Hastings Gone & Golly Back

CaleyD

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that Hastings has a tendency to get ideas above his station, so I wouldn't be surprised if their was more to his non-appearance this season and now his transfer.

Golly is a battler and probably fits with Butchers mindset/idea for the team he's trying to create. Unlike those who will no doubt immediately jump on the guy before he's kicked a ball for us (again), I shall reserve judgement until I've seen what contribution he makes.

Where did I put my Golly Badge???

ictgolly.jpg

END OF AN ERREA

:009:

What the feck's an ERREA? I presume you meant an era?

But, whatever you meant, I can see no sense in this deal at all. I have been critical of Butcher in other threads. I can see this deal only giving me more ammunition to shoot him down with. But I really hope I'm wrong.

No doubt I'll be labelled "negative" here but I just can't see any sense in this at all.

I would assume Golly will be just be cover for LDZ who seems to untouchable

Does Hastings still get his testimonial match? It had all gone very quiet on that front.

END OF AN ERREA

:009:

What the feck's an ERREA? I presume you meant an era?

But, whatever you meant, I can see no sense in this deal at all. I have been critical of Butcher in other threads. I can see this deal only giving me more ammunition to shoot him down with. But I really hope I'm wrong.

A bad pun at the expence of our shirt sponsors I suspect. I'm not surprised to see Hastings go as Butcher didn't seem to rate him.

Golabek was a great club servant in his day and has a place in our history with our first ever SPL but I remaion to be convinced that he can make a capable contribution these days although I'd love to be proved wrong.

Where's that experienced forward we've being crying out for since the daparture of Dargo and Wyness ?

No doubt I'll be labelled "negative" here but I just can't see any sense in this at all.

Didn't take the Johnboy Radar long to kick in and point you in the direction of somewhere to get another boot in to ICT did it!!!

7 others beat me to it, Locutus!

I'm not too disheartened with Golabeck coming back...but I wish someone could explain the logic behind letting Hastings go.... Especially after Saturday's game....

Happy to see the back of Hastings, but Golly? FFS!

When we let him go all those years ago I think most fans agreed it was the right thing to do, he had become a shadow of the player who used to be so good. I can't imagine he's improved in the last few years.

Happy to see the back of Hastings, but Golly? FFS!

When we let him go all those years ago I think most fans agreed it was the right thing to do, he had become a shadow of the player who used to be so good. I can't imagine he's improved in the last few years.

I used to love Golly as a player 5 or 6 years ago but like many of us he is now older, fatter and slower :009: