Hastings Gone & Golly Back

CaleyD

Half of the current forum users will still be frantically searching the archives to find out who Golabek is :(

No need to search the archives, just go to skysports.com/ScoreCentre, click on any ICTFC result then Grant Munro from Team Line Ups and up jumps Golabek's ugly coupon!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt it mostly a young squad we have now so maybe a bit more experience on the park wouldnt be a bad thing :(

Craig Brewster (the player) would have been a better choice.

I thought he'd hung his boots up

Wouldn't be the first time he's said that, then put them back on again!

this is such a strange one, i really can't comment on golly as i haven't seen him play since he was with us. i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next. the one strange thing is that he wasn't getting a game for county but butcher clearly has plans for him. i wonder how though......when would have butcher seen golly play in the last couple of years to pass judgment???

I suspect that Hamilton offered a fee for Hastings which for a player not getting a game (and not necessarily adding something to the team if he was!) is always worth considering.

Hamilton didnt offer a fee we released him so that he could sign for Hamilton

I suspect that Hamilton offered a fee for Hastings which for a player not getting a game (and not necessarily adding something to the team if he was!) is always worth considering.

Hamilton didnt offer a fee we released him so that he could sign for Hamilton

I wonder why the club would do that? You would think they would try and get a bit of money out of the deal

If Golly is a couple of hundred a week cheaper than Hastings, then freeing him (Hastings) quick might have been seen as a way of freeing up a bit of money to try and secure a striker (which obviously hasn't happened).

I also think the club were trying to save a little money on the wage budget which this deal has done

"In terms of pace, technical ability, tackling, aerial ability and presence LDZ is the better player by far than Hastings. Unfortunately when he has to make a decision or engage his brain it all seems to fall apart!"

Hastings is in my opinion a much better box defender than a player who attempts multiple step-overs in his own box.

Hamilton are aware that in most S.P.L games they have to defend that's why they've gone for Hastings -a player who defends. LDZ "tackles" and usually falls on his arse, has the technical ability of a headless chicken, heads the ball anywhere and although pacy- he appears to run into crowded areas. If he's a regular in the I.C.T team this season, relegation battles beckon!

Edited by collectiveaction

If Golly is a couple of hundred a week cheaper than Hastings, then freeing him (Hastings) quick might have been seen as a way of freeing up a bit of money to try and secure a striker (which obviously hasn't happened).

That was my thoughts too,I think the last time I saw golly in action was at Victoria park when we played against ST Johnstone in a cup game (the first time Ive been in the home end)

Last i saw him play was in a County game vs Berwick when they were in the 2nd division just over a year ago. He played well that day but i think he was a regular in the side at the time, alot has changed since then.

Last i saw him play was in a County game vs Berwick when they were in the 2nd division just over a year ago. He played well that day but i think he was a regular in the side at the time, alot has changed since then.

Never seen so much change at the club since its formation are we losing the plot!!!

Hastings clearly wasn't popular with Butcher or his fellow players so really isn't all that surprising. Would take Golabek over him any day, I've never seen a more incompetant attacking full back than Hastings and he wasn't all that in defence either!

A few facts...

Richard was at the game on Saturday. Not even asked to dress (hasn't been asked for some time) and would have been one of the most derby experienced players on the pitch.

Richard has not trained with the 1st team for quite some time...Butcher's decision. 2 tier system. Those he likes and those he doesn't.

Richard has given 12 years to the club.

Richard is still in his testimonial year and is still due a game.

Richard was not working on this deal last week...it was a last minute one.

Can't say I blame the guy. Whether you like a player is irrelevant...shocking treatment is what this is called.

Very sad day. Good luck Richard!

When we let him go all those years ago I think most fans agreed it was the right thing to do, he had become a shadow of the player who used to be so good. I can't imagine he's improved in the last few years.

Lets hope he's improved, his last game against St. Mirren was an absoloute shocker to say the least. Verging on Djebi last saturday :ohmy:

Totally shocked. Shocked by this deal. Shocked by Hastings' treatment by Butcher. Shocked by how far we have fallen so quickly.

Brewster may not have been Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson, but I doubt even he could have dragged us down so far so quickly. Picking up County's not-good-enough-for-us defenders!?! Letting Vigurs and Gillespie go???

Aye, but let's not be critical of Butcher because he is honest and gives us all a laugh with comments in the press about red wine and aliens.

The way we are heading, we're more likely to be relegated than promoted.