Hastings Gone & Golly Back

CaleyD

havent rated hastings for a few years now, poor positionally never looked to play a short ball or support the forward players. squad players jumping up a division isnt a huge shock top six div 1 or bottom six spl? not alot in it. already happened today with curier. am sure the hamilton fans will be having kittens tho!

i think golly has been signed more as a squad player, good experienced pro to have around the club. Would be suprised if he plays 5 games. Presume the young lad will be ahead of him in pecking order.

Accies fan here.Seems like mixed messages iro Hastings.Think Reid panicked when Hammell knocked Accies and also Dundee back.

Accies signings have been terrible so reading on here doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that has been done here is a player, with a considerable ego, whom has been frozen out, has been moved on. Another player, who will always play as best as he can, no matter what his thoughts are on his status within the squad, has been brought in as cover. We have also saved ourselves a wage. Seems like good business.

I know some fans were expecting Wayne bridge because Zadi made a mistake but because Butcher is away, and doesn't have a mobile phone, it couldn't be arranged.

Quite shocked at this news. Not sad to see the back of Hastings as didn't think he was good enough latterly to be in team. Golabek was a good servant to ICT but latterly he was too slow and fail to see the benefit of this piece of business. However lets give the guy a chance. :P

Trouble is we are a club with stated ambition to get right back into the SPL, we cant afford to ' see how he goes' we also need to see which of these new signings are up to the challenge of a promotion chasing side.

Hastings will not be missed, Lionel had a howler last saturday, but so did most of the team, and we also have good cover for him in a young lad named Shinnie who impressed me in any game if have seen him playing so far.

My concerns are Stratford & Sanchez, with a bit of doubt on Eagles, ie lack of first team football which has been pointed out on another thread, its a lack of experience that fecked us up last week, too many players didnt know where to look for guidance on the park.

Lets look at what is blatantly wrong with the team. We have shipped 6 league goals in 4 games in the First Division. Therefore, the obvious place to look is the defence.

Proctor - Performs reasonably well in the right back role, able to get forward and track back.

Bulvitis - Although questionable against County, he's been solid enough.

Munro - A little slow, but has clearly worked on his distribution.

Djebi-Zadi - A total liability in our team. Caught out at left back time and time again, yet no one else sees this? Look at our games in the SPL after the split and tell me how many goals we have conceded from a cross from where LDZ is supposed to be defending - I shouldn't have to specifically mention that the goal that relegated us was his fault? Two goals were directly attributable to him against County as well. He needs to go, and he needs to go now!

Tokely will likely replace Proctor and make an immediate return to the team after serving his suspension providing some much needed marshalling of the back line.

I worry that Butcher will attempt to persevere with LDZ at left back. If he does, is out of a genuine belief that LDZ can perform at this level? Or is it out of sheer stubborness? Remember, when LDZ was sent off against Falkirk, he made an immediate return to the team for league business...

Let's hope that Golly comes in ready to do the business and show up LDZ for the wanabee that he is!

Edited by Jay_7

Lets look at what is blatantly wrong with the team. We have shipped 6 league goals in 4 games in the First Division.

Proctor - Performs reasonably well in the right back role, able to get forward and track back.

Bulvitis - Although questionable against County, he's been solid enough.

Munro - A little slow, but has clearly worked on his distribution.

Djebi-Zadi - A total liability in our team. Caught out at left back time and time again, yet no one else sees this? Look at our games in the SPL after the split and tell me how many goals we have conceded from a cross from where LDZ is supposed to be defending? Two goals were directly attributable to him against County as well. He needs to go, and he needs to go now!

You missed Ross Tokely. I believe, for all his faults, he is the linkpin that has kept our defense together for most of the time and his return will see us do better. I also believe Gollie could be the best thing to happen this season. He may be getting on a bit but he can still control a game. A past skipper he has the knowledge and experience to coach and control those around him and he's not short of a few expletives when others aren't doing the business.

Tokely, Munro and Gollie.................all thats missing there is Blobby

You missed Ross Tokely. I believe, for all his faults, he is the linkpin that has kept our defense together for most of the time and his return will see us do better. I also believe Gollie could be the best thing to happen this season. He may be getting on a bit but he can still control a game. A past skipper he has the knowledge and experience to coach and control those around him and he's not short of a few expletives when others aren't doing the business.

Tokely, Munro and Gollie.................all thats missing there is Blobby

I did a fair bit of editing before you posted your reply... :P

- I shouldn't have to specifically mention that the goal that relegated us was his fault?

Let's hope that Golly comes in ready to do the business and show up LDZ for the wanabee that he is!

I thought maybe playing with 10 men relegated us but maybe since it was not Zadi that was sent off, it does not count!

zadi ain't that bad. looking at him against dundee and away to dunfermline, he was cracking. taking players on and beating them, having the pace and confidence to track back and shephard the ball out, it was like having roscoe back on the pitch. however whether he still has the confidence to do that remains to be seen after saturday. bearing in mind butcher has been slowly and carefully building him up over the last few months, the fans on saturday might affect him.

and looking at the league games, we lost 2 league goals in 3 games (both to the favourites) before the county game.

I thought maybe playing with 10 men relegated us but maybe since it was not Zadi that was sent off, it does not count!

How did playing with 10 men relegate us? As I recall, we played for a long time with 10 men comfortably, without conceding, no? What relegated us was a poor cross from where LDZ should have been defending, being scrappily knocked in by Higdon.

I am just really really embarrassed that we have signed a county reserve after selling them our two best prospects at the end of last season. Nightmare.

Fair enough he is a legend, he scored our first SPL goal, but I cant see what he will contribute now. Maybe the striker we need will be Dunc Shearer?

Oh dear me, that's all I can say

Should we not be trying to sign a striker to score more goals rather than a defender who may let more in? As for Hastings, good luck to you mate. No disrespect to Golly but his playing days here are over and what does this signing tell our competitors?

signed

Offically depressed

ps I can hear people laughing in Dingwall from here.

How did playing with 10 men relegate us? As I recall, we played for a long time with 10 men comfortably, without conceding, no? What relegated us was a poor cross from where LDZ should have been defending, being scrappily knocked in by Higdon.

I love your footballing managerial style.

Playing with 10 men does not create a problem for my team, ICT are comfortable with a man short.

Would we have scored with another player on the park - 10 men does not create a problem to my team!

Would we have defended better with another defender on the park - no way, Rossco hides in a match anyway!

10 men made no difference folks - believe me - it was all Zadi's fault.

Aye Right!

Oh dear me, that's all I can say

Should we not be trying to sign a striker to score more goals rather than a defender who may let more in? As for Hastings, good luck to you mate. No disrespect to Golly but his playing days here are over and what does this signing tell our competitors?

signed

Offically depressed

ps I can hear people laughing in Dingwall from here.

How many strikers do we have to keep signing before everyone is happy. Ten strikers in a team wont win matches. We have 8 listed strikers in our squad already. None of us know what Gollie can do for this team. He wasn't a favourite of Adams but that doesn't mean he's finished. We dont know the reasons for him falling out of favour but I suspect its more to do with style of play than anything else. Stuart can bring a calming influence to the team when under pressure and he can shepherd the younger players. He was a bloody good captain and I'm sure he hasn't lost any of that side of his game.

I love your footballing managerial style.

Playing with 10 men does not create a problem for my team, ICT are comfortable with a man short.

Would we have scored with another player on the park - 10 men does not create a problem to my team!

Would we have defended better with another defender on the park - no way, Rossco hides in a match anyway!

10 men made no difference folks - believe me - it was all Zadi's fault.

Aye Right!

Calling it like I see it... Obviously you see it differently.

I was talking to a player on msn, and he told me that Stuart Golabek is sh*te. Loses the ball al the time and cant pass atall. He makes Richard Hastings look good.

And how good is that player?

Your obviously far too young to remember the Stuart Golabek who led this team to SPL

Its Daniel Park ^_^

I can remember him always being on the bench in the SPL, iv also got his signature aswell.

And how good is that player?

Your obviously far too young to remember the Stuart Golabek who helped this team to SPL and led it in our first couple of very successful seasons

Thats the problem though Alex , your harping back to the good old days but those days are long gone as are Stuarts better footballing days .