of in front of their computers.

For christ sake give the kids a chance to learn their game.

I wouldnt say players only go out on loan if clubs dont have a use for them, especially when they are still young. Barry Robson was in a similar situation a few years ago, he showed promise but couldnt get a run in the first team and his decision making was poor due to a lack of experience which led to frustrations from the fans.

He went away and came back a different player. Off the top of my head Mulgrew at United. United are desperate to keep him but Celtics (supposed) intention was to take him back.

The Juanjo loan confused me, i presume it was at his request to make a name for himself before becoming a free agent? Doesnt seem to benefit ICT in any way.

The Juanjo loan had been agreed before CC took over so it was really just Brewsters ignorance and mistreatment of players that saw him going out on loan. Players like Hart and Juanjo never stood a chance with him. Even the likes of Morgan who has great potential wasn't really given much of a looking! So much for Brewsters "Team" without an automatic eleven!

Back to the topic now! Rory has the potential and maybe using him a bit more now the season is ending would be a good idea to help him develop a better taste of the SPL. I remember seeing him at Pitoddrie at New Year and he was so hungry and gave 110% he was just thrown into the deep end too soon so a few run arounds now we have a seventh place to aim for. Personally I would prefer we gave other up and coming talent a try in the team and maybe see the likes of Keogh etc given a run around than finish seventh it would be more beneficial although seventh place would be great aswell!

' Don't get behind the team for 90 minutes then boo them as they come off.'

I heard the boo's and assumed that it was directed towards the ref?

Mcallister was gash for the reserves the previous tues vs Dons, but as it has been said, he was cold and never got much chance top 'warm' to the pace which was shown by some clumsy touches, he did well with a glancing header which was not far away.

Undecided about him.

' Don't get behind the team for 90 minutes then boo them as they come off.'

I heard the boo's and assumed that it was directed towards the ref?

Are you talking about the Motherwell game? I have no doubt any boos on Saturday past were for Murray but for the Motherwell game they seemed to be more at the players given the moaning that was going on.

Guest rakketyrory

Even though a lot of the boos were aimed at the players i think most people thought everyone was booing the ref and started booing te ref but it sounded like they were booing the players [align=center][/align]

Bayne was good against Motherwell while Rory was poor int he time he got. Not saying that we should judge solely on one game but Bayne would be a better choice, IMO< to start up front against Yinited than Rory. His (Rory) touch looked poor and his link up play was poor. He is one for the future but will need to be gradually introduced into the team. We can't just throw him in at the deep end.

I think what you said about Rory is right, he needs some protection and needs to be blooded gradually. That said, I think that Bayne is a known quantity and stands little chance of establishing himself as a first choice next year. He's (Bayne) not lacking in commitment, and links quite well, but I just think he's not a threat to goal.

Definately not a threat to goal you are right but he gets stuck right in and most importantly he can win aerial duels. Something that was key against the Steelmen last weekend.

If we play long balls up to a front two of Wyness and Dargo they will lose out 9 times out of 10. Rory is a big lad but I feel he can get muscled off the ball quite easily. Bayne really stands his ground well. However Rory has more skill as we saw when he megged an opponent near the touchline in one game earlier this season - was it Aberdeen?