Testing Times for Christie

caleyboy

Let's not forget that this was the first game of the season and yes it was a dismal result and certainly doesn't do our home popularity any good.

However, the most important aspect of this will be how Charlie deals with this setback. Personally, I think his post match comments showed his inexperience and he will learn to take a deep breath as time goes on. I know it must hurt but he and Parky must analise the game from video before making any rash decisions. He has a big squad, bigger than Aberdeen going by the P&J on Saturday, but it is important he takes advice from his staff before making any rash decisions.

This is the biggest test yet for Charlie, he has only had plaudits so far, but once the dust settles, I'm sure he will deal with it in a very positive manner.

Let's hope he takes it out on the Dons

Feckin ****!! :008:

We lose one game and Christie's under pressure?

Think you should go give up following football if thats your attitude to every defeat. How is it the biggest test? He's lost games before, and I'd much rather lose a couple of games now than when we need results in about 25/30 games time.

I've seen some stupid posts in my time, but thats up there wi the best o them!

Guest kingkojak

fecks sake losing the first game to st midden is hardly a disaster.  they're the new boys and will be running around like a 15 year old with an erection just now so beating them was always going to be tricky..  from the sounds of things they defended well and were lucky.

from what ive heard around dundee about the arabs performance on saturday, we have nothing to worry about.  the girlfriends dad and my mates have all said individually that ynted played like clueless schoolboys.  even at this early stage they are all talking about relegation!  :clapping04:

i still think that if CC 

Guest kingkojak

can find a way of pairing black and rankin in midfield, and shoot golly, we will finish in mid table- hopefully on the other side of the split this time

At least if The grocer hits us with a "formal" bid we will know where we are going fer the next six months.  :008: :008:

Some press reports have the Grocer promising to dip into his private weath to bolster the squad, and that Brewster is safe for this season....... :012:

I seem to have heard this before.... and before..and before.

Guest kingkojak

the whole reason for off loading the top earners at the cllub and bringing in new younger talent was because the grocer was sick of wasting his veg money on the team and wanted brewster to emulate that ICT spirit!

sounds like b0lll0cks....

Going back to CC, many people (me included) think he got it wrong with the line-up on Saturday, but on the positive side, it is good to see him trying something different.  What will be important is what he takes from it and how he uses that going forward.

Unlike players where you nearly always have more than one option, you are generally stuck with your manager every week (unless your Dundee Utd or Livingston).  It's not like we can call in a reserve manager until the current one gets his act together (well we can, but I doubt anyone is calling for CC's head right now).

We have a tough set of games ahead of us and after Saturday it looks like a steep learning curve, but I still remain confident CC is more than capable of rising to the task.

Feckin ****!! :008:

We lose one game and Christie's under pressure?

Think you should go give up following football if thats your attitude to every defeat. How is it the biggest test? He's lost games before, and I'd much rather lose a couple of games now than when we need results in about 25/30 games time.

I've seen some stupid posts in my time, but thats up there wi the best o them!

Where in my post did I say Charlie was under pressure. You seem to have a problem reading English so pull your head from up your erse and read it you jerk! I have no problem with Charlie and certainly don't have any attitude.  :008:

Where in my post did I say Charlie was under pressure.

This is the biggest test yet for Charlie,

I think the title of the thread alluded to it and the fact that you've called it his biggest test so far, losing one game.

You seem to have a problem reading English so pull your head from up your erse and read it you jerk!

If you have no problem with CC then why even raise this topic? If you have no problem then there's no need to discuss it. And is this how you conduct all your discussions? I make a couple of points you don't agree with and you result to name calling, nice!

Guest hiltz

I am certainly not calling for CC'S head far from it but  unless Hastings and Morgan  had some type of footballer breakdown in the days before the st mirren game that we don't know about then CC made a big mistake staring with golly at left back.

CC had numerous pre season games to figure out who his best left back was and he chose golly.. Im sure that 99% of the home support were surprised about that..

Morgan as a sub and hastings not even on the bench? ridiculous..I think CC did not even include hastings as a sub in order to let golly know that his position was secure and to take pressure of him..

I dont think CC is under pressure because we lost one game. I think most fans believe he was wrong in playing golly to begin with and wrong to not sub him earlier, thats where the pressure is starting from..

In case there is any further missunderstanding, I did not post this topic as a call for Charlie's head after one defeat. My point related to him making his intentions public so soon after the game without giving himself time to reflect. Don't forget, he has only been in the job for 6 months and with more experience, he would have kept his intentions under his hat.

It is my honest opinion that he will be a successful ICT manager. I still think it will be a test to see how he reshapes the team and who knows, maybe we will all be surprised.

I accept I was out of order with my comments to Exiled ICT and I do apologize to him/her but I  object to someone twisting my words to change the intention of the thread and make quotes such as "... give up watching football ......." and then finish with  "I've seen some stupid posts in my time, but thats up there wi the best o them"

I trust the intention of my post is now clearer to Exiled ICT.

Guest calaiscasual

I accept I was out of order with my comments to Exiled ICT and I do apologize to him/her  

someones had an interesting summer :016:

TBB... my main problem in the classroom is that my pupils never seem to have a sense of humour!

However I would have to admit that humour is becoming more and more difficult as one generation gives way to a younger one.

For instance when I am discussing "diols" (as in antifreeze), references to telephones are now fruitless. Similarly "I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it" falls on deaf ears and when I describe my relationship with something as "similar to that between Basil Fawlty and the Eleven Hundred" I get equally blank looks. "Nobody expects a Spansh Inquisition" has equally slid from the public awareness and, amazingly, Skodas these days are regarded as quite respectable motors. Even more alarming is that, from a couple of decades later, "Wayne and Waynetta" and "loadsamoney" have also slipped from the awareness of the current generation, although one or two do remember Jonathan Watson's much more recent "Sean and Seanetta"... with their little daughter Setanta.

(Scotty... I fully expect this to be removed as a football thread!)

In the post at the top of this thread, caleyboy wrote.....  "I know it must hurt but he and Parky must analise the game....."

I have no doubt that if Charlie and Parky literally took Caleyboy's advice, it WOULD hurt!!! (Or did caleyboy really mean "analyse"?!

Ouch - really should check the spelling - this is getting so heavy that I'm not sure what I meant.  :clapping04:

Aye Charles, they probably think you are just an old fart trying to be funny, going by my daughter and her pals (16-17 year olds) they have a different sense of humour these days !